SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

seems like it :D recently watched a bit of twitch gameplay to get a bit of the atmosphere, might check out inquisition when it comes out :)

morrigan reminds me of FFX Lulu a lot, which is a good thing ^^

Lulu was sooo damn cool, as black mages almost always are...

lulu.pngDAI_Morrigan.jpg

Dragon Age Origins is definitely one of the best if not the best western RPG in the past decade, even the console port is enjoyable. If you haven't played this game then you are missing out on something special.

Also about Divinity Original Sin... I haven't had in first hand experience with it but I only hear great things about ti's gameplay, now story.... that's another matter entirely because I hear the story is really the only negative about the game, supposedly it's not that good. but I hear the gameplay is so fun that it makes up for it.

I finished Metro 2033 Redux last night on survival ranger mode and damn it was glorious. I really have to give it up to 4A on this, they made a already great game an amazing game with all the upgrades and additions. Fuck it's so satisfying playing this game in my room with all the lights turned off and my surround sound headset with hudless ranger mode and just getting so immersed in the game and the world. this is one of the very few game's that have been able to grab me in this way. Another game that has been able to achieve this feat is TES:V to name one.

I want to go ahead and start playing Last Light Redux but I don;t feel like I'll be able to finish it before monday night when I'll be going to pick up Destiny so It'll probably get put on hold for a little while.

Playing Bravery Default on my trip. It's pretty fun so far, but I can't do any of the multi-player things like sending moves or special monsters since I don't think I know anyone else who plays, nor do I think I'll find anyone in Bangalore to street pass.

Shovel Knight;
Titanfall;
Unepic;

Thinking on replaying Dragon Age Origins, since it's pretty much the best Bioware game ever. (finalized the main story and side quests, but not all DLCs);
Also thinking on starting Lost Odyssey, but I'm really lazy...

And motherfucking Dota 2, as always;

I'm playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on PC in Revengeance difficulty.

I seem to have no trouble beating the game with no damage and getting an S rank for every single fight until the last boss fight with Armstrong.

There are QTE bugs in the PC version if you play the game in less than 60 FPS which means you can't do a debris cut properly and timing for the last QTE is way too fast.

This is the final S rank I yearn for though. lol

Edit: Finally, I finished MGR:R in Revengeance difficulty on PC with no damage and S ranks for all chapters using a keyboard and mouse. lol

I had to play the game in 800x600 for the last boss fight to get rid of the QTE bugs though.

xlDlfyI.png

i have played FF7 two times (once story only, once including beating the weapons) started FF8 (never got past the point where it hooked me unfortunately...), finished the last remnant, which is sort of a final fantasy game too imho and recently finished FFX (incredible!) and FFXII (the weakest out of the bunch, but still enjoyable)

Yep, FFX is still my favorite, no question.  For some reason my friend always said how much he liked FFXII, but I couldn't get into it.  Maybe one day...

I liked the Last Remnant a lot, but I got to a point where I couldn't beat a battle.  I must have played that battle 10-20 times and couldnt do it.  I gave up lol.

Another game I really liked was Infinite Undiscovery.  It was getting mediocre reviews, but it was one of the first RPGs of the (last) generation on 360, and I thought it had a lot of heart and a nice storyline.

Damn, maybe I shouldn't have sold my 360...I wanna play those again!

I'm currently playing,

Ninja Gaiden II

ninjagaidenmainimage-1.jpg

ソニック ワールドアドベンチャー:

sonic_world_adventure_wii_inner_cover_2.

And ナルト-激闘忍者大戦! 4, :
                                                  300px-Clash_4.jpg

I finished the Mass Effect Trilogy a few days ago. Late Champ is late.

2014-09-17_00021.jpg

Not sure what I'll play now. I have a huuuuuuuge backlog of unplayed games, but I never can decide what to play. Which means I'll probably just start Mass Effect 1 again with a different character. Lol.

What games do you have to choose from champ?

