Champ213

Any old school bands?

@ZML.: some suggestions for you, in the first category (basically "totally awesome mini album"?):

9GOATS BLACK OUT - devils in bedside (2008)

cali≠gari - Blue Film (2000)

deadman - SiteOfScaffold (2001)

deadman - 701125+2 (2005)

DELUHI - Surveillance (2008)

Gazette - Madara (2004)

lynch. - underneath the skin (2005)

MUNIMUNI - Magaru sekai (2007)

For your second category, try maybe some stuff from EAT YOU ALIVE (preferably starting with their earlier works).

also

the god and death stars - addle apple

@ZML.   Your first category:

Nightmare - Outlaw (2002)

The Piass - Dolei (2007)

Sendai Kamotsu - Okuru Kotoba (2004)

EL~ethnic legist - Indra (2009)

exist trace - Annuncitation ~the heretic elegy~ (2007)

Would love some recommendations for bands similar to these:

A Ghost of Flare

Before My Life Fails

Crystal Lake

Her Name In Blood

LOST

Sailing Before The Wind

Translations

Some good post-hardcore/metalcore. Breakdowns and all that jazz.

Would love some recommendations for bands similar to these:

A Ghost of Flare

Before My Life Fails

Crystal Lake

Her Name In Blood

LOST

Sailing Before The Wind

Translations

Some good post-hardcore/metalcore. Breakdowns and all that jazz.

Envy, Metal Safari, Crossfaith(tons of electronic sounds tho), the darkness of lucifer, edge of spirit. Those might be somewhat similiar

Envy, Metal Safari, Crossfaith(tons of electronic sounds tho), the darkness of lucifer, edge of spirit. Those might be somewhat similiar

Already have all the stuff from Crossfaith, The Darkness of Lucifer, and Edge of Spirit. Don't really like Metal Safari since they're most towards just regular metal, not what I'm looking for.

Haven't heard of Envy before, looked them up and YouTube and listened to "worn heels and the hands we hold", and that song is incredible. Listening to Recitation now.

You can also try Arise in Stability if you haven't heard them before

Arise In Stability is awesome. Can't wait for more material from them.

Here's a list of all the bands I have from Japan, if anyone has any recommendations similar to these that are not listed, please do tell. Most of this is either metalcore/hardcore, so check a band out if you haven't heard of them and are on this list.

NsD5shq.png

Arise In Stability is awesome. Can't wait for more material from them.

Here's a list of all the bands I have from Japan, if anyone has any recommendations similar to these that are not listed, please do tell. Most of this is either metalcore/hardcore, so check a band out if you haven't heard of them and are on this list.

NsD5shq.png

You can try MergingMoon, they are melodic death metal band, in the past they use male vocal but now they are with female vocal ( yes she can scream)

for deathcore, try Death I Am or nocturnal bloodlust (before they are changed to VK)

oh I forget to tell HONE YOUR SENSE, Hammerhead Shark, Shatter Silence, Myproof, Sailing before the wind, FEAR FROM THE HATE, NEW BREED, INFECTION, ROACH, Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas

You can try MergingMoon, they are melodic death metal band, in the past they use male vocal but now they are with female vocal ( yes she can scream)

for deathcore, try Death I Am or nocturnal bloodlust (before they are changed to VK)

oh I forget to tell HONE YOUR SENSE, Hammerhead Shark, Shatter Silence, Myproof, Sailing before the wind, FEAR FROM THE HATE, NEW BREED, INFECTION, ROACH, Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas

Oh man, thanks so much for the suggestions! Found some amazing bands in your lists. Already had a couple, but I can't any downloads for Hammerhead Shark's music and I can't find Infection's "The Armchair Theory" either :(

Thanks a ton.

Does anybody know any bands similar to . . .

ネオン (neon), Airish, and (some of) Blu-billion? Sort of an ambient visual kei consistent with light, perky vocals. The bands don't necessarily have to be vk, I'm just looking for something relaxing with those sort of aspects. 

Some heavy instrumental stuff please! with a emphasis on guitar work, lots of solos and interesting parts would be good

not looking for much more than that, I'd prefer faster stuff

I hear touhou hits some of those boxes so if anyone could point me in a direction to tart that would be great

^ I don't know that many Japanese instrumental bands, however if they don't have to be Japanese, I can recommend a bucket load of amazing stuff. I'm a guitar nerd so I actively listen for technical guitar artist's/bands. Here are some I enjoy.

Animals As Leaders

John 5

Pomegranate Tiger

Intervals

Guthrie Govan

Jeff Loomis

Those should get you started.

Well, as some of you may know I am going to tokyo for a year soon and I want some recommendation on bands to check out.

I already know major and famous bands that I want to see, however I do want to experience the small indie crowd in tiny livehouses. So can anyone recommend me some indie vk bands with a smaller audience?

Bands I am going to check out already: Ru:natic, MILKY EMILY, The Gallo & Cell.

Any recommendation are welcome, and it doesn't have to be "kotekote sound".

thanks

Well, as some of you may know I am going to tokyo for a year soon and I want some recommendation on bands to check out.

I already know major and famous bands that I want to see, however I do want to experience the small indie crowd in tiny livehouses. So can anyone recommend me some indie vk bands with a smaller audience?

Any recommendation are welcome, and it doesn't have to be "kotekote sound".

thanks

Well, two of the "why aren't they more popular?" bands I discovered while I was there were The Sherry and Neverland, so maybe give those bands a go? Beyond that, the best thing to do would just be to go to a random live and hope you made a good gamble XD

kinda weird to not see grieva in your list, oh well :v

i want to recommend you some great kinda koteish bands, maybe you already knew about them, but fuck it anyway

La'veil MizeriA

Lost Angel (ex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5pNcEZVhAQ'>Viscaria members new band)

no preview, but if they as good as Viscaria was, you definitely should see them live 

Mess

dl here: http://www.monochrome-heaven.com/topic/22078-mess-paradise-lost%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%89-20130222/

Crucifixion

no preview. just go to fucking live and tell me how they're sound like :>

Guest mitsubana

@ Uglymouth, it's cool~ I don't like Grieva either-haha-

I recommend ANSIA, Annabyss Coast, and 蒼-AO- for indie bands.

These are my personal faves~ Dunno know if you'll like them, but worth a try, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4DWY4eMc1I