Ito

Pokemon Go

20160706012433!Pokemon_Go.png

My god this game is bad...why can't I stop playing it? XD

Seriously though, I thought I was over pokemon, but I have had so much fun playing this game so far. I have been stunned with how much acitivity this game has had in my town. I have gown out for several pokewalks so far, and one day I think I passed around 70 or so people playing. The way that this game is starting a public community is just astounding and has me excited in a way few games have have gotten me in a LONG time.

Who else is playing? And more importantly, what team are you?

TEAM INSTINCT!!!

Playing at work lol

BTW, this is one of the EASIEST ways to pick up men/women, just like you! Hung out with 3 girls this week lol it's like a nerd's TINDER.

Start out hunting Pokemon together, then pick it up from there. I can confirm this works. DON'T BE AFRAID!

Oh and I think I'm team Instinct.

My brother just forced me to download it. lol. I don't know how often I'll actually play it but we're going out tonight to show me how it all works. 

It's been super popular in my town as well. My brother has said some pokestops have 10-20 cars in the parking lot just full of people on their phones! XD

I know I have friends on all 3 teams and I have no clue which one I will end up in... but if I can figure out this thing that makes my starter pokemon Pikachu then well... I may have to go with Instinct as well. lol. 

I started playing the second it was released... or at least when the servers stopped going down. 

After work me and a few co-workers went to walk around Seattle Center and literally everyone walking around was playing PokemonGo. Eventually we found two lures near each other and decided to stay there and gradually people started introducing themselves until we had about 15-20 people all walking around together to catch Pokemon. I even met some people from Ingress who are on the same team as me. So all in all it was nice. Since then I've played religiously everyday.

I'm level 12 almost 13. My highest CP is 720 something. TEAM VALOR. 

However, there are some people already that have CP of like 1000 and higher... maybe i'm not that hardcore. 

The nearest gym to my house has a leader who's pokemon is like 969 or something. I get the feeling I'll never be high enough to battle around here. X"D

I am so addicted to this game. It's going to become a problem but I doubt i'll regret it.

Currently level 10 and team Instinct all the freaking way!!! \o/ There are a bunch of people with 1000+ cp pokemon in my city so it makes it hard to try to take gyms. D; Hopefully with a week off from work I'll be able to beef up my team.

13599788_10207706542160761_7411672650390

Did this yesterday while my friend and I were out poke-hunting. It was fun even though Miley was essentially just a place holder at the gym lol. The only thing that makes me sad is her name doesn't show up for other people when they look at the gym, it only shows up for me. D;

I decided to give it a try and it's pretty fun. However I live out in the middle of nowhere and there's no 4g service for miles around, so I can't play it while I'm here... Hopefully someday they'll throw a bone to those of us who live in the middle of the woods.  I have been able to play it a bit in between traveling though, so that's been nice. I'm on team Mystic. 

So, I'm waiting for it to be released to the rest of the world.

Like, I want to download it from Google Play and etc.

I don't go outdoors, I stay here forever. If I have to go outside, there might be a convincent reason for that.

And catch'em all is one of them.

On the one hand, the irony that Japan, home of Pokemon, doesn't have this yet amuses me greatly.

On the other hand, I live in Japan. Hurry up fixing those server issues and give it to us already! XD

dumb game is dumb, I'd sooner just play actual pokemon... what's even  the point?

With that said I do realize that their is a market for this game outside of people like me, I'm just extremely disappointed by all the lost opportunities and what this could of been... instead it's a shallow brainless mobile game with no reason to keep playing after the first few times other than the scummy "addictive" nature of it all. Hopefully after some updates they will be able to change my mind, but I highly doubt it.

/opinions

Edited by Original Saku

33 minutes ago, Original Saku said:

dumb game is dumb, I'd sooner just play actual pokemon... what's even  the point?

