Sign in to follow this  
-vechna misla-

Any good new bands on the visual kei scene?

So I used to be into visual kei, but haven't payed attention to it for over a year, and was wondering if there are actually any new good bands that have come around, or if it's just a bunch of crap heading into irrelevance that the scene has been trending towards since the early 00s. >.>

it's just a bunch of crap heading into irrelevance that the scene has been trending towards since the early 00s. >.>

though all credit to Kisaki for accelerating that decline

amber gris

dolly

moran

9goats black out

irokui

aicle

nightingeil

vior gloire

misaruka

swallowtail

dog in the pwo

konig

secilia luna (sometimes)

dear l'novel

imho

i could go on and on

I'm in the same boat, any specific releases to check out from the past year?

fyRZ3e5vV1o

AvIYNo81S68

Ciu0XRO54iI

b63C2zVRj30

uCMlpZCFV-s

So I used to be into visual kei, but haven't payed attention to it for over a year, and was wondering if there are actually any new good bands that have come around, or if it's just a bunch of crap heading into irrelevance that the scene has been trending towards since the early 00s. >.>

pretty much nothing big happened for the last year or two, it's all the same ex-members of the same ex-bands, declining in originality with each year

Um, no. The scene is just a big joke now. You'll have bands with awesome-to-decent debut releases and go down the toilet only a year later. Especially more so since most of the last remaining "good" bands have disbanded or have abandoned VK altogether. You have some old favorites returning though (like LS, Kuroyume, D'erlanger, X Japan etc.) but their new creative output is subpar to their classic stuff. I hardly bother with it.

Other than the ones Jigsaw9 mentioned, I'd only include A and, if considering slightly older bands, Moran.

I'm not sure if you will get anything out of this discussion. As you can already see from the small sample of replies so far, the answers will basically range from "no" to pretty much every single vk band formed in the last few years that gained some popularity.

I will not close this thread yet, but I don't think it will be of much use for those actually looking for recommendations. You should rather post requests for recommendations in the recommendations thread, where they belong in the first place, and be more specific about your request, for example what kind of music you prefer and what bands you already like. Only then will people be able to give you recommendations that may actually be useful to you.

Even though I totally agree with what Champ said, I'm going to give you a few.

Short answer: No.

it's just a bunch of crap heading into irrelevance that the scene has been trending towards since the early 00s. >.>
pretty much nothing big happened for the last year or two, it's all the same ex-members of the same ex-bands, declining in originality with each year
Um, no. The scene is just a big joke now. You'll have bands with awesome-to-decent debut releases and go down the toilet only a year later. Especially more so since most of the last remaining "good" bands have disbanded or have abandoned VK altogether.

Now, a list of bands that I think would be worth your time to check out:

A

amber gris

9GOATS BLACK OUT

cocklobin (first mini only if you don't already have it)

DELUHI (try their first mini and 3 first singles if you haven't, even though this is a bit older)

DROSERA OBLAAT - new band of ex. Aliene, Deflina, Chaos System Kyouka. Keep an eye on them although their first single hasn't hit the internet yet.

lynch. - they've left VK for the most part but their latest album was great so pick it up anyway.

Moran

That's...about it.

Pretty much what Cibicco said, except that I've lost all my hope in Luna Sea (I can't take them seriously anymore after pulling "X Japans" with re-rec album + tacky charity single) and X Japan (should be quite obvious right now *glares at Yoshiki*)

Also, seconding Zess' comment, sans A (symphonic vk music, ew) and Moran (Fatima is better imo)

f it's just a bunch of crap heading into irrelevance that the scene has been trending towards since the early 00s.

This statement seems really popular here. I really don't know why. It's true that every six months we get a like a dozen new bands that won't get to do anything remarcable, but there have been and are bands formerd in the 00s that made and still make notable music.

Regarding the past year, and since making a good recomendation takes knowing the receptor's taste and I know nothing about the op I will mention the ones that I think anyone should try out: amber gris, XA-VAT and Cuckoo.

I would say spiv states too, the last mini has a couple really lame tracks on it tho.

Everyone seems to cream their pantaloons over Chemical Pictures.

And I agree with fat girl party, Secilia Luna CAN be really good. They just suffer from really terrible synths on some songs.

I also have a soft spot for RailTracer, as far as super indie bands with like 40 fans at shows.

Everyone seems to cream their pantaloons over Chemical Pictures.

ew no

and forgot the best vk band to appear in the past 10 years:

0uty6cpXwDc

logiq haters will die alone and unloved tbqh

What is one of A's releases called? Having trouble searching for just 'A' through the search.

I would say ZUCK is worth a try as well. Their first few releases are a bit standard VK, (good nonetheless) but on their newest mini they've been experimenting more than ViViD has since they started in 2009. Their newest mini is called Noise World btw. The style they are going towards is similar to Lolita23q around their Marble Shaking Ward era.

logiq haters will die alone and unloved tbqh

[2]

Ugh, a LOGiQ's revival with actual new releases would be amazing.

Sign in to follow this