Zeus

Single People Thread

I don't mind being single. It's just, most of the time, I really need someone to hug but everyone I know either hates hugs or has some kind of excuse when I ask to be hugged. D':

Oh my god, nobody wants a hug from me *cries*

cat-hug.jpg

Single life is great. More money for rarez!

Jk. If you have some great same gender friends it ain't so bad.

But it starts to get less great when they start dating :/

Exactly why I love my pillows.

True but, that makes me realise how alone I always am haha.

cat-hug.jpg

Single life is great. More money for rarez!

Jk. If you have some great same gender friends it ain't so bad.

But it starts to get less great when they start dating :/

So, I'm rejected even on the web? D':

What you just said is my whole school life summed up. Seriously, when I was in a larger group of a friends circle, they all got together with one another, and then... there was me. xD I feel your pain on that, damn young friends!

I haz a possible love interest, Only downside is that theres an ocean between us.

^ This is my life. ;_;

It can still work out though. But I'm taking this two ways, the first possible one possibly being impossible but.. is this a foreign celeb you're talking about, or an online person you've been chatting to? Obviously ignore me if this is personal.

I'm single......again....being a nice person only gets you trampled on.

We need more kindess in this world so don't change, be yourself. That's the most important part. You'll find that person and you'll know it's them when they don't 'trample' on you. They're in the wrong if they do.

Gloriously single for almost 5 years now!

We need more positive posts like this is this thread lol. *high five*

I didn't knew where to write it... i think this topic is appropriate.

There is "that" furniture to my parents house, they put the photos of family members.

So there is:

1. The photo of my parents together

2. The photo of my 1st brother with his girlfriend

3. The photo of my 2nd brother with his girlfriend

4. The photo of my 3rd brother with his girlfriend

5. My photo of me alone

I feel bad to be single... I explain to my parents that i don't need to have my photo there, like to remind me all the time that i'm single. I explain it is already difficult to be single and that i would feel better if that photo wasn't there. My photo was removed and my mom said "we'll be happy to put your photo back with your kawaii as soon as you'll be with someone". Sound good. Each difficult days, i was trying to remind myself: "At least, my parents care about me, they understand, and do what they can to makes me feel better about this as they accept to remove the photo"

Then, my mom told me she was feeling bad. To feel better, she needed to have my visit only 2 days a week instead of 3, because she needed more time for house cleaning. Of course it was ok for me, as i want my mom to feel good, i accepted with no hesitation. She was happy that i care for her. She feel better.

And now, my photo has been put back on the furniture with the others.... The reason ? Because, she said: "you miss me during the days that we don't see each others, and i'm sad to not see your photo with the other photos".

What about me being sad ? What is the logic if she have time to see my photo but not to see me in real ? What about the idea of just watch my photo when she's alone but not display it on the furniture with other photos ? What happened to that "understanding" they had of my situation ? Parents no longer care i guess. It's too much important for them to put my photo on that stupid furniture. They prefer to see me on a photo rather than my visit, and they don't give a shit about me feeling sad if i'm single as they even want to remind me that i'm single with that photo.

I don't know what to do about this, their lack of understanding. I guess there's nothing i can do.

I think you just need to talk with them a bit more until they understand YOUR feelings. Get your point across; why you feel better if it's not there. Really get it through to them so that they realise and understand. Obviously they'd love you being there much more than a photo, that's just silly thinking the opposite way. It's there as a reminder that you're always with them if they have that photo. My mum does it all the time. She loves to decorate the house with photos of my older siblings with their partners in her room as it makes her happy just as much as your mother does with yours. Since me and my younger sis is single, she likes to put up ones we have with our friends or with the family. Do you have such photos? Maybe you can suggest that? Don't feel bad just because you're single in it, that's just a moment, you won't be alone forever, and you're not even alone. Stay positive.

And translation difficulties :P

Nah shes from the U.S - we talk on skype a lot and we have a lot in common, shes pretty much the definition of 'other half' for me.  

^ This is my life. ;_;

Yeah, It happens quite a lot if you let yourself fall into it. Even though I have 'feelings' for her at the same time Im realistic and know theres very little chance of it going beyond and internet thing but I will definitely go meet her one day. Ive never been to the US and ive always wanted to visit.

I still keep calling myself stupid anyway for falling for someone who lives on the other side of the world, but its not been easy rejecting my own feelings after shes quite a lot like the ex i dated for 4 years but knew for 2 or 3 years prior to dating. 

