Ikna

Women in Visual kei

I've been speaking to a couple of my comrades, namely  and @fictioninhope, about making this thread to have a place to share bands with and/or of women in the Japanese music scene. Visual kei and beyond. 

I've noticed a lot of times over the years I'd be in music communities and a random "girl" band would come up, and when asked what other female j-rock artists they enjoyed, most of the people could only name a couple off hand. Not because they didn't enjoy female musicians, but simply because they weren't exposed to any. I'm hoping this thread can change that and the wonderful members of MH can share their favorites here. And also have discussions about women in the industry and the pros and cons of it. 

I'll start off with some recent finds from the last few months. I'm always excited to see new faces, maybe some MH members can shed some light on these bands?

CROSS VEIN

I recently found out this band is major on Victor Ent.? Not too bad, but their costuming made me expect something a little more epic. 

GANGLION

I think this group has been around a while, I know I've seen their name. But this song sounds like they may be worth looking into.

I think bands like Exist Trace, and Danger Gang won't need introduction in this thread. By far, I listen to a lot more non-visual bands so a couple of my recent favorites in that realm would be

イツエ(Itsue)

New album is coming soon and I'm over the moon. All aboard the hype train. Choo choo! 

HEAD PHONES PRESIDENT

Anza was probably the first female rock vocalist I heard and I've been obsessed ever since. She's amazing.

And this band is a super recent find for me but I'm getting addicted to their brand of excessive cuteness. I can't fight it. ;;

SHISHAMO

Prepare for cavities!

So MH, who are some of the J-rock (or pop or hip-hop, it's all good) women in your life? Tell me all about them. :)

I love Head Phones President and Exist Trace - so glad they were already mentioned (and probably don't have to be).

Dazzle Vision is fronted by Maiko - I love her growls!

Mary's Blood makes decent hard Rock:

When first getting into J-Music, I had a friend that loved Tomiko Van and Do As Infinity.  I like it - it is soft rock.

I also was into Go!Go!7188 early on as well.  Alternative sound:

One of my other introductory artists to J-Music was Yaida Hitomi, who also makes pop rock.

Olivia was also a half Japanese artist that I liked in early days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeYUtWDjB8k

These are not "Girl" bands per-se either, but a lot of my favorite alternative bands have female bassists that add vocal harmonies - such as HaKU, Hello Sleepwalkers, and Ling Toshite Sigure.

There are also the other obvious groups like Scandal, Babymetal, and Waggakki Band - but I tried to mention acts people may have not tried before.  I know there are more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

So much yes to that post!!!!

I've been a Dazzle Vision fan for a while. They played here and people were telling me how great they were at the show. I had never heard of them before so I didn't go (it was a convention and expensive just to see a band I didn't know) but now I wish I did!! Maiko is a beast. <3

Olivia! I used to listen to her a long time ago, then I kinda forgot. Thanks for bringing her back up. Is she still releasing new music?

I also love Hello Sleepwalkers, they had one of my favorite albums last year. Mary's Blood and Ling Tosite Sigure I'm into but I'm still in the process of collecting more music from them before I'd say I'm really familiar with them.

A lot of the others I know they name or heard only a couple of songs. I'll be sure to look into them more now. 

Drop's are fun if you like bands like The Birthday and that sort of old school rock n' roll vibe. Their sound is more pop-rock, but the singer has a lovely voice, and they're going for cool instead of cute, which is kind of refreshing.

Now with more thought, I forgot to mention these great ones too:

Soundwitch:

Onmyouza:

I'm digging Soundwitch. They sound in the same vein with Head Phones President a little with this song. Onmyouza is a band I have a lot of respect for, but I've never been able to get into their music.

Drop's are fun if you like bands like The Birthday and that sort of old school rock n' roll vibe. Their sound is more pop-rock, but the singer has a lovely voice, and they're going for cool instead of cute, which is kind of refreshing.

I've never heard of them before this. Sign me up, I like the vintage rock vibe. I feel like I need a leather jacket now. XD

I’ll mention Kokusyoku Sumire; love their distinct style and song:

I don’t think Kokusyoku Sumire belongs to J-Rock, but can’t we categorize her into vk?