Far too many for someone who doesn't even consider herself a hardcore gamer. XD  I have about 4 years worth of Steam sales and Humble Bundles sitting in my Steam library. But sure, if you want to recommend me something, knock yourself out. :)

steam1.PNGsteam2.PNGsteam3.PNG

steam4.PNGsteam5.PNG

For info: the highlighted ones I already played and finished for the most part. Some of the non-highlighted ones too, but it's been a while so they're not installed anymore. It should give you some idea what I usually play anyway.

And well... I'm the type of person that always plays action games on "easy". But I like a good story.

I do have a few games on Origin, but I think you can neglect those. I also have a PS3, but only a handful of games, and I'm currently playing Uncharted 3 there, so I'm rather looking for something on PC.

Oh, and I'm not really into online/multiplayer stuff. "Chivalry" is really the only multiplayer game I ever played extensively.

Ah i see. Well just from the first screen cap i can already definitely recommend that you should play Alan Wake if you have not already. It's a great game with tons of atmospheric and visually immersive aspects and also the story is pretty great. it's a little on the creepy side of things though, so if you don't mind that i definitely recommend playing it at night by yourself with no lights on and using a headset if you have one for the full experience.

Next I would say for a little bit more of a fantasy rpg experience I would recommend you play Dragon Age: Origins. This game is all about story and if you're worried about difficulty then don't worry because the learning curve is not huge, after a few hours getting used to the keys and you'll be fine. DA:O is my absolute favorite western rpg from the past 15 years, nothing can compete with it so far except maybe Witcher 2 but even then they are totally two different types of games.

Okay we got the thriller/suspense and story/rpg REC's out the way it's time for a action hack n' slash recommendation. Darksiders I & II are some of the most satisfying beat em up games I've ever played. Sure they have story and there's nothing wrong or bad with the story, but the main attraction is the mindless violence on the screen. pretty much these games are just really fun to play and sink some time into and if you by chance follow the story while doing that then that's a plus :)

okay there you go there's a base for what I would start with if I were you. there is other stuff on your list i would recommend as well if you haven't played them yet.... like Bioshock infinite, Batman Arkham Asylum, Dead Space, and Deus Ex: HR to name a few. but the ones above are some of the more must plays.

Thank god im not the only one with countless humble bundle and steam sales stuff i never played lol.

seems kinda useless to always buy stuff D: b

"Right now, I can tell you that about 37 percent of the roughly 781 million games registered to various Steam accounts haven’t even been loaded a single time."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

Lol, yeah, it is pretty common. I just calculated my library and out of the 84 games I have, 53% of them have never been played (Indie Bundles accounts for at least half of these though).

^ That's some interesting stats there. XD

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations, Saku! I actually think I did start up Dragon Age at some point, but something else got me occupied so I only got about 1 hour in. Might give it another try.

Also, Bioshock Infinite is actually one of the games I considered for my next playthrough - but do you think I need to play any of the previous Bioshock games in order to understand what's going on?

^ That's some interesting stats there. XD

Anyway, thanks for the recommendations, Saku! I actually think I did start up Dragon Age at some point, but something else got me occupied so I only got about 1 hour in. Might give it another try.

Also, Bioshock Infinite is actually one of the games I considered for my next playthrough - but do you think I need to play any of the previous Bioshock games in order to understand what's going on?

No you do not have to play 1 or 2 to understand infinite, but if you ever get the chance to buy bioshock 1 for the cheap do it and play the hell out of it. The original bioshock is one of those games that even after 7 years it still sucks me in every single time I play it, and the PC version is gorgeous.

Yessss agreeing with Saku, Dragon Age: Origins is a fantastic RPG, especially on PC. I also played Bioshock Infinite without playing the other two and I understood everything just fine!

What I'm currently playing:

- Bioshock Infinite

- Beyond: Two Souls

- Dragon Age: Origins (second playthrough!)

I dropped Lightning Returns, it became really linear after like 6-7 hours in tbqh.

