Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

JoJo was gooood :3 also I was slight disappointed with the Assassination Classroom anime ending but for sure gonna read the manga

unsure whether to start owari no seraph manga (bc damn) or wait til the anime has completely finished

Also for anyone who watched an ep of Punch Line and thought nope, I implore you to continue bc it's literally one of my favourites :3

Assassination Classroom is getting a second season next winter. Story's not finished yet!

Seraph was pretty terrible imo. It lacked a lot.

Punch Line's start was such a mess but then it turned out to be one of my faves of the current season too. Really fun series.

Gunslinger Stratos just finished and it was better than I was expecting tbh

Not sure how many people are watching that...

I finished it a few days ago and while it wasn't anywhere near Seraph bad, it was still pretty bad. It could have been done so much better.

Assassination Classroom is getting a second season next winter. Story's not finished yet!

Seraph was pretty terrible imo. It lacked a lot.

What didn't you like about Serpah?

Is this comparatively to the manga or just in general? Bc i'm mostly excited to se where the story is going tbh > < (also I never tire of the bg art like whoa)

ohhhh and excited for the next assasination classroom :3 i'll see if I can wait it out til winter lol

Now that the season is nearing its ending, it's time to start thinking about what the summer brings us. I think I'll settle for:

Gangsta.

Durarara!!×2 Ten

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace

Gatchaman Crowds Insight

(Maybe:)
God Eater

Rokka no Yuusha

Chu Feng: BEE

The only reason I am not watching the new Dragonball series is because I haven't finished the rest yet. 

The summer season seems entirely focused on cutesy and girly stuff though, not at all my thing so I think it'll be a quiet time on anime for me. 

What didn't you like about Serpah?

Is this comparatively to the manga or just in general? Bc i'm mostly excited to se where the story is going tbh > < (also I never tire of the bg art like whoa)

ohhhh and excited for the next assasination classroom :3 i'll see if I can wait it out til winter lol

I've never read the manga but I'm sure it's a 1000 times better than what they did with the anime. Apart from the backgrounds and the music (I really like Sawano), everything was pretty horrible. The fight scenes (or lack thereof) looked like they animated them 10 years ago. The scripting was so terrible and with that they had this annoying thing where they kept repeating themselves as if they were addressing a crowd with the memory of a goldfish.

I have no issues with the whole typical story of main kid finding someone he thought to be dead, then going batshit upon meeting them again and having all the moral issues messing with his head. What I do find incredibly annoying is that the whole anime is nothing but bait to ship Mika/Yuu because I'm sure hardly anyone could even tell me what else happened during the past season.

In other words, to me the opening to the anime is better than the whole series combined. I went in expecting something and left not even getting half. This could have been so much better.

-------

In other news, can't wait for the next season of Durarara. It's only going to get better. Ranpo Kitan seems interesting too. Apart from those I'm probably going to check out way too many series again. I'll never learn.

I've never read the manga but I'm sure it's a 1000 times better than what they did with the anime. Apart from the backgrounds and the music (I really like Sawano), everything was pretty horrible. The fight scenes (or lack thereof) looked like they animated them 10 years ago. The scripting was so terrible and with that they had this annoying thing where they kept repeating themselves as if they were addressing a crowd with the memory of a goldfish.

I have no issues with the whole typical story of main kid finding someone he thought to be dead, then going batshit upon meeting them again and having all the moral issues messing with his head. What I do find incredibly annoying is that the whole anime is nothing but bait to ship Mika/Yuu because I'm sure hardly anyone could even tell me what else happened during the past season.

hmmm yeah I guess, but at the same time in my mind I still have high hopes for the second season bc it seems things are just starting...

and tbh shipping Mika/Yuu is a huge no go for me xD nope nada noooooohhhhhh

In other news, can't wait for the next season of Durarara. It's only going to get better. Ranpo Kitan seems interesting too. Apart from those I'm probably going to check out way too many series again. I'll never learn.

and same with the too many anime thing xD I think the only ones i've actively dropped this time are show by rock and vampire holmes, then the ones I'm probably also going to drop depending on time are houkago no pleiades and etotama (excluding the second season anime that i've not watched the prequels for)

Also i'm thinking ushio to tora could be fun, and have to admit that i am looking forward to Charlotte too > < (also drrr yasssss)

Which version of Record of Lodoss War do people generally consider the better one? I've been watching the OAV, and it's quite grueling to sit through. :lol:

Which version of Record of Lodoss War do people generally consider the better one? I've been watching the OAV, and it's quite grueling to sit through. :lol:

You're killing me, Cat ;______;

If you didn't like the OVA, then don't even bother with the TV. OVA is much better (and one of my favorites of all time)

just finished 'Ping Pong The Animation', and i looooved every bit of it. kept me entertained ´til the end. currently watching 'Brave 10' though

lol that is one of my favorite comedy animes of all times. old-school jokes are the best.

trying to give another chance to Tokyo Ghoul because my friend forced me to. 5 episodes in but it still awful, goddamnit!

trying to give another chance to Tokyo Ghoul because my friend forced me to. 5 episodes in but it still awful, goddamnit!

