Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY new single "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH" release

DS has this really awkward camera zooming thing going on, it's just really cheap and makes the music video look like some goth video from 2004, and not in a good sense. the animu is bad 2

Sustain the untruth at least has a better work in the photography and filming, though the way they they throw the DISASTUR pictures was really cheap...

Problem with Dir en grey pvs is that they are all directed by the same guy since Gauze. And this guy really isn't good about it. His page http://www.visualtrap.co.jp/vt/home001.html

why don't they let  kyo do it sometimes.lol .(just out of curiosity how it would be) i like some of his ideas in aftermath video.
was he the director/his ideas/Producer? i am not sure how this works.

i  like the pv. but i always loved videos with  scenes from lives in deg.

also i like the repetition in chorus/music. (i enjoy straightforward  but i enjoy  more complex  too.)

i think this song  is more addictive than unraveling and rinkaku.  i could have it in repeat for very long time lol.
especially while watching the video i liked it even more or maybe i got used to the voice and sounds nice.
since my only problem about this song is i think i will always  prefer songs without falsetto.
but that's personal preference and personal taste because i think his high voice here is fine. it fits with the atmosphere so much.
the music hits me in waves and   xDD

(random i like the way he sings in Ruten no Tou in regular version though. (i mean not unplugged, not acoustic, the regular song)

why don't they let  kyo do it sometimes.i like his ideas in aftermath video

was he the director/his ideas/Producer? i am not sure how this works

i  like the pv. but i always loved videos with  scenes from lives in deg.

also i like the repetition in chorus/music. (i enjoy straightforward  but i enjoy  more complex  too.)

i think this song  is more addictive than unraveling and rinkaku.  i could have it in repeat for very long time lol.

especially while watching the video i liked it even more or maybe i got used to the voice and sounds nice.

since my only problem about this song is i think i will always  prefer songs without falsetto.

but that's personal preference and personal taste because i think his high voice here is fine. it fits with the atmosphere so much.

the music hits me in waves and ♥ ♥ ♥♥  xDD

(random i like the way he sings in Ruten no Tou in regular version though. (i mean not unplugged, not acoustic, the regular song)

Some guy named "Orange" off Unravel. studios directed the PV for "Aftermath" (you can see the credits in the end)

and I think they should definitely let go off Visual Trap too - the quality of PVs is kinda getting down tbqh.

i don't know to be honest i never loved deg for their pv's when i first listened to them. i was looking the lives mostly and loved them. before i was into vkei.

but i think i am wrong in this because some of their pv's are shocking/provocative?strange? and have stayed "in history" lol for others.

but i have no clue who does them

DS has this really awkward camera zooming thing going on, it's just really cheap and makes the music video look like some goth video from 2004, and not in a good sense. the animu is bad 2

Sustain the untruth at least has a better work in the photography and filming, though the way they they throw the DISASTUR pictures was really cheap...

Problem with Dir en grey pvs is that they are all directed by the same guy since Gauze. And this guy really isn't good about it. His page http://www.visualtrap.co.jp/vt/home001.html

Oh, I now see why 2011 was the year of bad green screen pvs. 2 of 凛's pvs were made by him.

But that may be over now.. since Dir en grey work with new pv artists since rinkaku.

Unraveling PV is done by Hiroyuki Kondo (Visual Trap) so no, kinda too early to say that.

edit: I think it's also the least probable case for them (as in leaving Kondo out of their game) because Kondo's strictly affiliated with Dynamite Tommy's league

And this is where I stop, and let you guys make your own judgement about this matter.

Everyone is getting it wrong. The next PV collection won't be called Average Latin, it will be called MEDIOCRIS LATINE. Back on topic... I've yet to watch the DVD, but did they pull off a small behind the scenes snippet of them recording the next album like they did on the bonus DVD for Different Sense?

I get what you mean, however to me they really hit the rock bottom with grief, red soil and that zan remake videos

kondoh is actually pretty good when he has budgets to execute his ideas, but i kind of agree that his videos are very formulaic.

at the same time, this guy also directed kr cube and obscure, to me those are like the best visual kei videos ever made at all, on par with pierrot's excellent peak videos.

