Ito

25 Days of ChristMHas Discussion Thread - 2015

Wagakki Band always feels like someone is jamming a jackhammer into my ears with pieces of random traditional instruments glued on, while irritating Jpop is playing in the background in an abandoned interrogation chamber.

;(

Even though I don't agree, that gave me a good laugh.

Ah, Wagakki Band. Only the 3rd album in the list that I've actually heard, and the 2nd that I actually like.

I really like the sometimes-chaotic mix of rock & traditional instruments (not a surprise, considering I'm a big fan of Kiryu). The female singer's voice is very beautiful and pleasant to listen to.

My personal fave songs:

風鈴の唄うたい - I've morbidly decided that this would be an amazing funeral song.

暁ノ糸

追憶

I've tried to listen to Wagakki Band. On paper, they were tailor-made for me, given how much of a sucker I am for anything mixing rock music with traditional Japanese elements. But for me, Wagakki Band is like if distraught Kagrra, fans were to create a band in order to cope with the deep distress caused by their disbandment and Isshi's death and ended up overcompensating by creating a big and chaotic mess with every single traditional Japanese instrument they could find ahead of them without even knowing how to put everything together to make something sound cohesive and actually listenable.

So yeah.

八奏絵巻 >> Arche

I like very much the work Wagakki band do, I hope they could be more popular. As said before, their traditional japanese elements are really good and interesting.

I was hoping they would make the list. Surprisingly solid album from such a young band! I'm all about ~dat atmosphere~, bro. Let's hope they'll only grow in popularity in the future.

This is comfortably one of my top picks of the year!

40vP2sb.gif

i said i was gonna use it :P

I found their demos to be surprisingly enjoyable as well. There are some flaws here and there but I expect The Piqnic to get better and better. <3

40vP2sb.gif

i said i was gonna use it :P

I found their demos to be surprisingly enjoyable as well. There are some flaws here and there but I expect The Piqnic to get better and better. <3

^that. "breathing" has been growing on me a lot. it might still not be up to par with zyouk, but pretty close. This is a band to look out for

I instantly fell in love with the piqnic after hearing ZyouK. Even though they sound similar to THE NOVEMBERS they have a haunting atmosphere that THE NOVEMBERS would never touch. So they are still unique in their own way and I'm all for some dark shoegaze. I like their two demos too, and I might even like "I Can't Breathing" more than ZyouK. I can't wait to hear more from this band!

I wish I could like sukekiyo more, especially given how happy I was back when I heard my favorite RENTRER EN SOI members were coming back, but their music is just dull for me at this point. :| i tried listening to both of their albums and while there were a few songs I did enjoy, most of them just came off as pointless. still better than anything Satsuki has been trying to do though

my sukekiyo whining summed up in 1 concise post THANK YOU.

pointless is perfect for how i feel, imo most songs go nowhere, and it burns bad considering ex-RES+9GBO is a literal dream come true.

i'll still follow them, i just feel like my fav members can do much better on their own; sukekiyo have so many cool ideas but their songs are just messy

I like sukekiyo's experimentations.

While a handful of then do turn out weird, most of the songs are great atmospheric tracks.

If I had to label one of the bands pointless, it'd be ReS, the band whose songs rarely took a step out of the tried and tested formulas.

Though I get why ReS fans would call sukekiyo's music "pointless".

By the way.

Pop strikes again.

Disappointed as hell with the new lynch., sadly. Even weirder cuz the preceding singles were pretty cool. I might re-try it next year, but so far I couldn't even get all the way through a 2nd listen. Full of bland, lifeless and/or ridiculous tunes (i.e. "did they rly think this was a good riff? rly??").

I guess I'm probably the minority in thinking this tho.

I don't really get the lynch. love. I've done lyrics for their stuff since 2012, and not a single one of their songs has made any impression on me. I guess it doesn't help that I find Hazuki's vocals completely unremarkable... The band is decent enough, just not outstanding or interesting to me in any way.

This CD is weak if you compare with Inferiority Complex and lynch don't work for me like in their past years.

For that album, I liked only MELANCHOLIC, ETERNITY, BEAST, GHOST and FALLEN.

I hope they can do a better one next time.

What a way to close it all, yesss <3

Interesting list now that I look back on the whole thing in its entirety. Nice and varied - even though I could only agree with about 4-5 choices personally. Thanks for all your hard work in compiling this & making it fun to follow. :)