CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

Considering the fact that it's almost an unpopular opinion to like Dir en grey ovr sth else nowadays... this comes a little late ;)

I'll probably get kicked at for this, but...

I really dislike LIPHLICH. I just can't get a grasp of their music, it doesn't stick, it doesn't grow any sort of remembrance with which I can recognize the music. Also, I think a lot of people just like this band for Wataru — I actually find his look to be perverse most of the time and quite repelling.

I'll probably get kicked at for this, but...

I really dislike LIPHLICH. I just can't get a grasp of their music, it doesn't stick, it doesn't grow any sort of remembrance with which I can recognize the music. Also, I think a lot of people just like this band for Wataru — I actually find his look to be perverse most of the time and quite repelling.

I don't like LIPHLICH either :D And I always misspell their name too... I have tried a few of their singles but I'm just unable to like them. 

Perhaps not much of a musical opinion, but I do think it belongs here in some form or manner.

The attitude of some visual kei fans annoys me so much. The fact that people are getting harrassed because they decide to share a PV on the internet (and said people actually plan to report the video for copyright breach) because it's a rare item baffles me. I feel like the "I do it to respect the band"-excuse is usually just another wording for "this thing is rare and for having it my e-penis enlarges and anyone who decides to share it with others must be stopped or my status will decrease". Not to mention that people like this usually flaunt their purchases around in other people's faces, then get upset when someone else does decide to share it. Lmfao grow up.

Perhaps not much of a musical opinion, but I do think it belongs here in some form or manner.

The attitude of some visual kei fans annoys me so much. The fact that people are getting harrassed because they decide to share a PV on the internet (and said people actually plan to report the video for copyright breach) because it's a rare item baffles me. I feel like the "I do it to respect the band"-excuse is usually just another wording for "this thing is rare and for having it my e-penis enlarges and anyone who decides to share it with others must be stopped or my status will decrease". Not to mention that people like this usually flaunt their purchases around in other people's faces, then get upset when someone else does decide to share it. Lmfao grow up.

I don't even believe that's an unpopular opinion - at least here in MH :D

But I'd like to add something about VK fans that annoys me too. I get it that you might not want to share your rarez, whether you upload a release is totally up to you and there's no reason for me to complain about it. But it you keep posting everywhere about that release... That is annoying as fuck. So you want to keep something only to yourself? What if you just shut the fuck up about that said release then? If I were to some day buy something so rarez that I wouldn't want to share it for some reason, I wouldn't go boasting about it in every single thread. It's not going to boost your e-penis, it's only annoying other people.

But I'd like to add something about VK fans that annoys me too. I get it that you might not want to share your rarez, whether you upload a release is totally up to you and there's no reason for me to complain about it. But it you keep posting everywhere about that release... That is annoying as fuck. So you want to keep something only to yourself? What if you just shut the fuck up about that said release then? If I were to some day buy something so rarez that I wouldn't want to share it for some reason, I wouldn't go boasting about it in every single thread. It's not going to boost your e-penis, it's only annoying other people.

thats probably the main problem and the one thing people should get. like you said its totally ok to decide to keep something for yourself, but then you shouldnt go around and talk about said releases. thats just low. i guess its fine to post in threads like "what did you buy" (i do that too), but going around like "oh bought that release and its awesome!!!!" is just low.

People bragging about basically anything is annoying. In a community like this, people only care about what you're sharing. If you're not sharing it then talk about it in your journal or your facebook or whatever.

Not to mention that people like this usually flaunt their purchases around in other people's faces, then get upset when someone else does decide to share it. Lmfao grow up.

yes this! "it's too good to be shared." my friend asked for a rar to be uploaded on youtube, and got " I wont break the law for you."

people talking about copyright...okay...IT'S A DAMN VIDEO calm your fucking tits. and i hate when people show off on tumblr

JUST STOP if your not gonna share then don't fucking make gifs of it (for example: live dvds or offshots videos of bands) shit  is annoying.. i mean at first i didn't care but then it kept happening over and over and then i just got annoyed...

don't make me kick your face in <.<

Personally I am more bothered by people plainly ignoring you if you politely ask if they could upload a certain release. Happens to me too often.