For more ‘J-Rock’, I like NOBARA:

Her voice sounds scary, haunted and beautiful at the same time, and her guitar lines are pretty cool.

She used to be in a band called Obscure but now I think she’s on her solo project

I'm a big fan of Scandal hurhur. Also FLiP, Kinoco Hotel, and Chatmonchy seems super old now, idk if they're still releasing stuff. Oh yes and Tsushimamire, saw them live actually and they're awesome. If we're just talkin' girl-fronted, then I gotta mention Jin, 101A and fra-foa, whom I know is defunct, but Idc, they were amazing.

Glad to see this thread! There are a lot of great bands/artists to talk about, but for now I'll just stick to early favs, and current favs.

GO!GO!7188 was probably among the first female-fronted J-rock bands I got into around 2004. I still listen to them sometimes today - they were solid even up until they disbanded, and I've always thought Yumi Nakashima was a largely underrated musician and songwriter. Her other band チリヌルヲワカ is quality as well.

Was also a BIG fan of AYA/亜矢 and still enjoy her stuff today as well. IIrc, some of the very first Japanese albums I bought were hers. Her sound was heavily inspired by 90's grunge and she even worked with some of the guys from Nirvana I believe. Unfortunately, she seems to have vanished from the face of the earth.

If anyone remembers the Japanese site mf247 from long ago (it was basically a site that promoted underground/up-and-coming artists where you could also download mp3s) - that's where I first found out about 101A...sometime in 2006. I still have the mp3 I got from there too lol...it's like a rough/demo version of their song "miranda lethal weapon".  They're still a worthwhile band if you're into dark, experimental/post-rock type stuff. Their sound has moved a long way from how it was in this old PV:

me-al art was also a band I fell in love with back in the day. I don't remember exactly how I came across them, but it was sometime in 2007 (so probably scouring Japanese myspace band pages). The most striking thing about this band was their vocalist, Satoko. Her voice itself isn't unique, but in the context of Japanese indie-rock...you just don't hear voices like this often. Not a band I listen to as often anymore, but they've cranked out some solid tunes over the years. Supposedly, they're working on new material, so that should be interesting.

Another band that's a bit of a throwback favorite is UNLIMITS. I'm actually pretty certain that I came across them on myspace sometime in 07 as well lol. Their mini album "クローバー" was among the very first things I was able to download on Japanese p2p and also the band that helped me become "cool" with Tainted World's admin Spike back in the day, ahaha. They're still a good band today. Pop-punk (or i guess melodic HxC+pop?) with great female vocals.

I'll stop this post before I get too carried away, but one of my all-time favorite female-fronted J-bands has to be ハイスイノナサ. I suppose you could write their music off as experimental math-rock. Whatever the case, I'm hoping that they'll release a new album soon because I can't get enough.

Lastly, one of my most recent favorites is chouchou merged syrups.  (which i'm sure everyone knows by now.) Both haisuinonasa and chouchou. are on Zankyo records

I remember listening to デンジャー☆ギャング's (Danger☆gang) サムライ on repeat for few days when I was a lot younger. I don't enjoy their other material that much, and even this song isn't that great. But it's so nostalgic... 

And of course there's exist†trace. 灰ノ雪 is one of my favorite songs, and I still feel so betrayed when they changed their style to the shitty pop rock they do nowadays. When they still played good music, I was one of their biggest fans. I loved these girls so much. 

EDIT//

Almost forgot about ネクロサァカス (NecRoCirCuS)! I was never a huge fan of them, but they played  okayish music. The vocalist sounds pretty horrible though.

Also DecoLa Hopping's Suiya is hella rad. She is so awesome.

Edited by paradoxal

gotta love this thread <3

Female fronted band must be more recognized because only Japan have cute female and can play decent music LOL XD. I will mention my favorite first:

aquarifa was my first discovery into japanese indie music, with their mini album "scene", I found Iwata Machi (recent voc) was a collaboration between Yui Hirasawa from K-ON! and indie rock LMFAO, but I enjoyed it so far! She can play guitar and compose music too. Even their first vocalist Arry is still my favorite until now, I hope this bands release more in the future.

