Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Preferred approach for handling the zombie apocalypse?

What about underground places to live?

like an underground fort. If equipped correctly and no mistakes it can hold out better?

Well that's just assuming you know where one is / can get to it in time / has lots of food :D There's nothing like that around me so I had to make do with my tower of doom strategy.

I'm assuming the government would be next to useless in a situation like this? Hell, if the infection originates in the U.S. and progresses beyond the point of no return, the UN might just decide to sacrifice the entire country for the sake of the human race. In other words, they'd nuke our asses XD

I was also thinking about my plan being ruined because someone would just decide to nuke us Raccoon City style, but then I thought of a few things:

1) They probably might not nuke us depending on the origin of the disease. If it's some mysterious space ray that re-animates the dead, it'll be a worldwide thing overnight. Nowhere would be safe then.

2) If it's a disease, it'd be a really bad disease if it turned the host immediately. That means that Patient Zero has enough time to get around and spread the disease before he turns. It could mean that the disease goes global before we even detect it. If it does, then they might not nuke us because then they have 3 other countries to nuke XD

(Hey, it's a thought...)

3) If it's a Resident Evil style / 28 Days Later style biological virus, that means it may not spread too quickly and that it also would be curable. I know that took place in Europe so they were able to quarantine off that island from everywhere else and let it die off. I know if it happened in New York they'd just bomb the bridges/tunnels and put a full stop right at the border of the Bronx and sacrifice Long Island to save the other 49.5 states. That'd screw me over hardcore though.

4) If it's like World War Z, then the disease is incurable and the best course of action IS to bomb us, although the zombies would be slow as hell and therefore firearm/firebrand combat using my guide will probably do us a good chunk of damage as long as no one panics or fucks up .___.

5) If it's like I am Legend, carpetbombing all of the buildings in a given city will reduce the infected to infrastructure like tunnels and whatnot. That'd still screw me over though but at least I won't die from radiation ^___^

So half the time I've deduced that they just might nuke the shit out of us XD

omg Zess I love you for this!

I'm a hardcore fan/lover of everything related to zombies.

on topic: suicide won't be an option for me. my backpack with provisions and medical kits. some pretty badass irons from my courtyard. making my way through the center of my city. find the armery. 2 revolvers, 1 shotgun, their respective bullets. and survive killing these fuckers. now trying to contact my MH fellows.

really, if the world comes to an end... the Zombie Apocalypse, please!

Zess, what if the virus styled Zombies are the results of conspiracy between many countries?

It's pretty much doom every where we go D:

And only chosen ones that will get into safety, the military made domes. D:

I'd probably end up infected because I have to travel pretty far to get my daughter. I don't care, I ain't leaving her!

The fabulous part is that my boyfriend would probably let me eat him, so there would be 2 zombies for the price of 1! (My best friend knows to do me in and then to do my boyfriend in, regardless if he's infected or not, for being a freaking idiot.)

this topic epic or what?

so, pretty much zess's opening is spot on, i might just add some things.

as for protection wear think motorcycle-clothing, it pretty much covers the whole body, you get decent helmets, its agile and not too heavy,

it's built to protect you when you're 100mph fast sliding over tarmac,

i doubt a zombie without tools will get through that at first unless the zombiefication includes dramatical changes to the teeth.

i mean, it looks like ironman already, doesn't it?

while you're looting at the moto-shop you could try to get a motorcycle aswell, it's the best thing to move around for quick interventions

(obvious silent is always better, but if the job has to be done fast you need to outrun them).

you can't hit the zombie like with a car, but as we all know from the movies,

the streets are always full of obstacles so in the end you need something small that fits through everywhere

(so not race-bike, but moto-cross or similar should do the trick)

try to get the noise down as much as possible, but don't get your hopes up, it'll be still loud as fuck

won't help much to have run over 15 zombies with your spike and pitchfork equipped musclecar, when you're stuck behind a crashed schoolbus/firetruck after 50 meters.

so, the main problem i find with zess's plan is that it only covers the beginning, it's nothing that'll last too long,

because obviously you'll run out of food-clothes-air-newmusic etc. sometime and a small team has to gather new supplies, which may work for sometime,

but without doubt at some point teammembers will be noticed (worst case, bitten) when on looting-tour

and in no time at all you'll have the zombie-hordes around your safe-place like flies. that's pretty much when everything ends

(unless you have placed treadmills around the entire building and a small reactor in the basement to power them all 24/7, then you can last forever, no zombie will ever pass that :P)

after all one needs to think long-term solutions.

one thing already noticed was a boat, a pretty good suggestion for all i can think of.

i assume zombies are too dumb to swim, but even if they are it's just swimming (f*ckyoujesus, nothing walks here!),

so you just have to be far enough out on the ocean and there's no way you could ever be surprised by hordes of zombies,

because before that the ocean-streams and winds will have spread them all over the place,

you just have to put up some safety-nets-whatever for single accidently flushed over zombies.

another pretty good point for the boat is the possibility to get food from the ocean (fishing duh) and if you have the equipment to create drinking water from ocean-water,

so up-suppliing is downsized quite a lot.

