Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

I like it! Also, I agree with Chianti and ShanethVarosa. Why the hell wouldn't they play them because they are Japanese? Sue them.

Don't know if this already has been announced here but the single will come with a 1st press Bonus item which is a B3-poster, on both Limited and Regular Edition.

Sounds pretty good, I don't like it as much as former releases... the chorus is bothering me a lot. It just sounds disjointed... but I love the theme of the video. I'm excited to hear how the whole thing is in relation to the preview.

That long preview was good , I think that I like it a lot and can't weit to get single

You know what, i actually missed the premiere on the radio D:

So i am happy to see this rip upped on youtube!

My ears did't fail me when i was saying it sounds similar to Dozing Green than Hageshisa to..

This is sounded really good, no growl at all, sounded really fresh since we just heard Kyo doing something with his voice that's not really enjoyable on last single.

A good ol' rock that i, and perhaps some DeG listeners been longing to hear.

I can't wait for it to release now.

For clearer sounds of course. :wub:

And thanks for disposable for sharing this youtube links.

I think I'm gonna hold out for the album version, don't wanna ruin it.

I like it! If you got rid of the obviously VAJRA inspired chugs at the start, and had a better vocalist who doesn't have to strain his voice to hit the high notes (ruki could totes do this song better), it's be great! Best of all though, no growling or screaming or shit, sounds like a Gazette ballad from 2005~.

This is actually the first diru song I've found bearable/enjoyable that they've released post-1998, considering getting the first press just for that poster - loooove the album art. Would have to cut off the top 10% with their name though.

Best thing after Kisou. I love it. No crappy screaming, awesome melodies. It's great. Though I hope that break is much longer, it sounds really cool. One of the few Diru breaks that aren't totally gay and rip-offs of emobands. Oh, and I gotta love those pianos and basslines.

I listened to it and I love it!! I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. But I'm sure the single version will be much better.

Pretty much agreeing with the people above, and when i get my hands on the actual version that hasn't been mutilated for radio :3

Though if Kyo's vocals would have been more altered in the chorus, he would speak in binary. ( i stole this from a fine gentleman at the comments. Thank you. )

Ordering the single for the poster.

sounds ok,

a little bit disappointed by kyo only singing, doen't mean he nessessairily has to do uberangry grunting, but usually he did some pretty interesting sounds with his vocalchords so this is kind of a little drawback for me.

still exited about the full version and the new obscure...

I'm not sure if I'm going to like this...

I thought the preview was just a bad part cut out of the song but it seems the song itself is not very good either.

Havin mixed feeling. On the one hand it's good, on the other a little weird. I'm still waitin' for single version, then I'll write about my second impression. The first one after hearing this song was 'WTF?'

I approve of this single.

It's a breath of fresh air coming from them.

Sounds like a mix of Dozing Green and Glass Skin.

And a lot of Ryoujoku.

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but I kinda feel like i need to clear my name here.

If It's about the London Show last August:

There was a guy who was up front, got scratched by a fangirl and reprimanded her for that. Eventually she started pushing him more, he even got some little bleeding cuts, and then she started dragging all of her friends and fangirls into the dispute and nearly caused the guy, who hadn't done anything wrong, to be thrown out of the venue saying that had he started it.

Security said he had to go to the balcony and wasn't allowed in the crowd downstairs anymore.

I heard that Dir en grey isn't able to perform in Koko in London anymore because of those same fangirls. They'd been camping on the streets days before the concert and had left the whole venue trashed :s It looked crazy. (But that's just a rumor, don't know if they're not allowed to come anymore.)

But that's as far as my encounters with fangirls go :P (And some kid that nearly wanted to kill me because I had touched her pink fluffy dress :P)

I was standing with my friends when suddenly some guy appears behind us, who figured that the spot where we were standing was a nice place trough where he could try and move to the front. However, me and my friends had linked our arms together because they're small and I didn't wanna lose sight of them just yet, just in case they'd get squashed or something. So obviously he couldn't go trough.

He then proceeded pushing and trashing against us trying to get to the front either way. Now I'm not crybaby and I don't mind pushing at lives really, but at some point he was seriously hurting me, I told him to stop which he obviously didn't. So in an attempt to make him stop i dug my nails into his arms. Maybe not the most polite thing to do, but it helped.

At that point some girl at the first row had noticed what was going on, she started yelling at him, talking to us (I assume that they knew eachother...) and she started calling for security. They told him to cut it out, he didn't, they told him to go to teh back, I don't know what happened after that.

I'm not even a huge dir en grey fan, lol...