Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY new single "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH" release

Come on, we've had enough DVDs for now. This is really not worth it. I'll stick with the single, the rest will be uploaded on yt anyway..and probably even with subs, bc the Deg management notoriously doesn't give a damn about that.

If Ruten no tou (acoustic version) is anything like what they usually do, it will be a composition performed by someone else with Kyo's vocals from the original track layered over it. If that's the case I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

If Ruten no tou (acoustic version) is anything like what they usually do, it will be a composition performed by someone else with Kyo's vocals from the original track layered over it. If that's the case I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

they already did that on the dum spiro spero limited edition. with takumi's piano and his singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fsP3LWn-10

So I hope this one is a new version

My big guess would be that they are gonna do it in Undecided -remake-like way (does anyone even remember that remake? Uh, it's like one of their greatest tbqh)

@nekkichi I think there will be a "pause" for now on rerecordings, after unraveling. Don't think it will stop though.

I'd rather imagine the ruten no tou acoustic to be as crazy as the unraveling unplugged. It would somehow just fit with the song.

I am so FUCKING excited. The Unraveling was a great EP and all, but I'm looking forward to some new stuff. I wonder if they'll play it at the show I'm going to in a few weeks... That would be amazing.

I hope the new album after this ^^

The tracklist of the live dvd is nice, I pre-order the regular type for keep money and buy a limited version of the 2014's album ^^

I hope the title song will be as the same level as Unraveling ^^.

I'll never understand why everyone shits themselves over Macabre. I'm more interested in the fact they played Jealous.

It's nice when a setlist changes. Obscure stopped being fun live a very long time ago.

^ I guess that's because MACABRE is one hell of a monster song. it's damn long, damn hard and damn good. at least this is why I do shit myself over it.

and ShanethVarosa, from what I've learned over the passed years, they don't tend to play new singles before somewhere around release date. my guess is they will play it at the end of the year if there are any domestic shows in December. or January.

I can't see ANY reason why would they do a piano version of Ruten no Tou again - okay, UNPLUGGED versions are truly sloppy (except for say, RED SOIL?). but they don't have to "improve" the certain version that way.

Unless of course, it's gonna be something along the lines of Rinkaku -unplugged- a la strings version / speculations keep increasing

^ I guess that's because MACABRE is one hell of a monster song. it's damn long, damn hard and damn good. at least this is why I do shit myself over it.

and ShanethVarosa, from what I've learned over the passed years, they don't tend to play new singles before somewhere around release date. my guess is they will play it at the end of the year if there are any domestic shows in December. or January.

Oh damn.... Oh well the show will still be amazing!!

I'm hoping that the acoustic version of Ruten turns out to be the band playing with acoustic guitars much like the rerecorded version of undecided along with a nice haunting piano piece to go with it. The plain piano and kyo's vocal remixes have always been designated as an unplugged version, so I doubt they are going with that route in the first place.

Capitalization of title has been changed from "Sustain the UNtruth" to "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH".

Also, since Dec 6, artwork covers for all three types has been published.

完全受注生産限定盤 CD+DVD
news_large_DIR_EN_GREY_JK_limited01.jpg

初回生産限定盤 CD+DVD
news_large_DIR_EN_GREY_JK_limited02.jpg

通常盤 CD-only
news_large_DIR_EN_GREY_JK_normal.jpg

Well, at least they changed the capitalization. I'm glad. And those covers.... Now I just don't have the slightly idea of what this shit is going to sound like

i saw these today in the morning 

and ive got to say that it freaked me out .

its way too hideous , even for dir en grey (funny, now i prefer all gory bloody shit all over me)

but nonetheless, looking forward for the new tracks

ps : tho, the face reminded me mudvayne bassist ryan from early ld50's hah . 

pps : and the more i look at it , i get this weird feeling that i cannot rule out the possibility of

that the face actually might be kyo with extreme makeups . but im sure its all in my head . trippy .

People who start instantly hating on new artwork off STU while instantly liking DIFFERENT SENSE artwork (seriously? Naked man's rear? Very different indeed)...pfffft.

Other than that: translated part of natalie.mu info> (thanks kyotakumrau@tumblr):

In order to present the world of new work which title has the meaning of “to continue the lie/ sustain the untruth”, this artwork used a special make up. The artwork features close up of a models face, which has horns and make-up bringing to mind an ape-man. Design was produced by Yusuke Yoshinaga, who also worked with THE BAWDIES, Crazy Ken Band, BENI and so on. Furthermore, with the completion of the jacket, the title had changed from “Sustain the UNtruth” to “SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH”.

Inb4 twist: Kyo being the actual "model" and sporting that look in a new PV, lel. (must be a very good Kyo lookalike tbqh)

Wow I can't with any of this

Why does apeman need a beard? Why is he a devil and a primate? Why the buzzcut instead of just going bald? Why does it look like a bad RESIDENT EVIL movie poster? Even though the original capitalization was kind of tacky, I liked that it was something different for them―why switch back to boring uppercase now?

Tsk

I for some reason get a 'Meshuggah' feel from this coverart

People who start instantly hating on new artwork off STU while instantly liking DIFFERENT SENSE artwork (seriously? Naked man's rear? Very different indeed)...pfffft.

To be fair, Different Sense had more going for it even in the basic layout and design of the single. This? This is just weird.

Sign in to follow this