I do this.

Obviously, I'd answer if I intended on sharing, but it's easier to ignore the request than deal with the percentage of people who turn around and get rude with you if you decline. I've had too many people who think because they see something in my last.fm library that I am obligated to share it. 

I do this.

Obviously, I'd answer if I intended on sharing, but it's easier to ignore the request than deal with the percentage of people who turn around and get rude with you if you decline. I've had too many people who think because they see something in my last.fm library that I am obligated to share it. 

Isn't it just as rude to ignore someone completely? Giving a simple explanation on how you don't want to share it, and then proceeding to back off, that's fine. If people grow aggressive and such then is the time to ignore them, but not before that. 

Isn't it just as rude to ignore someone completely? Giving a simple explanation on how you don't want to share it, and then proceeding to back off, that's fine. If people grow aggressive and such then is the time to ignore them, but not before that. 

I don't view it as rude at all. They don't know me personally. They aren't my friend. Why am I obligated to waste my time with them? They are asking for free music on the internet. I would consider rude if they were a stranger on the street who needed actual help with something. Then ignoring them would be rude. 

Ignoring any person for whatever reason is rude. I don't understand when this policy became acceptable in society.

hmm i'm with you on this. i don't think i'll ignore anyone who asks anything from me, as long as they are polite about it. of course that doesn't mean that i'll always accede to their request though.

in my case, i've asked someone nicely for re-up before and didn't even receive a reply. i would like to think that said person didn't see or forgot to reply, but still, i didn't think it was very nice of him/her.

Plus, in general you don't know someone's reason for ignoring people asking for music. I know a friend of mine who ignores requests too, mainly because every time he used to answer them he got terrible insults coming his way. Can you really blame him for not responding to requests anymore because of that?

I can understand in such cases that people would not want to reply to requests anymore. Rude requests just as well. I'd personally never ignore someone who asks kindly for something. I do have to say that I think that completely ignoring someone is kind of rude. Of course you don't owe them any of your time, but a short message of a few words saying "sorry, my last.fm is not a freepass for sharing" would suffice more than enough.

in my case, i've asked someone nicely for re-up before and didn't even receive a reply. i would like to think that said person didn't see or forgot to reply, but still, i didn't think it was very nice of him/her.

ia with you. I've experienced something quite similar: a person said 'I have this cd, DM me' (I did it very nicely and almost embarrassed), waited 2 weeks (but it's ok tho, I understand that you can have others obligations) and then when I re-ask nicely and -still- embarrassed, said 'I won't rip my cd' hum dafuq ?!?

It's not very nice to not reply or giving hope. Just say something ffs.

I don't view it as rude at all. They don't know me personally. They aren't my friend. Why am I obligated to waste my time with them? They are asking for free music on the internet. I would consider rude if they were a stranger on the street who needed actual help with something. Then ignoring them would be rude. 

Im with you on this.

I would probably agree with others here if it would be the first request that was ever send to me for example. I alwasy repleid to requests in the beginning with stuff like "im sorry but i wont share with you" etc. and back then i think i would have said too that its kinde rude to not reply, but you cant help to be influenced by your past experiences.

I dont reply to 99% of requests anymore and thats because like ender-ender or also sai said: i mostly got very rude answers when i declined a request, so i just cant be bothered anymore.

always writing in this thread, but i dont have anything to add to it lol. i hate multiple type releases, but thats pretty much a popular opinion lol.

@eiheartx wow. thats really low.

This might be rather off-topic, but ostracism is more damaging than any other type of bullying. Whether this occurs in school, family-life, your workplace, on the internet. Personally I have experienced ostracism first-hand since I entered high-school which is almost ten years ago, and I haven't been able to rid myself of the phenomenon yet and still experience being ignored on a daily basis. I have suffered from depression for several years now and ostracism has been the main culprit. Doing something as small as ignoring someone's request of whether or not you would want to upload a release can increase this damage even more because it might be someone's final droplet that floods their bucket. You might not realize it as the offender in this case, but behind that request can stand a person who has been victim of ostracism all his or her life. To me it is painful, yes, whenever I politely ask for something and I simply don't receive an answer because someone out there finds themselves too important to reply to someone who is not their friend. You might be missing out on an opportunity. Someone who seeks for this release obviously has already one similar interest as you do: music, and most particularly that one band you have a release of. Who says you cannot be friends?