With that said I do realize that their is a market for this game outside of people like me, I'm just extremely disappointed by all the lost opportunities and what this could of been... instead it's a shallow brainless mobile game with no reason to keep playing after the first few times other than the scummy "addictive" nature of it all. Hopefully after some updates they will be able to change my mind, but I highly doubt it.

/opinions

Who pissed in your bowl of cheerios this morning, bro? :c

2 minutes ago, fictioninhope said:

Who pissed in your bowl of cheerios this morning, bro? :c

just an opinion. I was disappointed in the game and that's all :D my fault for setting my expectations too high.

22 minutes ago, Original Saku said:

just an opinion. I was disappointed in the game and that's all :D my fault for setting my expectations too high.

Stop having negative opinions, Saku! Gosh!! XD Hopefully once the servers get better and they do some updates(like trading) you'd be willing to give it another try? :3 We'd love to have you on the Team Instinct party. 

There's always gotta be that one guy~~~~ @Original Saku:P 

But I never got too into the original game, I'm not even sure I'm gonna be crazy into this one, but I do like the social nature of it so far. Everyone seems to really enjoy the chance to meet all the other players hunting down pokemon together and I think that's pretty damn cool. What were you expecting, just out of curiosity?

10 minutes ago, doombox said:

There's always gotta be that one guy~~~~ @Original Saku:P 

But I never got too into the original game, I'm not even sure I'm gonna be crazy into this one, but I do like the social nature of it so far. Everyone seems to really enjoy the chance to meet all the other players hunting down pokemon together and I think that's pretty damn cool. What were you expecting, just out of curiosity?

To put it as simple as possible. A Pokemon game on mobile. just minus the story elements. Instead we got a gimped game with micro transactions, but anyone could have seen this coming, mobile games by nature are gimped. They are targeted at the casual market and thus are not very deep nor fun in the enjoyable sense, but in the addictive sense. So to answer your question I was hoping for something less shallow and truly enjoyable.

This all is more of a wider issue than just Pokemon GO but the mobile game industry as a whole. I don't want to be that guy but I will if it means one less person will fall victim to the scummy politics and nature of mobile game companies. Again I'm not talking about Pokemon GO right now, so don't jump down my throat please XD

1 minute ago, Original Saku said:

To put it as simple as possible. A Pokemon game on mobile. just minus the story elements. Instead we got a gimped game with micro transactions, but anyone could have seen this coming, mobile games by nature are gimped. They are targeted at the casual market and thus are not very deep nor fun in the enjoyable sense, but in the addictive sense. So to answer your question I was hoping for something less shallow and truly enjoyable.

This all is more of a wider issue than just Pokemon GO but the mobile game industry as a whole. I don't want to be that guy but I will if it means one less person will fall victim to the scummy politics and nature of mobile game companies. Again I'm not talking about Pokemon GO right now, so don't jump down my throat please XD

Omg I was totally just having a playful jab.I would never jump down your throat, we're cool dude. We're cool. XD

I don't mind that you don't like mobile games or pokemon go for that matter. I was just surprised you had high expectations? Or that you don't appreciate the social aspect of it at all, because that's my main attraction to the game in the first place. I tend to do better with mobile games than console games, they're a money pit for me and I stopped them ages ago, because of the "shallow" aspect of them. I like simple games that don't take much time or energy and are more of a "time waster" than some in depth thing I have to spend hours of time and dedication trying to "win". But that's me and it's whatever.  We all like what we like. 

28 minutes ago, Original Saku said:

If I want deep story I'll get my 3ds out and finish ORAS or one of the three Fire Emblem games I have lol. My favorite thing(s) about PoGO! is that it's getting me out walking and actually socializing with other human beings outside of work. Literally all I ever do is go to work and go home because I never have the money to do things and my anxiety/depression tends to keep me holed up in my room so having a free ice breaker is great for me personally. c: I'm also not the kind of person to throw money at mobile games if I can obtain the currency for free(ex. completing goals in Love Live or taking over a gym long enough to go into shop and click the collect button for pokecoins in PoGO! plus you can get all the items in the shop for free besides bag and computer upgrades currently). If I spend money on a game it's an actual console game.. even if the most recent console I have is the 3ds xl and a ps2. >>;;

GONNA DO IT. GONNA JUMP DOWN YOUR THROAT. GONNA DO THE THING SAKU AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME. Nah tho, we all have things we're full of piss and vinegar about and you are fully entitled to your opinion. I just like poking at people for fun. If I was actually upset about your opinion I would have been an asshole about it. XD The invite to team instinct is still open. ;3

I feel like the main reason I like it is truly for the social aspect of it. 

