Trombe

ex-メメント・モリ(memento mori) members new band "黒百合と影(kuroyuri to kage)" has formed

Interesting samples, although it definitely does feel like this album is -Ains-'s response to DEZERT.

Exactly what I thought! :)

Speaking of "old school", I spotted some "dissonant" (some might even say "hypnotic") arpeggios and trickeries that are more akin to Grieva's "old school" playing in those previews (call 'em "Ains-isms" if you will). So it's not really far-fetched...

Also: ever since when "Korn riffs" (oh yes, they *totally* created drop riffs, right?)  became a dreadful thing in vk music? I thought old, grumpy and nostalgizing folks liked music in the vein of Mucc's Zekuu or even demi-legendary Kuchiki no Tou? Just wondering :>

Oh don't get me wrong I far prefer these bands to the all the Nocturnal Bloodlust in the world, I think everyone does. It's just that this style never really went away after all the Kagerou, MUCC and whatnots pioneered it from 2000something onwards, so I don't really think this is particularly old school nor do I see the current fad of these more thematically darker bands ( compared only to three years ago. 2009 we had a ton of these ) as a revival of anything. One doesn't need to go back many years to have seen the scene full of bands that looked and sounded much akin to this one. 

I have honestly not seen a comment yet about them having old school sound. Where did you guys read that? :v 

Seikun has said "Very much like old school Visual Kei."

They for sure don't sound very oldschool. Neither do AvelCain for example (despite Seikun too always commenting on how they would).

I can see why people are comparing them to DEZERT though (both music and styling wise. Their vocalist also has a similiar look as Chiaki). But to be honest… I personally am not hooked by any preview. I guess I'll have to wait and see once the album is out if I like it (but so far I prefer the other Ains bands, gossip and grieva).

Second video, as soon as the song starts it sounds like old school bands, the lilt, etc etc. I'm not saying they sound completely old school; I'm saying there some of it.

Even though I liked some previews, and as I have complained about today's Visual kei, there is this monotone music, there isn't a leading guitar with a distinct melody throughout the song.

It's like when I listen to Kiryu, even though they make interesting music and all are very skilled, unfortunately the leading guitarrist tends to go for monotone sounds throughout their songs instead of creating melodies that stand out from the general sound in a song.

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge of technical terms when talking about music.

i like the lighting in the first pv, but i kind of on Jigs team for this. the second pv reminds me of kiryu unlike memento mori

This band is boring and too generic. Nice performance and all, but there are already too many goodactive bands sounding like old school acts. Their previous Kiryu wannabe project was way better.

This band is boring and too generic. Nice performance and all, but there are already too many goodactive bands sounding like old school acts. Their previous Kiryu wannabe project was way better.

\('ω')/ WELCOME TO VISUAL KEI \('ω')/

They basically were Kiryu with more metalcore before though lmao

I don't know the reason why Memento Mori had to disband, but given the fact that this new band sounds a bit like Memento Mori I tend to think that probably they wanted to add other melodies/sounds to their music but Memento Mori¿s style sounding so traditionally Japanese limited this possibility...