Ive told her that I like her anyway and she likes me too lol. I want to reach out and just cuddle the shit out of her but shes so far away :( 

-------

Im usually fine, Im good at avoiding situations like these and thats why ive been single for so long xD I havent found anyone who I really clicked with until me and her got closer and started sharing more about each other. Ive known her for 3 or 4 years though but since she was a friend of a friend, we didnt really talk 'talk' if you get me. 

Nah shes from the U.S - we talk on skype a lot and we have a lot in common, shes pretty much the definition of 'other half' for me.  

Yeah, It happens quite a lot if you let yourself fall into it. Even though I have 'feelings' for her at the same time Im realistic and know theres very little chance of it going beyond and internet thing but I will definitely go meet her one day. Ive never been to the US and ive always wanted to visit.

I still keep calling myself stupid anyway for falling for someone who lives on the other side of the world, but its not been easy rejecting my own feelings after shes quite a lot like the ex i dated for 4 years but knew for 2 or 3 years prior to dating. 

Ive told her that I like her anyway and she likes me too lol. I want to reach out and just cuddle the shit out of her but shes so far away :(

-------

Im usually fine, Im good at avoiding situations like these and thats why ive been single for so long xD I havent found anyone who I really clicked with until me and her got closer and started sharing more about each other. Ive known her for 3 or 4 years though but since she was a friend of a friend, we didnt really talk 'talk' if you get me. 

In my case sometimes I feel like he doesn't really understand what I say. His English isn't that good either. So I have to choose the right words lol. I'm still not sure what exactly he feels for me, because we haven't been talking for that long so far, but I definitely feel like we have some sort of connection. It's really frustrating. Especially being that far, like you said, that it's not really possible to see what it's like to spend time with that person and knowing that there's no chance for a real relationship. In my case there's also this gap called cultural differences :P It all makes me feel so stupid.

So you're a little more luckier than me :) I hope you get a chance to meet this girl.

I've been single for all of the 18 years that I've been alive. What mainly stops me from getting into a relationship is my mindset really. 
I say to myself, "You need to be taller and look for a nice car, not a crappy one". You could say that my persepctive of females is a bit, "skewed" from being on social media too much but I know it's all not true. Style of dress is a factor too, apparently to my mom and her friends, all guys need a blazer and suite to go on a date which will be expensive somewhat. (I can afford it though)

I'd go as far to say that my point of view is crushed a bit because I don't see many girls dating slim guys, instead they go for athletic figures and the guys who have way better jobs than me. Most girls say I'm funny and nice and my long eyelashes are the "winner" according to my family members but it's somewhat self doubt and internal conflict. 

These last couple of years I've been a Twitter junkie and girls have tried to get with me for an, "online" relationship but I find that a bit sketchy so I denied them despite talking to some for 2 years or less. I don't see how people can put all of their trust or feelings into a person online and never meet, that's waisted time from my POV. (half hearted?

I like to have at least 2 or 4 no more things in common with the girls I find which hasn't happened yet. Having only one thing in common is what has mostly kept me single all these years. My music taste, interests and more. I can truly say that no girl has ever gotten to experience my personality fully unveiled. At times I'll be sweet but then I'll get bored because we don't have much in common and just basically abandone/leave them. Sometimes with or without notice. 

No in real life relations yet but I'd definitely say that my IRL is working out 90% better than my online and if I set things straight within this year, I should be good (hopefully). 

There's nothing wrong with being picky. Go for something good, instead of forcing yourself into something not that good, which will end up with a drama in the end.

--

I like to have at least 2 or 4 no more things in common with the girls I find which hasn't happened yet. Having only one thing in common is what has mostly kept me single all these years. My music taste, interests and more. I can truly say that no girl has ever gotten to experience my personality fully unveiled. At times I'll be sweet but then I'll get bored because we don't have much in common and just basically abandone/leave them. Sometimes with or without notice. 

No in real life relations yet but I'd definitely say that my IRL is working out 90% better than my online and if I set things straight within this year, I should be good (hopefully). 

There's nothing wrong with being picky. Go for something good, instead of forcing yourself into something not that good, which will end up with a drama in the end.

I think I'd drop a few comments to this conversations since I have been together with my fiancé for over 4 years.

I don't think that being 'picky' is a good thing when it comes to relationships, nor deciding if someone is relationship material only based on your common interests. If I had been too picky or only cared about the number of our common interests, I would have never ended up with the love of my life.

I actually met him as a high school sophomore because I took a senior Finnish class. I heard him talking about external hard drives, and asked what kind of external hard drive he's gonna get. He isn't extraordinarily handsome, tall or charismatic. I wouldn't probably have even noticed him, if it wasn't for an old scar in his short-haired head that is currently just a small bald spot (skating accident haha). I actually asked him "what is that whole in your head", and then we started talking.