While CAT5 mention unlimits for pop punk, I mention SCOTLAND GIRL! They are my fave pop punk band recently (even with awful engrish). I hope they release something new soon!

Must mention Foreground Eclipse even they were disbanded, because they are my first influence in post hardcore/metalcore and awesome doujin band. Merami (vo) take my attention with her cute vocal and do some post hardcore song (not usual combination) LOL

虚弱。 is one of my fave instrumental band, all girl, imagine that this girls compose play chilling instrumental songs, make your mind blown you away. Although their recent song is not good as earlier, but they are still decent.

7Years To Midnight have awesome female guitarist, watched they performed, and she is awesome! Maybe one of the great metalcore female guitarist in Japan

I want to mention Kinoko teikoku, tricot, and uchuu conbini, but they are already everyone favorites for now :D

No love for bomi? One of the cutest artists in Japanese indie-pop, really looking forward to her new album!

Also there's this new indie band on Zankyo called 雨のパレード (ame no parade) who have a female drummer, they're pretty rad.

SHISHAMO was mentioned but no Silent Siren at all? RATS. (jk)

Sugarsweet, but still talented all-girl group, yay!

AJICO is also worth mentioning - UA in her prime, perhaps? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30-aaebGNDE

Ua and Kenichi have one hell of a chemistry...

Clammbon has quite lovely female vocalist too ;)

Soooo cuuuute~

No "Women of J-rock" without demi-legendary ヤプーズ (Yapoos) though! Jun Togawa always nailed it :)

such vocal talent

Sheesh, I even forgot Tokyo Jihen too! Queen Ringo needs no further explanations...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUeKO3Vyo0w

sniff...

Seconding Hitomi Yaida and Silent Siren.

Also, no mentions for Shonen Knife and Judy and Mary?

I'm not a diehard fan of theirs, but Shonen Knife have the cutest lyrics ever.

"He gets his kicks from a tiny toy
A green frog filled with catnip
And pretty soon he's gonna be seventeen
Kitty cat birthday party

Catnip is a kitty cat drug
We plant catnip seeds together
All summer long he watches it growing
Dreaming of the harvest moon

Catnip dream, catnip dream, catnip dream
Meow, meow, meow"

Judy and Mary

Much love to you ender for making this thread happen. Look at all those glorious bands! :'3 I don't have many new recs/contributes to add, (lmao, I had more than I expected x'D) since I've spotted all the ones I wanted to put up but, at the bottom are some I've remembered having gone through a section of my music library quickly. I'd just like to give a thumbs up to a load of my favs already listed so be prepared for some scrolling (I won't spam this too much with a load of quotes so I'll give some shoutouts to the original poster)

Responses

EDIT: Mabuta, how the hell did I miss yours? xD Thank you for liking ender's last post so I re-read through the thread again and got to yours!

I’ll mention Kokusyoku Sumire; love their distinct style and song:

I don’t think Kokusyoku Sumire belongs to J-Rock, but can’t we categorize her into vk?

For more ‘J-Rock’, I like NOBARA:

Her voice sounds scary, haunted and beautiful at the same time, and her guitar lines are pretty cool.

She used to be in a band called Obscure but now I think she’s on her solo project

I adore Kokusyoku Sumire, I need to listen to them more often. I wanted to mainly quotes you just to say you won't hear the end of me complimenting you and your new avi now! x'D NOBARA is new to me though, so I thank you a lot for bringing her up.

: CROSS VEIN had been a band I've been interested in hearing for a while, so when I spotted the album newly put up here ( shoutout to that user too (; ), I jumped for joy. A really great heavy band, as I was expecting. I can say the same for GANGLION too. Both have some really catchy songs and deserve a lot more attention. <- I mean this with every musician I bring up, to be honest. Itsue is one I've heard of before, and seeing as you're a massive fan, I better get to listening to them sooner then later! HEAD PHONES PRESIDENT is one of my first female fronted bands I enjoyed too! To think Anza had sung the complete opposite at the start of her career. HPP are amazing, no joke! And SHISHAMO, HELL YEAH! I need to continue listening to them more often. 