But that may be over now.. since Dir en grey work with new pv artists since rinkaku.

isn't rinkaku done by the same team behind agitated screams of maggots?

if anyone cares my random opinion xD.

as i said i love watching their  live dvds.and i love merciless cult pv  so much. i could watch it forever.

one day i decided to watch all their pvs but i was a long time fan without noticing half of them them.

i thought they were stupid back then.but now it think they are classic. from the visual days to be honest this.

i don't care about the recent. i almost never watch the recent ones  more than once. except this last one STU.

i don't really like them or care.if i watch something it would usually be from visual days.but for memory sake not seriously.but i still love watching tsumi to batsu xD.i really wanted to see kyo dance in unraveling though dammit, i am serious.i would probably watch it more because kyo was dancing.

and i like kodou !!, and i know you will laugh but i have seen the final in repeat so many times xD.but i guess this is old.

while everyone was obsessing with obscure  and child prey and saku, i didn't really give a shit back then about those, i liked different ones.and very recently i saw filth pv and was wtf!? xD

edit:i do  listen to their latest music i just don't seem to like the pvs, but i like watching the lives..

first time i ever wanted to watch a pv in repeat from recent was STU

edit2:and kyo dancing in unraveling

edit3: lotus had a beautiful pv idea. hageshisa has stayed in my mind as idea but still don't care really.

@Nekkichi: it's done by Keita Kurosaka, who did the PV for ASOM too, so yeah (come to think of it tho, ASOM PV was shown in many film festivals - I wonder what were the reactions to that)

@nekkichi Oh yeah good to mention, I forgot about that. A pity, bc I think both videos are excellent (ASOM and RInkaku).

I wouldn't say there are strict formulae on Kondous work. If I watch through the list on his website it's pretty various. It depends on the budget and the artist's favors I believe. But I might wait into eternity until I see a Dir en grey video like Behemoth's "Blow your trumpets Gabriel"... That's why my focus on the PVs with Dir en grey is not so high...  ...  well I think that comparison was a bit too ambitioned rofl

Imagine if they were to suddenly pull a PV of the remake of Macabre with Behemoth qualities such as Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel or even At the Left Hand ov God. Anyway, I noticed right away that the sound for the tracks were a little different than the EP and the Rinkaku single and lo and behold, the mastering was done by none other than Ted Jensen.

how do you fucking know what songs are more succesful.all their songs are on the top charts.
and the recent onces are all between 2-6
hageshisa is number 2. higher from all. but i can totally understand why personally.

also i don't understand the order. is it the sales? what is the order about.
i see the ranking and how long it stayed but why something is first or second on the band's page.

which i found pretty amazing btw that a band like deg does that. because compared to how i perceive things in europe and america.

japan loves the most boring songs.i mean everywhere there is pop but in terms of blandness and boringness in sound, japan wins.
and deg  doesn't fit in this stereotype.

you may love this kind of songs but they are indeed more bland. i mean look at the number one i am going to sleep.most of times it's like this when i look. and it's not because it's pop. they are bland.

edit: and kpop is more  lively and catchy than japan pop

edit2: also i have to say sometimes i like japanese pop too but still if i am objective, they tend to be more bland

Who cares about the oricon charts?

This, honestly.

@Miyuu: It appears that these charts designate initial sales, not overall sales (referring to the pages that have a break down of all releases by a band and their chart positions). I know people love to post Oricon links; but they don't really tell you anything outside of how well a release did in its first week.

No one cares about DEGstania's agitation either, Will.

Either way, the BGM in limited ed. DVD is apparently Kaoru's "latest" track (those who have been to FB know this already - I wonder if there are good Samaritans willing to share this instrumental piece in Downloads section :) ) - possible teaser for their future album, perhaps?

Generally with falsetto's, the vocalist is hitting higher notes that are normally outside of their range. If you're not doing falsetto's correctly, then I can understand why it may be easier than having a legitimate hold over your mid range; but there is no way that something like this is easier than mid range singing (it truly starts a :40):

Oddly enough, with Sustain the Untruth, it feels incredibly choppy to me in terms of how this song can go so quickly from incredible to nearly boring. I'm sure I'll be able to articulate my thoughts at a later time after a few more listens; but this is the first time in a long time, for me, that Kyo really saves the song and makes it something far better than it initially was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncowwj0ZT7I

better example?

Sign in to follow this