If you read manga, read the manga. It's great. You won't enjoy the anime unless you're just watching to see things get animated (and even then :/) + they changed the story and it hardly makes sense.

I do have to admit the last episode of the first season was really nicely done.

Okay so within the past week many have been coming to a close...

FSN: Unlimited Blade Works- what can I say, I love all of these that i've watched so far

Owari no Sepaph

Grisaia no Rakuen- which contrary to popular opinion I really enjoyed xD

Punchline

Gunslinger Stratos

Yamada-kun (kind of anticlimatic in an awww that was actually quite nice kind of way)

Danna ga nani wo " " " - S O CUTE

Re-Kan! - okay so I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would

Hibike! Euphonium- reminds me of my concert band days so instaWIN

Plastic Memories- was below my expectations

DanMachi- was on my expectations, enjoyed tho

Anime de Wakaru Shinriyounaika- cringy (very cringy) but still learnt a few things so I guess that was the aim

I think the only one left is Kekki Sensen which i'm not sure how they're gonna end it, but I definitley enjoyed it at the beginning and I think I might have had this highest hopes for this one (either way imma start the manga so)

Anyone know if houkago no pleiades or etotama was worth watching? (so i can make time for more generic anime of the summer season wwelp i have a problem)

also debating rewatching gatchaman before the second series....

just watched insight ep 0 and I could wing it.... is it worth rewatching? do i have time? we will see

If you read manga, read the manga. It's great. You won't enjoy the anime unless you're just watching to see things get animated (and even then :/) + they changed the story and it hardly makes sense.

I do have to admit the last episode of the first season was really nicely done.

i have few other mangas to read so i guess i'm gonna finish first season and see if it gets any better. 

Recently finished the first season of Digimon (wow that aged badly, really poor animation as well as music)

Started watching one piece, didn't like it so sticking to the manga

but my main is Trigun! As good as it is and as much as I enjoy it, there really doesn't seem to be much plot or storyline

Recently finished the first season of Digimon (wow that aged badly, really poor animation as well as music)

Started watching one piece, didn't like it so sticking to the manga

but my main is Trigun! As good as it is and as much as I enjoy it, there really doesn't seem to be much plot or storyline

please tell me you didn't watch the dub of Digimon... probably the single worse decision anybody could ever make xD

DanMachi had a horrible ending. I didn't realize it was the last episode until it said "Fin". All that build up and unresolved plot was disappointing. Really drops the show from great to mediocre.

Fate/Stay Night and Kuroko, however, had fantastic endings. Two of the best anime of the season. F/S:N can get awards for one of the best anime I've ever seen. Can't wait for Kuroko Extra Game with Team Vorpal Swords.

Ace of Diamond is heating up as well, although I don't find myself caring about anyone outside the core Seido members at all. The new members need a lot more character development.

Arslan Senki is enjoyable but the animation is fucking terrible. The fight scenes aren't even all that great, and the talking scenes look amateur at best. It's 2015 and they're cutting corners like it's 1995.

Still haven't finished Gunslinger Stratos or Owari no Seraph but both of them are convoluted snorefests of barely coherent material. They are both so bad, I might not even finish them.

Caught up with Ore Monogatari and it got a little boring for me.  The characters are a little too happy?? The only episode I really liked so far was about the friendship between Takeo and Suna. Well, I'll still continue watching it.

Other than that I started on Kyousougiga yesterday. It's very visually interesting and I love the characters so far~

I just marathoned inou battle wa nichijou-kei naka de and i'm really annoyed that they took the romance side intead of focusing more on the powers (style of romance reminded me of ushinawareta mirai wo motomete, although it fit in better with the latter and I enjoyed it more) but I really liked the concept for it and at the beginning I must admit I had higher hopes than I usually do for these kind of anime

as per going to check out the manga to see if it's any more coherent and explains the massive gaps in plot better (assuming the fact it's an anime is adding onto that fact) would be uit enice if there was a film on the supernatural powers bit (i feel a whole second series is a little bit out of the way) but it'd probably go down the uuugh cliche romance anime bit -_-

Ranpo Kitan seems interesting so far. "game" concept already got me.

Gangsta seems good so far as well.

I feel ranpo kitan could go either way depending on how it's executed, the concept I love also but i will definitely wait to see how it plays out

and gangsta seems the best out of the ones i've watched so far, that gate one i'll probably keep up for a bit (only watched first episode of outbreak company and the two seem to have strikingly simiolar roots so why not)

(((also that aoharu x kikanjuu one has its first episode to dl.... description seems perfect for a yaoi lol, but description says shounen and action so we will see *nooms off to watch that*)))

(only watched first episode of outbreak company and the two seem to have strikingly similar roots so why not)

That's something you should rectify really soon... Outbreak Company was really good, definitely one of the better shows from that season. It's a shame that the BD sales were abysmal for it, we'll probably never see a second season of it despite the fact that it was pretty popular over here in the west among online fans, just another case of Japanese anime fans not liking anything that doesn't have obscene amounts of ecchi scenes involved... of course that's not true for everything but a lot of shows that have uncensored BD's sell really well compared to non-ecchi shows.