JukaForever

The most you have spent on one artist/band

So what is the most you guys have spent on one artist or band?

For a single purchase, I think $150 CAD for an X JAPAN concert DVD

Overall, I think I spent over $500 just on Versailles. If I were to include Kamijo and Hizaki stuff I am closer to roughly $800

It's really hard to count.. I own most of Mejibrays releases (cds, dvds), and most of the magazines with them on the cover and chekis, live limited stuff and merch (oh and concert tickets).. So I would say A LOT? 

Going to try and make sense of this ;_;

These are probably the two bands I've spent most cash on

LUNA SEA

LUNA SEA 5$

IMAGE 5$

EDEN 5$

MOTHER 5$

STYLE 5$

SHINE 5$

LUNACY 5$

A Will 24$

Premium Box 68$
IN MY DREAM/SLAVE 3$
THE ONE -crash to create- 14$
The end of the dream/Rouge 14$

T-Shirt 30$

Concert Ticket (Germany) 50$~

Total: About 245 USD (And I'm obviously not counting plane ticket and hotel for the concert in this).

Kuroyuri to kage

皮肉な種の卑屈な芽。38$

「浴槽」14$

「月蝕」14$ 

「未遂」14$

「浴槽」 demo tape 14$
「浴槽」「月蝕」「未遂」15$
アケスケ羞恥録 24$

「うろんなチョコ冷凍。」24$

「臓器のノゾキ穴。」24$

「暗黒世界ハ闇」26$

黒百合と影の暗イ日曜日 65$

1 Hoodie 40$

1 T-shirt 30$

4 Concert Tickets ~135$

Total: About 477 USD

I was going to calculate my spendings on Grieva as well, but as I've attended 9 gigs....... I'd rather not because I really need to re-evaluate what I spend my money on.

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

I own 20 Sigh CDs/vinyls/tapes and one compilation with a Sigh track on it (which I bought because it had Sigh on it), and I would assume I've spent about $550-600 on these (plus way, way, way too much on shipping). And I guess I own Sigh merch (hoodies, t-shirts and patches) for about $200-250.

And I still have to add way too many different albums+releases beofre I complete my collection. Right now I have 4xGallows Gallery, 4xScorn Defeat, 2+Infidel Art, 2xImaginary Sonicscape, 2xHail Horror Hail, 2xGraveward, so I'm not even close to having a full discography with all their albums, and even further away from a full discography with all the different versions and so on. Expensive! :(

Next up would be Sabbat with its 14 releases. Think I've spent around $320-350 on these releases.

Haven't spent a lot on a single release, though. $50-65 for a 4xLP release must be the most, I would think. So not much at all.

Edited by Bear

I think the most money I've spent on a band is auncia / ANSIA / NIA to complete my discography of theirs. I still need to buy three more things to complete it >___< lol

When I was a fan of XAA-XAA I spent a lot of money on them for special shopping services etc. So they'd be a close second.

Edited by vanivani

One of the reasons I don't have the urge to follow older bands anymore is the large discography... and coupling with my collecting mentality is pretty bad for my wallet.

2 hours ago, Uglymouth said:

I was going to calculate my spendings on Grieva as well, but as I've attended 9 gigs....... I'd rather not because I really need to re-evaluate what I spend my money on.

How much are tickets like in Japan?

14 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

One of the reasons I don't have the urge to follow older bands anymore is the large discography... and coupling with my collecting mentality is pretty bad for my wallet.

How much are tickets like in Japan?

Depending on the band, anywhere from 1500-10,000 JPY. For bands like Nokubura, Arlequin, Diaura (fairly known acts in the scene) a ticket goes for about 3000-5000 JPY (28$ - 48$)

I spend the most money on UnsraW / DOAK stuff (also some other Yuuki related things) ...
I guess its about 5000-6000€ overall (including travelling to Tokyo to see some of their concerts) ... ?

Kamaitachi + post-Kamaitachi bands - $3,000; It might be more than that as the price of their merch has been going up lately.

Color - $1,000; I just shelled out $100 for a VHS I didn't have last week, if that puts anything into prospective.  Prices for the more rare releases/merch is going up again.  :|

BY-SEXUAL + bands that Ryo & Den were in post BS (test-no./Pt.) - $1,000

Early Free-Will bands in general - $1,000 that hasn't been already listed.

Oh the money I have spent on ALvino. When the ALone album first came out, I bought the Type A version of the album, just so that I could have a concert DVD. I'm still missing the middle-half of their discography, basically after their capsule mini-album and before the release of Lovely [H] Days, though I'm now working to get them all. I mean, I just pre-ordered their newest mini-album, Breath. The ALone album cost me about 50, give or take shipping. But yeah, ALvino pretty much got the majority of my cash. Though, I admit that what I spent is nowhere near what everyone else has replied so far, so... yeah. ^^;;;;

9 hours ago, Euthanasia said:

It's really hard to count.. I own most of Mejibrays releases (cds, dvds), and most of the magazines with them on the cover and chekis, live limited stuff and merch (oh and concert tickets).. So I would say A LOT? 

