Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY new single "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH" release

I think in this case I like the acoustic b-side more than the actual title track...

After many listens, this is pretty much what I feel now.

The title song has enough oomph to make listener interested - but that too doesn't last for long. Choruses are kinda boring here tbqh.

Also, it's kinda hard to imagine low-key Kyo vocals (let's face it - most of his low-key vocals these days feel quite monotonous) fitting their newer production. Even if he has to force himself in many situations, his "whiny" vocals give a good contrast to background A-tuning riffage and Toshiya's "KLANG!"-bass.

@ relentless 

is there any reason why you're comparing legit trained opera singing to kyo?

Refer to:

singing in high pitch is way easier than doing a decent singing mid/low range voice

Refer to:

now sis, I'm referring to two narrowed down examples that don't represent operatic singing by any measure,

is there any reason you're stretching academically trained opera singers here?

Singing is singing. Certainly a great amount of skill is required for Opera; but when someone says that high notes are easier than those in a mid-range, Opera is the refutation of that.

because i find him interesting as person/artist and i am really curious & i care of what he thinks and of his opinion duh. but of course i am sure if someone asks him in interview he wouldn't be serious.and just say something irrelevant.

also i can say my opinion.can't i? and of course i am not the person who follows someone blindly no matter what.and i don't support this attitude.

if i stop liking someone's music , be sure i will stop listening to him.

I didn't want to appear rude in this. And I didn't say stop listening if you don't like it. I distance myself from that kind of attitude. But to be clear I just find it strange for someone to ask about someone elses preference because of an own dislike to it.

To the "discussion": Man, that can only happen in a Dir en grey forum, can it? Or at least it would be nice if it actually would..because this is the wrong place again..

I can't understand why people always need to pretend knowledge for something not knowable. In the end they only explain what an individual thinks of it. It's pointless. Why don't just say "don't know"? So much easier and honest. And doesn't provoke pointless discussions of course.

that's ok .i did got a little defensive without reason.i  got a little upset to be honest because i could totally  imagine kyo would answer me the same as you. xDD

for example: what is this strange question. wtf. because i like it. get used to it or not xD

since you posted/talked about opera .so i am going to say something so stupid .nevermind me.
so maybe they like opera lol.LOL.i was searching what FINEM LAUDA( -?a knot?only- tour)means some time ago
and  i found  they had this phrase in the opera :Così fan tutte. and i was kinda find it funny because it felt like an inside joke in my head

quote:According to William Mann,[6] Mozart disliked prima donna Adriana Ferrarese del Bene, da Ponte's arrogant mistress for whom the role of Fiordiligi had been created. Knowing her idiosyncratic tendency to drop her chin on low notes and throw back her head on high ones, Mozart filled her showpiece aria Come scoglio with constant leaps from low to high and high to low in order to make Ferrarese's head "bob like a chicken" onstage.[7]

is it strange that i like it so much more with the pv.

(it is straightforward indeed. since when did they had a song with so many times the chorus.

the whole song feels like a chorus in repeat.i am not used to that lately)

I don't think the repetitiveness of the chorus is as bad in this one as it was in, say, Hageshisa tbh.

All the random shots of disaster-struck areas make me think that maybe people were right before about the song being in the same spirit as their campaign after the whole bullshit with the nuclear reactor a couple of years ago, though I guess it might just be the director trying to make stuff look 'cool' or whatever as well.

.... Really hope the live dvd footage will surface soon, want to see the new Macabre live so fucking badly hgngngngn

from "Listen-Live 4 Life-"

MC:What does SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH mean?

Kaoru:I don't know. Please ask Kyo.

That's actually not that uncommon, although it's funny. If I think of Rammstein no one in the band except Till had a full grasp about the lyrics most of the time when they were asked.

funny enough, this video only left one question: what's with the Unraveling video?

Considering the content shown in that teaser, it's sort of "Saku meets Dogville" = child abuse/something related? = totally not appropriate for proper web streaming.

/justspeculating

... Someone in the YT comments pointed out that part of the song was cut out from the PV version. Is this going to be a new Dir trend as well?

i was searching like 15 minutes what did they cut. i kinda like it more now.

i am pretty sure i like the pv version more. i don't know if it is because of the video of them together with sound or i just like the plain music more

... Someone in the YT comments pointed out that part of the song was cut out from the PV version. Is this going to be a new Dir trend as well?

yeah, they'd never put a full music video on TV. they need to reserve it to AVERAGE LATIN

By the way after the new album we'll probably get the long awaited PV dvd since the last one was MOAB+Uroboros and was launched after Uroboros, so maybe a new one would be DSS+New album

so they're essentially on a late 12012 promotion budget with this single and, like, one video away from the typical white room VK PV fare

White Room from Nightmare? Yeah makes sense haha. And that' why they didn't show the Unraveling PV since that's going to be the only new highlight on..what is it? AVERAGE LATIN :D No one really needs those PV DVDs anymore these days. I couldn't imagine buying a highly overprized DVD just to watch a few PVs I watched tons of time already.

well they had a dvd-only red soil pv and something else for that previous pv collection. I'm not sure if they'll bother this time, though.

oh, and I don't mean strictly nightmare's video when I talk about white room, there're approx 250 vk videos, filmed on a plain white bg.

Now it's DEG's turn to promote themselves - in terms of PV tho, I really hope that this is their only "cheap" effort for future/possible PV collection (AVERAGE LATIN, lmao)

ps. Red Soil pv is hands down their worst pv ever.

Now it's DEG's turn to promote themselves - in terms of PV tho, I really hope that this is their only "cheap" effort for future/possible PV collection (AVERAGE LATIN, lmao)

yeah red soil sucks

but this one is already a big step up from hageshisa and different sense, those 2 were based on cheap ass camera angles and shitty green screen

@nekkichi shit will land on yt eventually anyway, or somewhere else. I'd rather stick with the CD releases.

EDIT the only MV DVD I ever bought was from rammstein and that's worth it bc you actually get to see something... not to compare with this cheapass sustain the untruth video.

still torn between that one and zan remake. inb4 AVERAGE LATIN featuring 3 multi-angle karma PV remake versions.

@ Wonrei

idk, I liked different sense. it was very similar to their kisou era PVs, I just wish the animu parts never made it in.

Sign in to follow this