Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

That last episode/scene is the only time I've ever cried watching a shounen other than One Piece.... Togashi x Madhouse is like the ultimate team.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr just ruined itself, and the ending of Hitsugi no Chaika was the opposite. The latter was a really amusing watch and I loved how the characters were somewhat "human". They got frustrated, annoyed, pissed off... kicked things because of it, and never went on long monologues while fighting, they just fought. It was somehow refreshing? I don't know, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the new season.

Still not sure what M3 is trying to be or going to end up being, but they're doing the dark/emotions type of mecha decently enough.

Finished both Break Blade and Sidonia no Kishi today. Break Blade was a very entertaining series and I really liked quite a few of its characters. Sidonia, on the other hand, is easily the best series I've watched this season. I was surprised with the announcement of a second season, but I'm sure happy about it. Hope it's at least as great as this one was.

yeah I'm glad Sidonia Got a second season announced so soon as well :)

Started Soul Eater today, after marathoning 20 episodes of KnB I pretty much saw enough basketball for at least a good month.

lol yeah... I'm glad I watched both seasons of Kuroko while they were airing week by week otherwise I'd probably have been burnt out as well xD Good choice on Soul Eater though... one of my favorites and the artstyle is still something I love to death.

Good choice on Soul Eater though... one of my favorites and the artstyle is still something I love to death.

I watched about 10 episodes today, got me totally hooked :D I love the artstyle!

always interested in that:

whats on your list for summer ppl?

everything probably... XD

EDIT: btw rewatching Giant Killing right now with a buddy because... well... world cup, nough said :D

always interested in that:

whats on your list for summer ppl?

Too many series...

But I guess I'm mainly here for Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror, and the new Hamatora season.

Just marathoned Sidonia no Kishi and I'm on board for S2 hype train.

Glad you liked it. I hardly know anyone who's watched it... Most people are taken aback by the 3D animation :/

Glad you liked it. I hardly know anyone who's watched it... Most people are taken aback by the 3D animation :/

The 3D animation was choppy at the beginning but it got better as the season progressed. I'm generally not a mecha fan, but if I had to describe it it would be as Attack on Titan in space. The thrill I got from watching it reminded me a lot of that anime which may be why I enjoyed it so much. The death flags were a bit too obvious but each death hurt anyway :(

RIP Benisuzume

The 3D animation was choppy at the beginning but it got better as the season progressed. I'm generally not a mecha fan, but if I had to describe it it would be as Attack on Titan in space. The thrill I got from watching it reminded me a lot of that anime which may be why I enjoyed it so much. The death flags were a bit too obvious but each death hurt anyway :(

RIP Benisuzume

True at the animation and the death flags. I think I can understand that AOT feel, even though I don't agree (and I didn't enjoy AOT myself).

Either way, the whole thing was really great in the end and put together wonderfully in my opinion. Can't wait for the next season, even though it won't be out till 2015.

(Also using AOT here because SNK might be confusing considering Sidonia No Kishi has the same abbreviation.)

After watching the finale of Black Bullet, I'm going to have to drop the rating for the show by a few points. What was that? So many plot holes and dangling threads that were never addressed?

• What happened to Enju's corrosion rate being important?
  • Why are the monoliths important?
  • What happened to the dick hole who threw the batteries into the water and never popped up again?
  • Why did the festival lights just happen to float towards the Flames of Revolution?
  • How did Seitenshi know they needed help and that the batteries didn't come?
  • Why did that guy that popped up at the end of the episode to play obligatory villain for all of fifteen minutes?
  • As the guy with money and glasses why the fuck would you accept that duel?!?
  • What happened to Kisara to cause her to change so fast? Talk about zero character development
  • When was Kisara all about vengeance? Wasn't she talking to Rentaro a few episodes ago about being a civil officer to change lives?
  • How does someone swing a sword to cause delayed spontaneous combustion faster than the speed of sound?
  • What is Kagetane's plan and why did he save the Tokyo Area if he wanted it to be destroyed by a Stage Five Gastrea earlier in the show? This should be his wet dream!
  • What kind of digital bomb freezes but still sends information back to the computer?
  • Why did it require manual force to explode?
  • Why didn't they just shoot a missile or two at Aldebaran to jump start the bomb?
  • What role did the blind girl with the lead in her eyes play? If she was so unimportant why did she show up in four different episodes?

And this is all in one episode! Mother of plot holes. I was expecting my questions to be answered but the last four episodes had lazy writing and felt like they were trying to do too much too fast. Still enjoyed watching the show but the actual rating is around 5.5-6.

After watching the finale of Black Bullet, I'm going to have to drop the rating for the show by a few points. What was that? So many plot holes and dangling threads that were never addressed?