Yeah, pretty much in this boat. ^^; Don't even get me started on in-stores. But I'm probably heading back to the states for awhile next year, so might as well live it up while I can. (Even if my wallet hates me for it.) I've put a decent amount of cash into MeteoroiD too, but not nearly as much -  due largely to the fact that a lot of their shows are in Tokyo and tend to be on weekdays.

2 hours ago, wildjokerleia said:

Oh the money I have spent on ALvino. When the ALone album first came out, I bought the Type A version of the album, just so that I could have a concert DVD. I'm still missing the middle-half of their discography, basically after their capsule mini-album and before the release of Lovely [H] Days, though I'm now working to get them all. I mean, I just pre-ordered their newest mini-album, Breath. The ALone album cost me about 50, give or take shipping. But yeah, ALvino pretty much got the majority of my cash. Though, I admit that what I spent is nowhere near what everyone else has replied so far, so... yeah. ^^;;;;

you're an ALvino fan? damnnn i never thought i'd find one here. i've loved them since... snow line XDDD

i'm also too embarrassed to reply to this topic, but yeah, a lot.

Oh lort...the amount of money I've spent on my faves is just too much. The worst one is Lin cuz they've had a habit of selling shitloads of privileges along with their releases, PLUS the small merch like cheki  (they sell it in sets of 5~10, so they're usually $50) and lucky bags....holy shit that might as well have been an everyday basis. Even after they've disbanded, Kisaki is still selling Lin/Under Code bags at the old webshop. But fuck that, I'm no longer buying anything from him anymore, it's too much, and I don't wanna buy duplicates lol.

Now I'm wasting money on Merry while being in their fanclub (it's 60 fucking dollars to get in, holy shit; I used a shopping service, so with the service's $45 fee, I had to pay $100+ just to get in WHICH IS FUCKING BULLSHIT) ;w; and try to get Marco rarez every now and then from some auctions who boost up the prices.

Edited by midi:nette

2 hours ago, hiroki said:

i'm also too embarrassed to reply to this topic, but yeah, a lot.

You can also just say which band you have spent the most on, there's no need to be embarrassed on buying things that makes you happy.

2 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

You can also just say which band you have spent the most on, there's no need to be embarrassed on buying things that makes you happy.

i'm not sure.. it's definitely either vistlip or purple stone. probably the latter because of the ridiculous number of chekis i've bought (more than enough to pay a year's worth of bills i think)..

it also doesn't help that i buy their cds in this manner:

bhm1xh.jpg

Hmmm I'm too lazy to estimate the exact amount but many hundreds of dollars on Dir en Grey. Or really on Kyo if you combine my Sukekiyo and Dir en Grey purchases. I've got a whole bunch of regular edition CDs, plus at one point I decided to go and buy a bunch of limited editions as well cus bonus songs are rad, so yeah that got pretty pricey. Oh and I've got a few t-shirts too. 

4 hours ago, hiroki said:

you're an ALvino fan? damnnn i never thought i'd find one here. i've loved them since... snow line XDDD

Yes, yes I am. I've been following them since the beginning too. XDDD

There really are so few ALvino fans and it throws me for a loop, honestly.

For a *single* purchase, I think it was like $300+ for a vie eternele release. (Not worth it lmao)

Overall, I've spent a metric fuckton on KISAKI related stuff.

Probably Dali is the one band that I spent the most on, cause I vowed to collect everything from them that I could. Unfortunately their later years were just a bunch of dist stuff, so I basically had to give up... But for a while there I bought multiple copies of every type, etc

Edited by inartistic

are we just talking about at one time or in general?

Let's see Souiumono's probably the band I've dropped the most cash on.

I've seen them the most besides maybe Ensoku, been to their in stores the most, bought the most CDs, cheki etc of theirs.

In one go:

Plane: $300 maybe

Hotel: -- (stayed at a friends)

Ticket folder (6 tickets): $180

Ticket for actual concert: $30? + $5+ for drink

Cheki: probably like $30~$50

SO I guess the total was about $550

Which to be honest wasn't that uncommon for me at one point--the plane ticket was almost always $280~360 whenever I had to fly to Tokyo from 2012-2015. Sometimes I stayed at hotels for days to a week at a time which really put a dent in my wallet haha

um let's see 

So I am assuming an average price since receipts will only make me weep and are probably nonexistent and this point. 

When I was living in Shimane Tokyo costs were assumed to be $320, Osaka $100, etc. 

Ticket prices were assumed the average of $40 (this is to include the drink ticket price). 

CDs, as much as I would love to include the ones I bought on behalf of others, I only included the ones I bought for myself.

costs of following Souiumono in general

Travel (plane, bus, shinkansen):  ~$5,000

Hotel cost: incalculable sorry I can't even begin to guess

Cheki: $900 (60 x 3 x 5)

CDs: ~$550

Goods (towels, scrunchies, etc): ~$200

Tickets: ~$1,120

Grand total?: $7,770~$12,000+ 

That's probably a low estimate tbh and remember I don't do this with only Souiumono, I've dropped thousands on plenty of bands.

LOL BYE :X'D:

Edited by anakuro

The most I've spent on a band is around $160 possibly 200 if I want to add items where they're in a compilation. 

I'm not exactly sure what it is that I like about the band but their material (music) puts a smile on my face and I still follow their new projects/bands.