@TheStoic: Your list is pretty much all the ones I first thought of too! Nice choices! But, just one thing I'd like to bring up on this, if I may. How can Olivia only be mentioned without her lovely sis Caroline? The Lufkin siblings are two of my all time favourite singers! Her music is a lot more dreamy like.

I'm a big fan of Scandal hurhur. Also FLiP, Kinoco Hotel, and Chatmonchy seems super old now, idk if they're still releasing stuff. Oh yes and Tsushimamire, saw them live actually and they're awesome. If we're just talkin' girl-fronted, then I gotta mention Jin, 101A and fra-foa, whom I know is defunct, but Idc, they were amazing.

SCANDAL fan here too~ I think all three of the other bands you've brought up are still active, and awesome choices. I particularly love Chatmonchy because of the vocals, and Kinoco Hotel because,  well, DAT WHOLE STYLE~ I am quite jelly you've seen the brilliance that is Tsushimamire live! Great mentions all out!

@CAT5: I am so pleased to see UNLIMITS there! You've reminded me I need to continue listening to everything Yumi Nakashima related. me-al art's a great one too, and no surprise with those last couple of favs, haha.

@paradoxal: DecoLa Hopping is one I was going to bring up! Nicely done!! And I see you listen to the two that needed no introduction. Really awesome.

@DeithX252: Brilliant you brought up aquarifa! And you've actually spoken of a lovely new batch I need to give a listen to as well. SCOTLAND GIRL sounds so good! And what you said below...

I want to mention Kinoko teikoku, tricot, and uchuu conbini, but they are already everyone favorites for now :D

Too right, I wanted to bring them up too so I'll just quote these awesome lot for a +1 on them heh.

: I know right!? Silent Siren deserved a bring up too so thanks for that! I can't believe I haven't heard of AJICO before, wow. Clammbon = approved. And YES TO MY OTHER WAIFU. Everything Togawa related; flawless. yapoos and ヤプーズ included. Thank you for that. You've made my respect for you sky rocket lol. No forgetting Ringo, prz-san! x'D

Picks

So, hello there, if you've decided to skip to here. xD If not, then have a cookie for still sticking around.

These gals are also worth mentioning to me:

Pop picks

Aural Vampire is a electro duo who really kick ass, made up of female vocalist Exo-Chika, and male music creator Raveman.

little by little is another female/male duo musician act I had found when I first got into Asian music, thanks to anime in all honestly. With cute vocals and catchy rhythms, there's a lot to love here.

I have yet to bring this girl rapper duo up, and I should have done ages ago when Charisma.com came up as our top album release of 2014. HALCALI also rap, and while not as outstanding or as catchy as Charisma.com, it's very reminiscent to these two. They can do really fun and happy songs, or sad and heartbreaking tracks, all including very easy going rap.

And finally, Zwei. Another girl duo~ So rockin'! Not exactly pop but they now do anime/game songs unlike before when their work was a lot more individual for this reason, I believe. Still, I love 'em.

LOVE PSYCHEDLICO is a band with that slow, rock tempo kind of style. I saw a similar band mentioned so I really wanted to reveal this treasure. They're said to be popular not only in Japan, but also in Taiwan and Hong Kong, but I rarely hear them spoken about at all. If you're into some laid back pop, I cannot recommend them enough. Sung most often in English, they're really catchy and sweet.

savage genius, much like little by little, is a pop group I found when becoming addicted to an anime opening. I don't love them as much as the latter, but they're just as talented.

Seeing as UNLIMITS were brought up, I'd like to speak up on 7!! (oops). Those vocals, this pop, that kawaiiness. <3

Everything Yuki Kajiura and Yasutaka Nakata related as well. Vocals are on point with the music genres and both deserve even more recognition for their work.

Everything Tomoko Kawase related too, as well as her band the brilliant green. Because she has two 'acts' (alter-egos), she can do pop/punk and rock. A lot to love for a woman who tries and does so much.

Heavier sound

LIV MOON and Light Bringer have two of the best female vocalists I have ever heard. Along with already mentioned Dazzle Vision, they're all tied as my all time favourite female fronted bands.

Rampant was one of the first heavy bands I gave a listen to who are Japanese. Their vocalist has departed sadly, but their album 'Choice of Life' is worth every second.

