Trombe

宇多田ヒカル(utada hikaru) new album "Fantôme" release

5 hours ago, saishuu said:

Cautiously excited for this.

please be good please be good

"Cautiously excited" xD

But yeah, it's easy to get disappointed by such a great announcement... but idk, in Utada I trust. I wasn't even a fan from long before her hiatus and I only really got to listen to her carefully when she was away. But I mean, say what you may, Manatsu no Tooriame is pure Utada and pure love. <3

[track list]
01.道
02.俺の彼女
03.花束を君に
04.二時間だけのバカンス
05.人魚
06.ともだち
07.真夏の通り雨
08.荒野の狼
09.忘却
10.人生最高の日
11.桜流し

CpWJQqsUkAAtZ0L.jpg

CpWJTewVYAAN31t.jpg

Edited by Trombe

And now instead of usually English-ridden titles we have tons of Japanese-titled songs? Must be another sign of this new "mature" direction.

Still cautiously looking forward to this but now she looks a bit hotter than in her earlier tacky comeback photos.

1 hour ago, Carmelzors said:

And now instead of usually English-ridden titles we have tons of Japanese-titled songs? 

Was thinking the same thing apart from...

58 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

That promo pics is great, but I don't really care for the album cover itself.

Let's be honest, that album cover... her ones have never been anything to write home about but this is... anewlow. XD (imo) I still care enough to give it a listen even now though.

So.. Does this mean Kingdom Hearts III will feature a new Utada piece?

I really feel like it should, they've been sitting on remixes of the previous 2 for almost 10 years ha.

Am I that guy that makes it about KH?

1 hour ago, Elazmus said:

So.. Does this mean Kingdom Hearts III will feature a new Utada piece?

I really feel like it should, they've been sitting on remixes of the previous 2 for almost 10 years ha.

Am I that guy that makes it about KH?

I think any KH fan is wishing for it. She can't not be back.

That said, I just hope it's better than the two pre-released songs. At least Sakura Nagashi's on it I guess.

yaaas come through Hikki!

the cover art looks kinda like what I'd expect from 90's and 00's albums? Idk. she looks great though!

The low-fi snippet of "Michi" (the first track?) off twitter:

Considering that those who managed to listen to the whole radio version confirmed the track to be the kind of "what if Deep River leftover was played during HEART STATION sessions", I might just mention @The MAD Stallionand @CAT5 here (since you dig the former era in question a lot btw)

Edited by Alroy

aaand now there's a Shiina Ringo x Utada Hikaru collab (AGAIN)!

http://www.utadahikaru.jp/lyric/

The first PV snippet you see there, click on that

@herpes@beni and @CAT5 !!!

Also, other cameos:

At the end of the teaser it is also revealed that two other songs, “Tomodochi” and “Boukyaku” will feature other artist as well. Nariaki Obukuro from the electronic duo N.O.R.K will feature on “Tomodachi” and upcoming rapper KOHH on “Boukyaku.” Utada has not featured another artist since 2006’s “Ultra Blue” and both of these artist are far from Utada’s typical style. KOHH also sampled Utada’s “Sakura Drops” in his 2013 song “My Last Heart Break.”

(by Owatari @Arama)

Edited by Alroy

19 hours ago, saishuu said:

Just listened to both Nijikan and Michi in full and I'm shook

inorite

FULL PV for Nijikan (Shiina x Utada collab)

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4/0pmc.mp4

Lesbian space opera <3

edit: am I the only one who noticed obvious throwbacking to Ringo's "__kan"-clocking easter eggs she had since that 3 min song off 2009?

Edited by Alroy

42 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

iedit: am I the only one who noticed obvious throwbacking to Ringo's "__kan"-clocking easter eggs she had since that 3 min song off 2009?

I was instantly reminded of Tokyo Jihen's Noudouteki Sanpunkan, yeah. Not sure how intentional it is, but It was a pretty cool nod nonetheless. :)

ETA: oops, apologies for the double post

Edited by saishuu

An impressive feat to have hit #3 on USA ITUNES for a bit Hikki.

3zUKwF8.png

Anybody read about the drama between AVEX using EXILE's BEST OF to dwarf Utada Hikaru's album release?

Edited by YuyoDrift

On 9/30/2016 at 10:14 PM, YuyoDrift said:

An impressive feat to have hit #3 on USA ITUNES for a bit Hikki.

3zUKwF8.png

Anybody read about the drama between AVEX using EXILE's BEST OF to dwarf Utada Hikaru's album release?

Could you elaborate on the drama? I was in Tokyo last week and the Utada's promotion completely dwarfed  Exile's with her posters and music playing everywhere I turn. The only other release that came even remotely close in terms of promotion was radwimp's 'your name' album, due to the hit movie.