• What happened to Enju's corrosion rate being important?
  • Why are the monoliths important?
  • What happened to the dick hole who threw the batteries into the water and never popped up again?
  • Why did the festival lights just happen to float towards the Flames of Revolution?
  • How did Seitenshi know they needed help and that the batteries didn't come?
  • Why did that guy that popped up at the end of the episode to play obligatory villain for all of fifteen minutes?
  • As the guy with money and glasses why the fuck would you accept that duel?!?
  • What happened to Kisara to cause her to change so fast? Talk about zero character development
  • When was Kisara all about vengeance? Wasn't she talking to Rentaro a few episodes ago about being a civil officer to change lives?
  • How does someone swing a sword to cause delayed spontaneous combustion faster than the speed of sound?
  • What is Kagetane's plan and why did he save the Tokyo Area if he wanted it to be destroyed by a Stage Five Gastrea earlier in the show? This should be his wet dream!
  • What kind of digital bomb freezes but still sends information back to the computer?
  • Why did it require manual force to explode?
  • Why didn't they just shoot a missile or two at Aldebaran to jump start the bomb?
  • What role did the blind girl with the lead in her eyes play? If she was so unimportant why did she show up in four different episodes?

And this is all in one episode! Mother of plot holes. I was expecting my questions to be answered but the last four episodes had lazy writing and felt like they were trying to do too much too fast. Still enjoyed watching the show but the actual rating is around 5.5-6.

I have yet to watch the last episode but I'm sure a possible second season and the fact it's adapted from still ongoing novels has something to do with that. Also... plotholes... This season was going too well and most series ruined themselves with their last few episodes. Sad.

Edit: So I did finish Black Bullet now and I must say that if they'd taken that second half of the episode as an after credits, and had said it was months later, I would have believed it. Now it was just ridiculous. Way to end an otherwise pretty good anime.

Also watched Tokyo Ghoul and loved it. Hope they continue like this and don't mess up any of the characters.

Bakumatsu Rock was a ridiculous mess and that's about all I have to say about it.

Randomly started Glasslip too and I wasn't disappointed. Kind of want to know what's up with the kid so I'll be watching that one next week too.

Free is just as ridiculous as always, but somehow I'm up for another season of Haru being Haru.

Actually first time im going to try to watch everything.

watched a few things today.

Tokyo Ghoul - Already planned to watch it and it didnt disappoint. My favourite of the ones i tried so far.

Argevollen - Well, everything was so over the top and rushed imo. didnt really like it = dropping

Glasslip - always hard to judge slice of life animes after one episode, but i liked it enough to keep going fo rnow.

Bakumatsu Rock - Probably wasnt THAT bad in the beginning, but then they activated their superpowers = garbage. never going to watch anything related to that again.

Locodol - didnt watch any idol anime before and didnt really have any hopes for it, but it was surprsingly cute and a bit funny. still going to watch for now.

Watched the first Episode of Sailor Moon Crystal. And I love it <3 (childhood in new look *-*)
It would have been better without the CGI for the transformations though. And, oh wonder, I think I won't hate this Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask XP

Loved Glasslip and am looking forward to next EP. 

Tokyo Ghoul is your average: "I don't want this, I want to return to normal wahhhh. But I will get used to it, and use this new  power to protect humanity" s***  (oh wait, SM is the same XD) + gore = I will continue watching until it  bores me or piss me off XD

(Others on my list for summer season: Barakamon, DRAMAtical Murder, Tokyo ESP and Zankyou no Terror and maybe: Aldnoah.Zero and Argevollen)

Tokyo Ghoul is your average: "I don't want this, I want to return to normal wahhhh. But I will get used to it, and use this new  power to protect humanity" s***  (oh wait, SM is the same XD) + gore = I will continue watching until it  bores me or piss me off XD

He's not really like that though. Kid's pretty useless for a good load of the manga chapters. I don't really think he uses his "new power" go protect humanity either. Well, not as far as the manga's translated.

Love it though. Hope they won't mess up the anime.

Tokyo Ghoul's first episode was so good. @_@

Was thinking of looking into this, getting mixed reviews but will give it a shot.

Any other cool shounen or 'art-house' anime recently or just starting?

Was thinking of looking into this, getting mixed reviews but will give it a shot.

Any other cool shounen or 'art-house' anime recently or just starting?

There should be Zankyou no Terror this Friday. Looking forward to that one. Ping Pong was pretty "arthouse" but you need to care at least a bit for the sport I guess. I found in strangely good.

sooo, first episode of tokyo ghoul was a bit of a mixed bag, i really don't like the main character (or any of the characters) so far.

also everything story-related is probably the most generic and obvious stuff that one can think of when speaking about sombie/vampire-esque shows in general, so this was pretty disappointing too.

that beeing said, the thing looks bloody brilliant, beautiful scenes and settings aswell als great animated and directed sequences (particularly liked the bit when trying to eat again...). who knows, could still obviously become more interesting, it's only been one episode so far...

first episode of free! eternal sth was nice aswell, pretty much what you'd expect, some bro-ing/friendshipstuffs, some sports, tons of fanservice and some brilliant animation.

started the new SOA too despite hating and dropping the first one after 15-ish episodes. so far the setup is nice and i'm genuinely interested what might happen in the course of the arc but i'm still very much positive that it'll be turning into some storytelling/pacing-trainwreck and overall low-level harem show again (the last scene + the ending/outro seem like a quality indication of that...)