Trombe

A(エース) will disband

^ agreed, instrumentally they always seemed like they were sort of cool/interesting, but their vocalist sort of ruined it for me.

Also kek @ people going 'visual kei is dead' again, their members will most definitely return in some shape or form to the VK scene and if they weren't completely pre-fabricated by some 3rd party they will probably still be able to bring some fresh things onto the table

Ahh you don't seem to understand this. While most vk bands were out there producing and writing the same song we've been hearing for the past +4 years, ACE was creating music that was fresh, amusing, different. The members can go and join different bands or create new ones separately, but they won't be ACE, and they won't create something as astounding as ELEMENTAL ALCHEMICA and such.

Yup Ace has a solid/interesting concept and has always been a group greater than the sum of its parts. I suspect few bands (if any) in the scene today can pull off something like Elementa Alchemica - it contains some of the most wonderful instrumental passages I've ever heard in vk.

It's such a shame really that they're disbanding :(

Ahh you don't seem to understand this. While most vk bands were out there producing and writing the same song we've been hearing for the past +4 years, ACE was creating music that was fresh, amusing, different. 

I believe this is basically what you say about any up and coming gazette effort, but anyway

I'm keen to assume you need to read his comment once again, he's understanding everything perfectly, and if there's no innovation coming from the same members again, it means they had very little to do with it in the first place, given the amount of label puppets in vk and such.

Unfortunately never really got into them.  I really admired Rookie Fiddler's skills, but he basically made the band.

As much as I'm saddened by this news, if their alter-ego thing was the direction they were going, then I'm glad they were put out of their misery before that. The Turn-A cds were literally some of the worst things I've heard all year. It's very rare when just listening to a song makes me embarrassed, but they achieved that rather easily.

That really sucks, haha.  Weren't those CDs really expensive?

Nimo wrote a message to his fans on his blog: http://ameblo.jp/a-nimo/entry-11724790630.html

Dear Heartiesテーマ:ブログ

Dearest my precious Hearties,

I hope all of you are doing well.

Just maybe I cannot convey my feeling well because of my poor English.
BUT I WANT TO CONVEY IT TO YOU IN WORDS OF MY OWN. 
So I write it myself.

As you may already know,
It's with deep regret that I must inform you that we, Anonymous Confederate Ensemble, are going to pause our sailing story for a while.

But I don't want you to wear a sad look.
I have kept looking for warm and splendid smile of you.
Of course now and forever.
So can you give me your smiles till the last day as you always do for us?

Also I want to tell you.
I'm really glad I met you.
I'm proud of you.
Even distance cannot keep as apart!!
Because we are A forever!!
You are Hearty forever!!

From now on, each of us will start to walk our separate ways and 
start to write a new adventure story.

Imagine what the new story will be like!!
I'm sure there will be also full of splendid smiles!!
Don't you think so? 

Thank you for your kind support and warm smile.

LOVE.

Cap'n Nimo

It's sad, because I really liked them, but honestly, I am so used to most of my favourite vk bands being broken up that in the end it doesn't really matter so much to me. XD

Also not going to say "vk is dead", because people have been saying that for like almost 15 years now, and in the end there have always been new bands - bad bands, mediocre bands, good bands.

It always sucks to see a good band go, but something new will come along. It always has.

It's sad, because I really liked them, but honestly, I am so used to most of my favourite vk bands being broken up that in the end it doesn't really matter so much to me. XD

Also not going to say "vk is dead", because people have been saying that for like almost 15 years now, and in the end there have always been new bands - bad bands, mediocre bands, good bands.

It always sucks to see a good band go, but something new will come along. It always has.

this.

and to those who keep saying VK is dead: HOLLOWGRAM is coming. I'm positive they're gonna be awesome.

I believe this is basically what you say about any up and coming gazette effort, but anyway

I'm keen to assume you need to read his comment once again, he's understanding everything perfectly, and if there's no innovation coming from the same members again, it means they had very little to do with it in the first place, given the amount of label puppets in vk and such.

What's the GazettE got to do with any of this? Sounds like you're trying to pick an argument over nothing and create something that doesn't need to be done. Also, interesting word choice there: "I'm keen to assume you need to read his comment once again, [...]" So you're eager/enthusiastic to assume such things?

What's the GazettE got to do with any of this? Sounds like you're trying to pick an argument over nothing and create something that doesn't need to be done. Also, interesting word choice there: "I'm keen to assume you need to read his comment once again, [...]" So you're eager/enthusiastic to assume such things?

Why are you rising to this...again?!

Too sad to say anything about this. They have been one of the best VK bands I've ever heard so far. Oh well, another VK drama. Even though they split up and decided to form each band, I dont think they will sound the same as when they were together.

After digging around for a bit, and with the help of Linh, I've formulated a theory that they're breaking up because of money issues. Turn-A sounds like a last-ditch effort to re-record old A songs and then sell them to make some emergency cash. The low quality and poor reception of those CDs put the nail in the coffin for this band.

It's sad but VK is expensive and as much as I liked them they never got the push they needed to really make it.

Also Nimo, if you're lurking now would be the time to jump in. Tell us you're going to form a new band "B" or something. Anything pls.

EDIT: Also Linh makes another good point. They all die at the end of this music video. That supports my theory even more.

Someone bake this woman brownies. She's cracking all the mysteries today.

That really sucks, haha.  Weren't those CDs really expensive?

500yen each for the Turn A ones but one of them was 1000 and came with a photoset. So basically giving the band 4000yen if you bought all of them.

Some curiosities are better left at just that :<

LOL!

After digging around for a bit, and with the help of Linh, I've formulated a theory that they're breaking up because of money issues. Turn-A sounds like a last-ditch effort to re-record old A songs and then sell them to make some emergency cash. The low quality and poor reception of those CDs put the nail in the coffin for this band.

very elegant and coherent speculation! <3 I dig it!!!!!

#vk_conspiracy_4_life this is where the real fun of still following this miserable declining subgenre lies, tbh