Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY new single "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH" release

I like it, but they're deathgazing a little bit too much with this single tbh, it sounds like every tmoab-onwards mid-tempo track thrown together

it's literally like the fatal believer + lotus + rinkaku + a bit of unravelling here and there

Liked the sample, sounds way better than tracks like Lotus or Glass Skin at least.

So far it sounds like anything they did in the past 2 years (both in a positive and negative way).

But yeah, I wish Kyo sang some more, uhm, capable notes once in a while and not go all whiney-whiney on us. We'll see.

There are some very silly comparisons going on in here. I wouldn't go as far as to imply that this is somehow a bunch of different Dir en grey songs rolled into one (a 20 second sample does not give you that good of an impression to make that judgement); but I will say that it doesn't interest me much. I'm sure they're going to do their thing and it'll be fine; but as per everything we've heard as of late, this song isn't that much different in sound -- Kaoru and Die strum some chords in the chorus, to which Kyo does some vocal melody over -- wash, rinse, and repeat.

It sounds really standard for their recent material. Resembles more along the lines of Repetition of Hatred than anything in the "past two years". Sounds nothing like Rinkaku whatsoever.

Twenty seconds for Dir en grey is probably the most pointless time limit. Their songs don't usually stay the same for very long.

agreed. it's like if it were even 30 seconds for Maximum The Hormone.

It sounds really standard for their recent material. Resembles more along the lines of Repetition of Hatred than anything in the "past two years". Sounds nothing like Rinkaku whatsoever.

Twenty seconds for Dir en grey is probably the most pointless time limit. Their songs don't usually stay the same for very long.

They usually give us only 15 seconds. But I guess asking for a preview from the PVs which you don't even like circulating is too much.

overanalysing 20 seconds much?  . for me too it's just sounds like new deg.  after uroboros. it reminds me more unraveling

personally.

my cat made that same preview when I stepped on her tail once

lol i  couldn't stop laughing with this line.

omg you guys with the first comments scared me so much. i thought i would listen the worst because i almost hate the opera-high-pitched voice/is it called falsetto?i don't know.

but actually this wasn't bad. i like the sample! :)

i don't know after this scare if expectations got lower though lol

It's sounds really nice so far. I like that it's a bit more mellow than The Unraveling.

Also, yes to Toshiya's little solo :]

Sounds like an upbeat Dozing Green to me. Or Kodou <Unraveling Style>. And has kind of a good omen to it. Kyo really made it for me here! So far I like the chorus (that's probably going to be the chorus) but I don't really share your doubts about the representation value of these 20 seconds. It was often said now that this song is going to sound very "simple" and I somehow believe this song won't stray too far from this sample in total. It's not like Dir en grey are Porcupine tree or sth like that.

i have one thing to say and sorry
but thank god someone let him do solo work and i hope so now he doesn't have to put these ideas so much in deg.
i am sorry but i am freaking out here with sukekiyo why does he like so much this high piched meow voice..when did he start and why.
where did this come from whyyyyyy xDDDD .   nevermind me

i mean @zess is right with his first comment under the video (i am bored to quote)

After reading all the negative comments, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hesitant to watch the PV. However I can safely say this is perhaps one of the highlights of my year; the instruments work amazing together and Kyo's singing is beautiful. He hits the high notes pretty damn well and like others have said, this ends up adding to the musical experience instead of saying "here is the vocalist and there's the music". I'm very excited to hear the upcoming EP and impressed by Kyo's decision to go for something different.

Not even gonna bother with that preview, but I'm hoping for more along the lines of Rinkaku and The Unraveling, which is two of their best songs ever.

Sign in to follow this