The damage is not dealt when you say, 'sorry, I'd rather not share this music with you (for whatever reason you have)', but it's dealt when you straight-on dismiss someone's voice. While most of society believes that bullying is more damaging, it truly is not. But being excluded, isolated, and feeling invisible to other people leads more often to depression, self-harm and suicidal tendencies than any other form of bullying. There is a high effort underway of bullying-plans on the educational-and workfloors but people have yet to recognize exclusion of others, especially done so by mutuals and peers. 

This might not open up people's eyes and most will simply continue on with their means of dealing with people who seem annoying by asking of a simple request, but at least it is out there to make people realize it. And I strongly believe that if this truth isn't realized, then there is absolutely something wrong with this side of society.

This might be rather off-topic, but ostracism is more damaging than any other type of bullying. 

Whoa. That's taking this whole thing to an extreme level. This is talking about people who you don't know requesting music from you that you aren't obligated to share in the first place. This is not ignoring that kid in school who needs friends. This is the internet, and people need to back off of it half the time. Seek help, don't blame people on the internet for ignoring you if you're to some kind of mental breaking point. How is that some stranger on the internet's responsibility???? No one is attacking you.

And just because you think you're asking politely... the whole act of asking without knowing a person is just as rude in my book. Seriously, if that same person wrote me in the beginning like "Oh hey, I noticed we like the same band, can I add you?" And then we exchanged a few messages. Guess what? I'd be like 90% more inclined to fulfill their request. But these people are coming up as entitled strangers with "Upload this album for me, please?". That is barely polite in my book. Barely. I'm sorry but I don't owe them anything. Not even a reply. They don't care about me, I'm not wasting my time. Like I already mentioned, I do this because too many people have been rude to me and bullying me for turning them down but you don't seem to understand that. I have a similar history as stylelover. I used to reply to everyone but I got too many nasty comments when I didn't want to share. Even some who harassed me for months and found me on other media sites. It was really awful. So I stopped sharing anywhere outside of these kind of places. Equating ignoring upload requests on the internet to bullying is such a load of crap, because it's not even close. You're asking people to be kind out of respect to you're unknown past but you're not giving anyone else the same treatment. 

I  upload on places like MH and jps because when I do feel like uploading something; I will make it easy to find. I am not your personal music vending machine. If I don't share something I probably have my reasons and It'd be nice if people respected that. 

I've got little left to say about this other than that this way of thinking is just sad. Also, telling another person to 'go outside' is the one of the most childish responses to emotional damage I have ever heard, and I keep hearing it from a lot of people. 

If I came off as catty, I do apologize but I do think that arguement lacked a lot of perspective on your part. Your whole arguement is extremely one sided and youre not trying to understand anyone else's stance at all. So agree to disagree here.

OKAY THIS ESCALATED QUICKLY. I'm not going to say anything about the topic of requests and so on as I already posted about that. I'm going to say this from my position as a moderator, though I will not be using the color as I do not see it very necessary for this situation.

This is probably going to sound harsh and I really don't like saying it, but for the sake of decent discussion I'm going to have to say it anyway: there is no need to use your depression as a crutch. What you're basically doing by using your mental illness as a crutch is giving the impression that you feel like you need it to be treated fairly by other people. You don't. The fact that you're a human being is reason enough to be treated as anyone else on this forum, no more, no less.

Mental illness is incredibly hard and draining, but please refrain from using it as an argument in discussions where it is not relevant as it tends to derail discussion. I'm sorry if this sounds catty or judgemental (which I'm really trying not to be), but I'm only saying it because it isn't going to speed up your recovery.

This is the Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions thread, not the Bitch At One Another Until You Change Opinions thread. If you don't like someone else's opinion, deal with it. It's theirs to have and theirs to post - and the entire point of the thread in the first place.

And this is to everyone in general. Stop arguing with one another over subjective positions.