AREA51 definitely are worth a mention. While the vocals are something that might take a while to get into, or not at all, the intruments are stunning. 

The gallhammer gals are my children. They don't seem liked all that much, but just give them a go. Their album 'ill innocence' is a masterpiece. Don't give me that expression, I'm not kidding. 

No mention of BLOOD STAIN CHILD yet? The shock!! Vocalist Sophia (one of the first songs to feature her as their new vocalist back in 2011) is delightful.

There's too many I want to bring up and so much text already (cut down from before ><). *fans self* I apologise. lmao, ender, I had more left over than I thought. x'D

:thumbs: i always thought she would make a great melodic-deathmetal vocaliast, and I'm not talking about the weak or crappy shit either.

anyway The Queen of Japan tommy for once i dont hate alot if clear english

existtrance was good for judea and that's really it. it's such a shame, she was one hell of a screamer

I’ll mention Kokusyoku Sumire; love their distinct style and song:

For more ‘J-Rock’, I like NOBARA:

I never heard Kokusyoku Sumire before, really interesting! I'll have to check more of her/their music out. I got into NOBARA with her last album, but I didn't realize she was in another band before. Thanks for that info. 

Here's a pretty obscure but killer band, they have a kinda experimental-metal-mixed-with-grunge vibe (or idk), Kaimokujisho:

Their album was shared on here not long ago, if anyone wanna give it a try. ^^

I'm gonna have to get that album, this band is right in my wheel house. Love it!

Was also a BIG fan of AYA/亜矢 and still enjoy her stuff today as well. IIrc, some of the very first Japanese albums I bought were hers. Her sound was heavily inspired by 90's grunge and she even worked with some of the guys from Nirvana I believe. Unfortunately, she seems to have vanished from the face of the earth.

Another band that's a bit of a throwback favorite is UNLIMITS. I'm actually pretty certain that I came across them on myspace sometime in 07 as well lol. Their mini album "クローバー" was among the very first things I was able to download on Japanese p2p and also the band that helped me become "cool" with Tainted World's admin Spike back in the day, ahaha. They're still a good band today. Pop-punk (or i guess melodic HxC+pop?) with great female vocals.

So sad I missed the boat on AYA, I am living for that grunge. That first song has riffs straight outta Nirvana almost. So good. omg.  And of course I love UNLIMITS. 

EDIT//

Almost forgot about ネクロサァカス (NecRoCirCuS)! I was never a huge fan of them, but they played  okayish music. The vocalist sounds pretty horrible though.

I never heard of NecRoCirCuS before, sounds like they're disbanded though? And I miss Decola Hopping so much. ;; I kept waiting to hear what Suiya was up to hoping she'd have a new band but I never saw anything. :(

gotta love this thread <3

Must mention Foreground Eclipse even they were disbanded, because they are my first influence in post hardcore/metalcore and awesome doujin band. Merami (vo) take my attention with her cute vocal and do some post hardcore song (not usual combination) LOL

虚弱。 is one of my fave instrumental band, all girl, imagine that this girls compose play chilling instrumental songs, make your mind blown you away. Although their recent song is not good as earlier, but they are still decent.

7Years To Midnight have awesome female guitarist, watched they performed, and she is awesome! Maybe one of the great metalcore female guitarist in Japan

I was so sad when Foreground Eclipse disbanded, they were one of my first Japanese metalcore/doujin bands too. Kyojaku. (I hope that's the right romanization?) are really interesting! I'd like to hear more from them. And I have heard 7Years To Midnight before but I never knew anything about the members. That's so cool, she's a beast!!

No love for bomi? One of the cutest artists in Japanese indie-pop, really looking forward to her new album!

Also there's this new indie band on Zankyo called 雨のパレード (ame no parade) who have a female drummer, they're pretty rad.

I never heard of bomi before, but I am liking her! And Ame no parade are great, they've been a staple in my playlist this last year.

SHISHAMO was mentioned but no Silent Siren at all? RATS. (jk)

Sugarsweet, but still talented all-girl group, yay!