obvious bonus points are if you can get your hands on a decent-sized sailing ship with a petrol-engine for emergencies (not having to re-supply petrol is, as zess mentioned, crucial)

now the jackpot is, when you manage to make it to one of those

usually they are not too far from the coast, so they are pretty accessible with a small boat,

they are fully equipped with generators for electricity, some have even their own wind-/watermills for electricity,

most of them also have tons of communication-equippment, which might come in handy at times ("someone listeing? we found the cure!!! it's unicorn-testicles!!!)

they are pretty easy to make inaccessible from the water

they have bathrooms!

they have all the benefits of the boat without beeing f*cked by the weather and the sea. (storm? big f***ing deal, imma play pokemon...)

the only remaining risks are still re-suppliing-trips to the land, you would need to have a detailed map of the coast and the closest city/town and plan long beforehand,

you'll need to overtime create a sorta-safe landing-zone on the coast with a reasonable amount of vehicles and weapons

(DO NOT TAKE FIREWEAPONS ON THE PLATFORM!! humans kill each other).

but depending on the size of the transfer-boat those trips could be limited to a minimum, perhaps once a month or so.

obviously you'd still have to watch groupsize here, i think best chances are if you're alone actually, but 3 might be manageable too, more gets difficult...

EDIT: this alltogether is pretty much what my flatmates and me narowed it down to on the kitchen table lately.

but it still has too many unknowns, for example the platform thing is pretty much busted, if birds transmit too.

that would mean back to the boat and faaar into the ocean, but then perhaps zombiebirds don't need rest, so they can fly wherever the heck they want.

birds are srs bsns, they pretty much crap all over most of the plans (quite literally).

need a zombie-research-lab first ^^

so, the main problem i find with zess's plan is that it only covers the beginning, it's nothing that'll last too long,

because obviously you'll run out of food-clothes-air-newmusic etc. sometime and a small team has to gather new supplies, which may work for sometime,

Yep. There was more but I figured that it was long enough already and that no one would want to read more ^__^

Also thought of an improvement to my plan - barricade the stairs, cut the elevator and use the ladders within the elevator chute to move between floors. Zombies can't climb ladders. This makes your building almost 10x more secure if you're on a higher floor (that's assuming they ever break in though but shit happens and when it does you want to be able to get them in one place and burn them out).

The main problem with all zombie apocalypse plans would be food .____.

3831133689_cdf333d667.jpg

Get me this vest (because POLICE is so cliche), arm myself, trust my driving skills and see what comes then.

if there is shortage with food, and so urgent,

i would not mind to eat anyone in my reach.

I know i will be hunted down by both side in the end,

zombies and hungry people. Kill or be killed :twisted:

0LIoJ.png

if there is shortage with food, and so urgent,

i would not mind to eat anyone in my reach.

I know i will be hunted down by both side in the end,

zombies and hungry people. Kill or be killed :twisted:

0LIoJ.png

silence-of-the-lambs-hannibal-lecter.jpg

Tell me more...

I think being informed is crucial. This is how you might find out in advance if the place you're in will get bombed. Or the places where there are tons of zombies roaming around and where there's not so much.

Also I think its wise to have someone in your group who know's how to fly an airplane or helicopter. That way if you ever do need a quick getaway from hordes of zombies or a nuke you can make your escape. Of course there's the problem of acquiring an airplane or helicopter. Though the helicopter is the most advantageous of the two thanks to its vertical takeoff's and landings.

Some sort of remote island would seem like the safest place to survive long term and wait out the zombies till they die, there's a cure or live out the rest of your life in. This is where knowledge on growing crops, fruits and filtering water becomes valuable. Even if your in a city you might be able to do this with enough pots or turn the roof of a house or apartment into a garden. And if the island ever did become overrun with the infected you could always escape on your boat (or helicopter). Of course the problem then is finding a new safe house.

The best place to hide would probably be some sort of underground bunker or base. Not only would it be zombie proof it would be nuke proof as well. Don't think your average person has access to one of these though.

In the worst case I'd just destroy the stairs on the 1st floor of the safe house I was in and use ropes and ladders to climb up and down from the 2nd floor. If the zombies did break in at least the house wouldn't be overun by them. I'd also sleep in the attic with pull down stairs because I don't want to get eaten while I sleep.

If all else fails and I'm about to be eaten, then I'd guess I'd blow myself up and take as many zombies as I could with me. I'm not the type to go down without a fight. :kill:

Cry & die. If I actually had the energy and bother to try to survive, I'd take out my best kitchen fork and equip that.

Nah, cerially... I've always wanted to hit someone with a TV so, in the heat of the moment, I'd probably make that choice tbh.

I'd probably lock myself up somewhere and starve to death before I have to even deal with a zombie

Second option is to gather as many tvs as possible and stick with beni. Fork slayers. \m/

I already have guns and some food and water stockpiles (my family runs a food pantry with the local church). I'm grabbing the family (luckily there's less than 10 of us total) and my dog, stealing a boat and riding down the coast until I find some nice island, that's hopefully much less populated or even zombie free, and start a fisherman's life. 

I already have guns and some food and water stockpiles (my family runs a food pantry with the local church). I'm grabbing the family (luckily there's less than 10 of us total) and my dog, stealing a boat and riding down the coast until I find some nice island, that's hopefully much less populated or even zombie free, and start a fisherman's life. 

.... That's actually.... really smart. 

Sign in to follow this