Ikna

Women in Visual kei

I do have their latest album on my computer but I have yet to give it a listen. I'm also always happy to hear of someone enjoying them because all I usually her is 'good god, she should get another job. What the hell is up with that singing?' -.- I'm looking more forward to it if you're saying it's good so thank you for that!

I had no idea about that with Sachi so I thank you for saying that too! It's really awesome to know she lead you to the VK scene because that's definitely not everything to know about the scene, haha. 

BlancChaine is new to me by the way so I'm intrigued. Shout out to Pinkmakona, and many thanks to yourself for all the posts!

Same thing happened here U_U

Yuka's singing style isn't something that can usually make people fall in love at the first time, but it's that make her different from the others :D

I thought it was around January last year, when I sneaked into a vk live where Sachi and Taizan was performed

That time I never thought that a vk band could perform that beautifully well along with Sachi's violin and Taizan's cello

. . . And since then, I've been really interested with vk scenes like crazy. I want to know more about them!

Speaking of female JRock bands, I think Aldious is pretty well known on the scene

<vader>I find the lack of Gacharic Spin disturbing</vader>

How can you not love them? Hyper-energetic and fronted by the drummer. Literally. her kit is in the front of the stage, and she is an awesome drummer at that. And the keyboardist looks like a real character.

It's a shame what happened to their original singer. She had to bow out due to an autoimmune disease attacking her nervous system. between her and Rami of Aldious, that's two young women in the primes of their lives struck down by odd diseases, and both of them a year after the quake and Fukushima. I hope it's just a coincidence. 

I used to really love Aldious but they are losing me. Re:No was the wrong singer for the band. She has a beautiful voice but it's too soft for a band that can out-thrash Metallica when it wants to. I've noticed a significant softening in the band's sound with her. And the production on the last album was absolute shit. Here's hoping their new drummer is as good as Aruto, because I genuinely liked her playing.

<vader>I find the lack of Gacharic Spin disturbing</vader>

How can you not love them? Hyper-energetic and fronted by the drummer. Literally. her kit is in the front of the stage, and she is an awesome drummer at that. And the keyboardist looks like a real character.

Her singing along with all those is what impressed me the most.

Not VK or modern jrock, but The 5.6.7.8’s deserves a mention in this thread just for being a japanese rock band and for being some of the coolest girls in music. The band have been active since 1986, but didn't get their "breakthrough" before they were included in Tarantino's 2003 masterpiece Kill Bill. Awesome surf/garage rock with lots of attitude and badassness. I get some Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!-vibes from the whole band, which to me is a huge plus.

The+5678s+00_london_bw_hall4.jpg

The+5678s.jpg

rsz_h506_19_113.jpg

The+5678s+The5678s004.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtuZeddLy-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8qG4BiS6fI

I'd kill to see these girls live around 92-94.

I do not know if reviving this thread from the dead is wise, but I am still doing it, because I have to share the work of god that pinkmakona is doing with her nice tumblr blog: http://fuckyeahfemalevisualkei.tumblr.com/

Nice photos and collection of the women in VK. I never realized how many bandmember were actually female. But it seems it‘s no longer an oddity.

That's a pretty cool blog. Didn't know there were so many girl bands either. Most of those on the list look like barbie dolls (not my cup of tea) but I'd love to find some interesting female vk bands to listen to.

Though to be honest none of the ones I heard so far have held my interest for very long.

Me neither and I gotta admit there're some pretty nice female VK pics but I also have to say most of them look like lolitas to me or as previously mentioned 'barbie dolls'

Has anyone heard of the old female band 螺旋 (rasen)?

DT-0520.jpg?itok=yRP7mPS3

All I seen is that they were active around 1997 and they released demo tapes, but no more information about them. I heard one of their demotapes, and they're really good, so I hope I get to hear more if I can find them...

Edit: I found this page for info, but still have yet to find downloads ;w;

I also found another female band I like! They're called 階段ライト (Kaidan Light) and I think they reformed like 3 times xD anyway they're a really good band, and seem to be very underrated.

kaidan%2Blight%2Bkaidano.jpg

www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9168195

sadly, i've yet to find more downloads other than their newer singles and first albums.....

I don't listen to much new VK with female singers (actually, I don't listen to much new VK at all lol), but I am a huge fan of Rosetta in particular. That demo was just goth magic. Also, Caligula is love <3.