As it turned out, he is into cars, American rap (west side yooo), Dire Straits, motorcycles, computers and gaming. Back then I was into visual kei, k-pop, dancing, fashion, make up, hair extensions. We had zero things in common, but still we hit it off and have been together ever since. I love his humor more than anything, and he got me really into cars. I wrote an essay about electric cars in my physics finals, because I had been babbling about how much they suck. I started liking the things he liked, and vice versa.

Moral of the story? Don't be too picky. Don't be ridiculous and date only people who are at least THIS tall, have that kind of hair, that kind of eyes or people who like the exact same things you like. 

paradoxal good sis you live in Finland, your European 4/10 looking average college educated nice guy™ boyfriend is already miles ahead of what northern 'murrica typically offers tbh

ugly str8 NA boys will find someone to comfort their d. anyway, nothing wrong with not settling early.

I think I'd drop a few comments to this conversations since I have been together with my fiancé for over 4 years.

I don't think that being 'picky' is a good thing when it comes to relationships, nor deciding if someone is relationship material only based on your common interests. If I had been too picky or only cared about the number of our common interests, I would have never ended up with the love of my life.

I actually met him as a high school sophomore because I took a senior Finnish class. I heard him talking about external hard drives, and asked what kind of external hard drive he's gonna get. He isn't extraordinarily handsome, tall or charismatic. I wouldn't probably have even noticed him, if it wasn't for an old scar in his short-haired head that is currently just a small bald spot (skating accident haha). I actually asked him "what is that whole in your head", and then we started talking.

As it turned out, he is into cars, American rap (west side yooo), Dire Straits, motorcycles, computers and gaming. Back then I was into visual kei, k-pop, dancing, fashion, make up, hair extensions. We had zero things in common, but still we hit it off and have been together ever since. I love his humor more than anything, and he got me really into cars. I wrote an essay about electric cars in my physics finals, because I had been babbling about how much they suck. I started liking the things he liked, and vice versa.

Moral of the story? Don't be too picky. Don't be ridiculous and date only people who are at least THIS tall, have that kind of hair, that kind of eyes or people who like the exact same things you like. 

Sometimes, opposites do attract.

Girls can be quite picky here in the UK. but im not fussed about finding someone. Would be nice finding a gal to share my time with. but Its never an easy job as I dont hangout with the people i work with and the ones i do hang out with dont have many lady friends to invite out when we go for drinks.

Im just waiting for fate so to speak.

Mmmmm. So don't get too sucked in where I mainly go for images that are viewed from my mind but look on the bright side and perhaps give it a shot even if we don't have that much in common? I'm more opted to date a person in real life who I get along with and then all of the interests come later, I don't really look at height or eye color, hair?? sometimes. I don't like buns too much but I can definitely lay off the "or people who like the exact same things you like." thing.

Mmmmm. So don't get too sucked in where I mainly go for images that are viewed from my mind but look on the bright side and perhaps give it a shot even if we don't have that much in common? I'm more opted to date a person in real life who I get along with and then all of the interests come later, I don't really look at height or eye color, hair?? sometimes. I don't like buns too much but I can definitely lay off the "or people who like the exact same things you like." thing.

Yes, exactly! Give your eyes open and give everyone a chance and you will sooner or later find that special someone :)

I don't see it the same, or maybe I really lost interest in dating in general... I feel awkward when a guy tries to flirt with me, even an Asian guy creeped me out, so I wanted to avoid him. I don't have that problem with girls, though. Maybe I'm not into men? I like looking at the pretty ones on my screen, but in the real life it somehow doesn't work... I get creeped out, I don't want anything to do with any guy.

I don't see it the same, or maybe I really lost interest in dating in general... I feel awkward when a guy tries to flirt with me, even an Asian guy creeped me out, so I wanted to avoid him. I don't have that problem with girls, though. Maybe I'm not into men? I like looking at the pretty ones on my screen, but in the real life it somehow doesn't work... I get creeped out, I don't want anything to do with any guy.

So girls don't creep you out in real life or you have no problem talking to them?  And you like to look at pretty men on your computer/phone screen?

Yeah, I like looking at them... but in the real life men are often creepy and their behavior grosses me out... but if a girl is flirty (but not in a gross way), my reaction is different. I've never been romantically interested in a man, either. I don't know why is it like that, these things are confusing. I've never been abused by any man, so there's no reason for that.