Original Saku

Currently Airing & Watching Anime Discussion Topic

Finished watching Kill la Kill a few days ago, it was really fun! Also watched Coppelion these past days, I expected a bit more (story-wise) but it was okay enough.

Gonna start the 2nd season of Gin no saji tomorrow~ :)

^ Phi Brain is a very quality show, glad someone else is giving it a chance :D It's not the best show or anything, but it has it's moments.

I've started watching Ranma 1/2 again.  It's definitely one of my favourites.  

I want to re-watch all the ones I grew up with, like Project A-KO and Moldiver.

Also, anyone who likes mecha and strange stories/settings and isn't annoyed with not-your-standard animation, go watch Sidonia no Kishi. It's had me on the edge of my seat for the past two episodes. Really good.

I have Sidonia downloaded but haven't gotten to it yet... same with M3. I'll probably get on it pretty soon though because I've been hearing some good things about both :)

currently I'm obsessed with Mekakucity Actors I originally went into the show with no previous knowledge of Kagerou Project (KagePro for short) but after watching the first few episodes i got really interested in it and I ended up doing some research on it... I eventually came across this Tumblr post and started following the KagePro beginners guide there. Now i'm pretty obsessed, I haven't completed the entire guide, but I would definitely recommend anyone who is more interested in the series to check it out, I've found that the stuff I have recently discovered thanks to the music videos, manga, and the keen insight of the poster has more than doubled my enjoyment and understanding of the anime series. Not to mention I'm really digging some of this vocaloid music... It might be some of the best vocaloid stuff I've heard. Kagerou Daze <3

^ I know... it's one beast of a series, right now I'm reading parts 1-3 of the manga again just because I felt like it xD

...I eventually came across this Tumblr post and started following the KagePro beginners guide there...

how strong are the spoilers in this? because i'm also crashing pretty hard on mekakucity and want to know more about what is going on (so far it's still a bit confusing, although the general outline is sort of clear by now), but i don't want to spoil any major plotlines for myself...

better first finish the anime and then read the rest?

Well since the guide actually includes watching and reading the original source material which the anime is adapted from, it's very spoiler heavy xD Honestly in this case I think it's better to follow the guide first and spoil the anime... for several reasons in fact. The Songs which the entire series is based on are worth being in the know about since that just makes the experience so much more worthwhile when they appear in the anime. And really I'm digging the anime right now, but there is definitely some stuff that is lost from the source to the adaption, not to mention since it is SHAFT some things are a little confusing if you don't know the source before hand.

So I recommend following the guide and spoiling everything because the enjoyment level of the anime goes up tremendously after that, but then again it's up to you. I will say that that confusing feeling will disappear if you follow the guide. because not only do you read and watch the original source materiel but the blogger also explains everything about plot and story elements as well. So there no reason to be confused.

Finished watching all the Jojo's Bizzare Adventure S1. I'm floored. I haven't marathoned a shonen anime like this since the first 3 arcs of One Piece. Wow....

oh, i just started jewjew's s1 few days ago and it's really good! way too much pathos but still good.

and lol are you serious about first 3 arcs of one piece? i thought they were so fucking awful and boring, i was thinking about dropping the series even! but after ~200th episode it started to get more and more interesting so thanks god i didnt dropped it XD

^ yeah I'm avoiding that show this season, I'm just not in the mood to watch shitty shoujo reverse harem antics atm....

Not my type of show at all but I needed a random mess of something to get my spirits back up and it somewhat worked. At least it's just 12 episodes in total. I can deal with that.

ok, i'm just through and just wanted to say

holy fuckin' shit, i'm floored :o

(light novels is where it's at btw...)

I hope this whole light novel translation business lifts off because the west has been missing out. I need so many of those series I'll never get (unless I get back into studying Japanese which I'm fairly lazy with tbh)

Friend made me watch Kamigami no Asobi and all I can say is "what" now.

I am unfortunately stuck with that show too, regardless of how aggravatingly terrible that it is. Once I start watching a series I almost never drop it, simply because then I'd feel as if the time I spent on watching the episodes before my wish to drop it is wasted.

yeah I do the same, Sadly I'm incapable of completely dropping something once I start... it's a curse I wish I could do away with tbh. i just think about how I watched SAO all the way through for this very reason and I so wish I just would have dropped it after the first few episodes :emo:

I am unfortunately stuck with that show too, regardless of how aggravatingly terrible that it is. Once I start watching a series I almost never drop it, simply because then I'd feel as if the time I spent on watching the episodes before my wish to drop it is wasted.

yeah I do the same, Sadly I'm incapable of completely dropping something once I start... it's a curse I wish I could do away with tbh. i just think about how I watched SAO all the way through for this very reason and I so wish I just would have dropped it after the first few episodes :emo:

Exactly what always happens :/ Especially when it's short series. I somehow still need to get through Nobunaga the Fool but I'm behind :/

I somehow still need to get through Nobunaga the Fool but I'm behind :/

I dropped that show a week ago. Couldn't take anymore of its nonsense.

but I like Nobunaga the Fool :(  It's so much better than your run of the mill anime... the nonsense is why it's good tbh.

btw is anybody else really hype about the new Fate/Stay Night anime coming this year?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-08/fate/stay-night-2nd-promo-video-by-ufotable-streamed

that shit looks freaking amazing. and it's being wrote by the type-moon author (original author of the series) and it's supposed to be a clean route, technically we have no idea what's gonna happen.

LOL had to post this reaction video xD this guy has some of the best reactions to shit