Clammbon has quite lovely female vocalist too ;)

No "Women of J-rock" without demi-legendary ヤプーズ (Yapoos) though! Jun Togawa always nailed it :)

I really like Silent Siren too, but I haven't gotten to check out their full releases yet. I should get on that.  First time hearing Clammbon, but I hope not the last. I really liked them. And plug.dj sessions have schooled me on Jun Togawa's flawlessness, new personal idol, tbh. XD

Also, no mentions for Shonen Knife and Judy and Mary?

I'm not a diehard fan of theirs, but Shonen Knife have the cutest lyrics ever.

Judy and Mary

Classics! Shounen Knife were one of the first Japanese "girl punk" bands I ever heard. And their lyrics seriously are the cutest. lol. 

Picks

So, hello there, if you've decided to skip to here. xD If not, then have a cookie for still sticking around.

These gals are also worth mentioning to me:

Pop picks

Aural Vampire is a electro duo who really kick ass, made up of female vocalist Exo-Chika, and male music creator Raveman.

LOVE PSYCHEDLICO is a band with that slow, rock tempo kind of style. I saw a similar band mentioned so I really wanted to reveal this treasure. They're said to be popular not only in Japan, but also in Taiwan and Hong Kong, but I rarely hear them spoken about at all. If you're into some laid back pop, I cannot recommend them enough. Sung most often in English, they're really catchy and sweet.

No mention of BLOOD STAIN CHILD yet? The shock!! Vocalist Sophia (one of the first songs to feature her as their new vocalist back in 2011) is delightful.

There's too many I want to bring up and so much text already (cut down from before ><). *fans self* I apologise. lmao, ender, I had more left over than I thought. x'D

Well you were definitely help in the idea stage, if we hadn't talked about it, I probably wouldn't have made it to begin with! XD

I think Aural Vampire is a group you, I and Fictioninhope are crazy about. lol. Really consistently good for a long time now. I never heard of LOVE PSYCHEDELICO before but I'm diggin' them. I'll look into more of their music (omg from this and the eoty lists I have so much I'm drowning in new music hahaha). And I got into BLOOD STAIN CHILD back when they had a male singer. I never got into Sophia (more for personal reasons I won't go into here) but I'm eager to see how the new vocalist works out since Sophia's departure. 

And don't feel bad I have so many more to talk about that I left out just so this thread has room to grow. lol. I'm so happy to see this many responses though!! I left for a day and the thread kind of exploded. XD

I adore Kokusyoku Sumire, I need to listen to them more often. I wanted to mainly quotes you just to say you won't hear the end of me complimenting you and your new avi now! x'D NOBARA is new to me though, so I thank you a lot for bringing her up.

I'm very happy every time I know there's someone else who loves Kokusyoku Sumire! Their recent album is pretty good
Sachi is involved with some vk bands (you might already know that her cellist partner at Aoi Tsuki to Akai Bara was a member of Kαin), so thanks to her I changed my mind about vk bands (before I knew Sachi eventually performs as guest musician at vk band's live, I thought vk band’s live was just about headbanging, screaming and growling with absurd voice)

Anyway, Pinkmakona recommended Blanc Chaine
They were also good!

I knew NOBARA when she was in a band called Obscure, but it seems the band didn't go really well since its members are on their own project now

Anyway, have anyone mentioned SNoW?
* Not sure whether they can be mentioned in this thread or not

Anyway, have anyone mentioned SNoW?

I'm not sure, do you mind sharing a song/video from them?

And if there are female musicians in the group then they surely can be shared here. :)

Also, I'm surprised no one has brought up Nao (Maximum The Hormone) the queen of Japanese Alt/Nu-metal? I mean if you haven't heard her completely destroy a drum kit, then you really need to. XD

I'm not sure, do you mind sharing a song/video from them?

And if there are female musicians in the group then they surely can be shared here. :)

. . . . Because I don't think SNoW is a Jrock / vk band

I just knew SNoW because their songs became OP songs for 2 seasons of my favorite anime, Jigoku Shoujo.

How about ALI PROJECT?

I haven't heard about Ali Project in a long time. Are they still active?