I downloaded it first out of curiosity more so than the hype and excitement of another Pokemon addition to the franchise. 

But once I roamed around with friends and met new people it made it that much more interesting.  

Personally where I work we've managed to have different departments pick different teams, so my work place is under constant battle. 

I've already met a lot of people and I talk to someone new everyday just by using the game as a gateway. 

I like it not just cuz it's pokemon, but it sort of brought people together a bit. 

it's interesting.

damn, everyone's playing this game >< make it available in Japan asap!! ><

the rumour says it may become available here by the end of the week...

@Original Saku you won't hear me disagreeing. Pokemon Go is NOT a good game mechanically. It's pretty much a giant skinner box. But I would argue that the fun isn't found purely in the addictive nature of the game, but in the social aspect. If you don't want to get up, walk around, and meet people, you aren't going to have fun. I have spent more time talking to random people walking around in my town in the past few days than I have in the previous year. Passing by all these people enjoying doing this same silly thing? I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little giddy.

I also feel part of the joy of this game is that evokes a huge childhood nostalgia in playing video games. I'm not talking about because it is gen 1 pokemon, but more the wonder of it all. The game hasn't been data mined yet and we are all still guessing at the inner workings of the game - there isn't some great site where we can all google things yet and there is a lot of talking between people on where to find certain pokemon. I know this isn't something unique to pokemon go and applies to other multiple player games at launch, but man, I am just loving it.

Fully agreeing with @Original Saku re: mobile gaming and the exploitative nature of microtransactions. (though I don't think it's that bad in this game, correct me if I'm wrong)

Haven't tried Pokemon Go for myself, and never will, based on what I know about it.

These two things rank very highly on my list of "things I hate the most"

- Meeting and talking to new people (hell, I barely like talking to people I know. I'm a writer, not a speaker)

- Sun/humidity/heat (walking around outside during this disgusting "feels like 40 degrees (104 F)" weather I have right now is just not going to happen)

So, obviously I'm not the target audience, lol. Also, I've seen a lot of alarmist reports in the media about the dangers of being inattentive (or trespassing) while playing the game... including a very sad article by a black man saying that the game endangers his life because police will be suspicious of a black guy walking in circles in the same area. These reports are actually far more interesting to me than the actual game, hahaha.

If there are any games to hate, Pokemon Go should NOT be one of them.

This game helps people to actually walk and had some little exercise for their own health in a fun way.

This game achieved what Michelle Obama tried to do in one big swoop. Michelle must be shook when knowing this.

If there are any games to hate, it should be all of these one person shooters game that ruins everything.

Actually, I'm kind of disappointed with Pokémon GO. 

I've been played Ingress, game that developed by Niantic too, earlier than Pokémon GO, since 2 years ago and that was amazing. I mean I must go outside to play it, got to meet people to farm, and make a huge operation between towns. I made pile and piles of friends from that game. Although it wreck my life, but I love the experience. 

...but, Pokémon GO somewhat slipped from my expectations. 

There is no communication system on the game.  When you play Pokémon GO, you don't really need to meet new people. You can thrive on your own. 

You meet new people just because there are so many people play it. 

...and if you amaze how sometimes Pokéstop has weird name. It's because basically Niantic use Ingress's portal to make those Pokéstop and we Ingress players are trying turn literally everything into portals. 

I just have my ipod touch so I can't even play this game... I walked with my brother one time catching pokemon and that was cool. 

Edited by lichtlune