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call on 3DS because i'm still a kid and it's way too addicting.

(and Murdered: Soul Suspect but the demons are just way too difficult to sneak up behind them and i'm just--- stuck)

The Last Of Us and Beyond: Two Souls (slowly completing that is). Thanks to the help of my little sis, and literally forcing her to keep these two PS3 games instead of selling them so I could give them a go, I became interested in the two popular games. And for me, that's quite rare, they've both got a really engaging story. But I usually only play RPG games, since I'm only a good player with those kind of games and enjoy them the most. I'm just a total fail with any other games on the Xbox or PS consoles.. Also trying out the P.T. demo slowly with her, because we're both such scaredy cats even though we love horror. ><

The Last Of Us and Beyond: Two Souls (slowly completing that is). Thanks to the help of my little sis, and literally forcing her to keep these two PS3 games instead of selling them so I could give them a go, I became interested in the two popular games. And for me, that's quite rare, they've both got a really engaging story. But I usually only play RPG games, since I'm only a good player with those kind of games and enjoy them the most. I'm just a total fail with any other games on the Xbox or PS consoles.. Also trying out the P.T. demo slowly with her, because we're both such scaredy cats even though we love horror. ><

I love the Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls.  I also usually only play RPG games, love games with a good story.  But those two have pretty good stories so I loved them.

P.T. is definitely scary, but I get scared easy lol.

I love the Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls.  I also usually only play RPG games, love games with a good story.  But those two have pretty good stories so I loved them.

P.T. is definitely scary, but I get scared easy lol.

Oooh, my sister would love you just as much as I love you for saying you also usually only play RPG games. : 3 I get very easily addicted to just having to level up your characters. I adore unlocking all those power ups and new moves! But yeah, the games with the most interesting and engaging storylines are always a must play to me, reason why I can understand the hype and love for both those two games. 

Haha, wish we could all get together and just play that demo. That'd be a night to remember! ( sis always says playing/watching horror in the dark is best, but I'm WAY to scared to do that unless it's with her or a group of friends, so much fun haha x) )

Oooh, my sister would love you just as much as I love you for saying you also usually only play RPG games. : 3 I get very easily addicted to just having to level up your characters. I adore unlocking all those power ups and new moves! But yeah, the games with the most interesting and engaging storylines are always a must play to me, reason why I can understand the hype and love for both those two games. 

Haha, wish we could all get together and just play that demo. That'd be a night to remember! ( sis always says playing/watching horror in the dark is best, but I'm WAY to scared to do that unless it's with her or a group of friends, so much fun haha x) )

Hehe, yeah it is addicting, I love leveling up and finding secrets and completing all quests lol.  I seriously can't play it alone, let alone in the dark lol.  I tried that once with a game called Amnesia, alone, in the dark and with headphones.  I got into 15 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore.  That game is seriously scary. Haha! 

Hehe, yeah it is addicting, I love leveling up and finding secrets and completing all quests lol.  I seriously can't play it alone, let alone in the dark lol.  I tried that once with a game called Amnesia, alone, in the dark and with headphones.  I got into 15 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore.  That game is seriously scary. Haha! 

Lol, the beauty of what is known as RPG. < 3 Indeed!

Haha, my nana was with me in the same room when sis and I were playing the demo and sis told me not to turn around no matter what and I did thinking it was safe and I really did throw the controller across the room and screech as the woman grabs the character. xD I totally understand, playing alone AND/OR in the dark, it's not safe kids.

Oh my gosh, Amnesia!? xD I find that game more funny than scary, now that I've seen so many walkthroughs of it lol. I feel brave for saying that now haha, I can't believe how different it is actually playing the game instead of just watching others play it. You're brave though for doing that you know!!

Edit: Oh yeah, after reading sai's post again, I've been meaning to play Lightning Returns since it came out. I actually really enjoyed the game trilogy (is that even the correct term? ><) even though it wasn't very well recieved or liked. I should really try out the classic Final Fantasy games soon actually.