I think they are still active, 

They released some materials (Albums, EPs, Live DVDs). . . . 

and this month they will release an album called Violetta Operetta

193-1.jpeg

Title: Violetta Operetta (ヴィオレッタ オペレッタ)

Release Date: January 21, 2015

Price: ¥ 3,086 (tax included)

1 遊蝶花ワルツ

2 恋は芸術気質

3 修道院の廃庭にて

4 L’Amour Looks Something Like You (Kate Bush)

5 すみれの花咲くころ (Franz Doelle)

6 Tico Tico no Fuba (Zequinha)

7 小夜すみれ〜ある夜の森の小さなお話 (JohannStrauss)

8 少女忌恋歌

9 Das Veilchen (Mozart)

10 星 菫

I'll repeat this from the chat. Mabuta, awesome music taste. ; ) Also, about SNow, don't worry that she's more pop. ender had explained in the beginning, and I had personally talked mainly about pop picks lol.

I was going to respond a while back to your question about SNoW, ender, but then I saw how this convo has flowed so nicely. x) ALI PROJECT are still active, yep, and they're also a fabulous music duo to look into. They recently released an album, if I remember correctly. Still going strong after all these years!

Well you were definitely help in the idea stage, if we hadn't talked about it, I probably wouldn't have made it to begin with! XD

I think Aural Vampire is a group you, I and Fictioninhope are crazy about. lol. Really consistently good for a long time now. I never heard of LOVE PSYCHEDELICO before but I'm diggin' them. I'll look into more of their music (omg from this and the eoty lists I have so much I'm drowning in new music hahaha). And I got into BLOOD STAIN CHILD back when they had a male singer. I never got into Sophia (more for personal reasons I won't go into here) but I'm eager to see how the new vocalist works out since Sophia's departure. 

And don't feel bad I have so many more to talk about that I left out just so this thread has room to grow. lol. I'm so happy to see this many responses though!! I left for a day and the thread kind of exploded. XD

xD I'm glad my inclusion helped put this thread forward so thank you for that!

Haha, yeah! I remember hope playing one of the AV's songs in plug and I just had to give their song 'freeeeze' more listens after. xD They just never falter, as you've said. I'm going to have to listen to them more. One of the best electro groups to me. I had also mentioned/brought up LOVE PSYCHEDELICO in the plug. A VERY smooth band imo. lmao, thanks to everyone for doing that to us all with all the newly discovered musicians needing to be listened to with so many others! xD So much to get through, haha. I'm glad you managed to find a couple you enjoyed in that list! About BSC, I only got into them with the female vocals, I had no idea they had a male one so thank you for bringing that up. I was upset when it was announced Sophia left because she was the reason I started listening. I'm going to have to check out more of them now.

lol, you're welcome! ='D I'm so sorry I rambled on so much. x'D Yay for the J-music gals! 

I'm very happy every time I know there's someone else who loves Kokusyoku Sumire! Their recent album is pretty good
Sachi is involved with some vk bands (you might already know that her cellist partner at Aoi Tsuki to Akai Bara was a member of Kαin), so thanks to her I changed my mind about vk bands (before I knew Sachi eventually performs as guest musician at vk band's live, I thought vk band’s live was just about headbanging, screaming and growling with absurd voice)

Anyway, Pinkmakona recommended Blanc Chaine
They were also good!

I knew NOBARA when she was in a band called Obscure, but it seems the band didn't go really well since its members are on their own project now

Anyway, have anyone mentioned SNoW?

I do have their latest album on my computer but I have yet to give it a listen. I'm also always happy to hear of someone enjoying them because all I usually her is 'good god, she should get another job. What the hell is up with that singing?' -.- I'm looking more forward to it if you're saying it's good so thank you for that!

I had no idea about that with Sachi so I thank you for saying that too! It's really awesome to know she lead you to the VK scene because that's definitely not everything to know about the scene, haha. 

Blanc Chaine is new to me by the way so I'm intrigued. Shout out to Pinkmakona, and many thanks to yourself for all the posts!

Also, I'm surprised no one has brought up Nao (Maximum The Hormone) the queen of Japanese Alt/Nu-metal? I mean if you haven't heard her completely destroy a drum kit, then you really need to. XD

I had her in mind when I was doing the list and she somehow slipped out of it towards the end. -.- Thank you for bringing her up! She's just too cool with that drumming!!