Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

the GazettE new maxi single & album release

I was going to read everyone's posts about the samples, but there seems to be too many for right now, so I'm just going to say this:

The intro sounds fucking amazing.

Venomous Spider's Web sound fucking AMAZING.

Red was one of my favorite singles from this album.

Sludgy Cult sounds kind of basic, but Suicide Circus sounds awesome. Letting the full version go until the album comes out.

My Devil on the Bed sounds kind of lame from the preview, but I'm hoping the full version is really good.

Untitled (I hate when bands do this by the way, specifically called songs untitled), but a nice slow song with a lot of synth: I'm gonna love this one!

Pledge my least favorite single that made it to the album, but maybe I just need to give it more of a chance. The preview sounds pretty.

Ruthless Deed: Didn't want to have to say this, but it DOES sounds very Dir en grey reminiscent, but it does have it's own Je Ne Sais Quois about it that makes me very excited to hear what the full version sounds like.

Psychopath: Sounds like it's going to have a lot of energy and will be fun to blow off steam to, but not very adventurous or anything.

Vortex: Favorite single was my favorite single.

Tomorrow Never Dies: Sounds epic, I'm excited for the full version of this.

Omega: I'm wondering if this is going to be just an outro or an actual song. Either way it sounds pretty cool.

I really like the direction they went in for this album a lot more than I thought I would. This almost trance-rock vibe I'm getting is fucking spectacular.

Seeing as the singles were quite generic, I expected this to be...well generic to the max. Seeing the electronics mixed in and some songs that sound different, I think they went with a sort of STACKED RUBBISH x electric sounds match for this album. I was afraid there would be no concept, but I think there will be. RUTHLESS DEED sounds like it could've been on DIM though.

RUTHLESS DEED sounds like it could've been on DIM though.

I thought the same and to be honest after listening to all of the samples it's the only one I'm really interested in hearing, which is funny since I wasn't a huge fan of Dim (save Nakigahara and 13stairs...though it was a huge step up from SR). But Gazette generally are VERY hit or miss for me anyway so I'm not really surprised.

First impression: The guitar work is basically all their last singles with their b-sides rolled into one, which pretty much equals bleh for me. Drumming is unsurprisingly just there to stroll along and Reita apparently missed the recording sessions ( But really unaudible bass isn't anything out of the ordinary ). Suicide Circus and Sludgy Cult sound like crappy versions of Red. Don't see the appeal of Ruthless Deed and Ruki is just... Ruki. He can sound really badass some times, but most of the time, nah.

Edit: Lol editing out a shitty analogy. Well in short, I like Shiver, Red and Pledge, but they are pop songs at heart and i can only listen to them a couple of times, before getting bored.

The Suicide Circus came out to be really cool. I agree with Jigsaw9 the chorus isn't that great but the rest of the song is killer.

EDIT:

at 1:03-1:18 listen to that part. http://youtu.be/z3TEE3vdP7o?t=1m2s

It reminds me of the end of Linkin Park's Papercut. Listen to "Papercut" at 2:05

http://youtu.be/HZ-hkcl429c?t=2m5s

But Papercut is my favorite song of Linkin Park. So its still nice to hear..

Let me just say, THE SUICIDE CIRCUS surprised me. It's really great and it blew me away. If this song is like that, and this isn't the heaviest or most intense song, I can't wait for the rest!!!

The Suicide Circus came out to be really cool. I agree with Jigsaw9 the chorus isn't that great but the rest of the song is killer.

EDIT:

at 1:03-1:18 listen to that part. http://youtu.be/z3TEE3vdP7o?t=1m2s

Thanks for the youtube. Didn't feel like downloading it. It's not bad at all. There are some really neat parts to it but yea the chorus is kinda meh and the song drags on a little much without adding anything interesting to warrant it (the song is top heavy everything interesting happens within 2:30 imo) but since after listening to the samples I wasn't expecting much I was pleasantly surprised (although It did seem to be the most promising of the samey electro-type samples so we'll see if the others do the same). As an aside, I'm slightly amused that around 38s it sounds like he says "you can work at burger king" ~

As an aside, I'm slightly amused that around 38s it sounds like he says "you can work at burger king" ~

Maybe that's the actual lyrics. :mrgreen:

Anyway, this song is really good (not as good as THE INVISIBLE WALL though).

I...must...not...check...this

I want to avoid spoilers :(

Same here. These 5 songs (with the singles) are more than 1/3 of the whole album, so I really don't want to hear anything else until the release date.

I expect this album just like their past single... GENERIC

Listen to the spoiler making the GENERIC pleasure more worse....

So rude, so negative

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

but back to the topic - no matter what people say about this, I am still waiting for my first ~spoiler-less~ pre-order.

So rude, so negative

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

but back to the topic - no matter what people say about this, I am still waiting for my first ~spoiler-less~ pre-order.

I really don't understand the love/hate relationship with The GazettE with some people. I mean they are a great band, with some wonderful songs. Iv ordered this album, and Remember the urge single just came in, So yea, I will always be a fan of these guys. They make wonderful music <3

I really don't understand the love/hate relationship with The GazettE with some people. I mean they are a great band, with some wonderful songs. Iv ordered this album, and Remember the urge single just came in, So yea, I will always be a fan of these guys. They make wonderful music <3

"with some wonderful songs"

You actually said it right there. ;)

Not all of their songs are wonderful. Last single was pretty damn awful. It was like they weren't even trying anymore. Now some samples of the new album actually sound pretty decent again. That's where the love/hate relationship comes from.

Angelo´s preview was like 1000x better.

Still, the GazettE´s preview isn´t that horrible.. but I hope the full songs will be better than this.

"with some wonderful songs"

You actually said it right there. ;)

Not all of their songs are wonderful. Last single was pretty damn awful. It was like they weren't even trying anymore. Now some samples of the new album actually sound pretty decent again. That's where the love/hate relationship comes from.

Ah i see, I guess im just a sucker for Uruha then Lmao : P :wub:

Sign in to follow this