sai

[Band battle] Lycaon vs. Calmando Qual

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best?

why is every thread blackdoll encounter turns out to some bullshit?

feel free too ignore my hangouts if i piss you off so much lmao

When you go into vk you can totally expect those vocals for power metal or whatever. and that girl's vocal you can find others like her.

There is probably less than a handful of VK power-metal bands. Can you really define an expectaion of what VK power-metal sounds like vocally?  I associate Visual Kei more with rock music and a certain vocal sound, just in general but not definite. I don't see the point of bringing up gacharic spin when my critique is based on VK vocals on my very first post.

I have tried Lycaon before and wasn't impressed enough to follow them. Tried them again today due to the thread, still not impressed. The singer seems to be the typical singer I come to expect in VK. The band itself is good but not special imo.

he is a typical sounding VK vocalist

There is probably less than a handful of VK power-metal bands. Can you really define an expectaion of what VK power-metal sounds like vocally?  I associate Visual Kei more with rock music and a certain vocal sound, just in general but not definite. I don't see the point of bringing up gacharic spin when my critique is based on VK vocals on my very first post.

well yeah you can. by "a certain vocal sound" do you mean style, a way of singing? if so i agree with that and i guess we can end it here, though i'm kinda of lost now. well i did put gacharic spin at the end. and to be fair you said "any of the vocalists" not "any of the vk vocalists."

Guest Magatsu

"I n ever heard the other band" 

Then how can you choose Lycaon if you never ever did listen to Calmando Qual.

However to compare these 2 bands. it's odd.

They are so different.

Calmando Qual makes a much darker sound. Has much better quality. Knows how to make songs etc.

Yet because they do their best to much to make perfect sound song which many fans don't understand they won't be loved that much.

And their look isn't also helping with getting much more fans. 

Lycaon simply easy make what the mainstream fan does like, and it doesn't matter if it sounds good or not. fans like it anyway because of their amazing hot look. 

I simply choose Calmando Qual. Because they can make easy perfect sound song. without WTF elements etc. Also Hibiki is a way greater vocalist. and Tak an amazing guitarist. 

But I would prefer a band like lycaon because way more people like it. even if it sounds shit. :P

There is probably less than a handful of VK power-metal bands.

Really?. Jupiter, Versailles, Megaromania, Kamijo, Ruiza, Ancestral, Candy Drugers, Hikoboshi, Orochi, Falaris, Sex Virgin Killer, Vertex and Nameless One are a few of the ones I've stumbled upon, and I don't even look for these kind of bands as I don't like the type of power metal most of these are playing. People into this type of music could probably mention a lot more than this.

I only really know Calmando Qual's recent stuff, and I know even less about Lycaon, but Lycaon's image makes me cringe and I checked out a few songs and wasn't impressed, so CQ for sure.

....with them actually swallowing cum...

w-wait! WHAT!?!?! XD Now I have to go watch that PV....don't judge me. 

Anyway! Back on subject, I prefer Lycaon because overall I enjoyed way more of their songs then CQ. I've never actually listen to a CQ song more than once consciously. They usually just pop up randomly in my player while I'm engulfed in working on art or something. Lycaon, I still have all of their songs before their bassist and drummer left them and listen to them daily.  

Calmando Qual makes a much darker sound. Has much better quality. Knows how to make songs etc.

Yet because they do their best to much to make perfect sound song which many fans don't understand they won't be loved that much.

And their look isn't also helping with getting much more fans. 

Lycaon simply easy make what the mainstream fan does like, and it doesn't matter if it sounds good or not. fans like it anyway because of their amazing hot look. 

I simply choose Calmando Qual. Because they can make easy perfect sound song. without WTF elements etc. Also Hibiki is a way greater vocalist. and Tak an amazing guitarist. 

But I would prefer a band like lycaon because way more people like it. even if it sounds shit. :P

mainstream really? They have a little more fans, but not much. the bands you want are Mejibray and diaura  and as i thought Lycaon is now losing with the voting. greater vocalist when he not really doing anything? while yuuki has been expanding what he can do and experimenting from day one, same goes with the bands really.  the success here doesn't have to do with appearance its more like Avelcain and and grieva are where its at for that stuff

and this song pretty much dismisses everything your saying

Can someone make a poll for Avelcain vs Grieva next?

Guest Magatsu

Lolz you are just lycaon fan. You know nothing about calmando.

Yuukis voice sound same as 100000 of othet vocalits.

Hibikis voice is unique and he can do a lot with it.
And the song you preview they did do a lot of pc edit. Its not hibikis live voice. That song live sounds way different. But i guess you didn't ever saw that song live.

And oww yes success has also to fo with looks a lot.

But as i said you are just a lycoan fan. Ya know nothing about calmando

And I don't give a fuck if you don't like Calmando Qual. I really don't give a fuck. Just like your HOT Yuuki :3

Are people actually getting all up in their feels over this or?

People like what they like, it's no use arguing over "which is better" because you're never going to get anywhere with it. 

With that said, I chose CQ simply because I like them more than Lycaon. I've tried countless times to get into them but they just don't appeal to me that much. Don't get me wrong, they're great at what they do, but CQ is just a favorite of mine in general. 

well yeah you can. by "a certain vocal sound" do you mean style, a way of singing? if so i agree with that and i guess we can end it here, though i'm kinda of lost now. well i did put gacharic spin at the end. and to be fair you said "any of the vocalists" not "any of the vk vocalists."

Like miyuu, you are purposely misconstrueing what I say. I find this quite rude. Show me the post where I wrote "any of the vocalists", hell I even quoted my own posts and highlighted VK in red in my previous reply to you to ensure we are on the same topic.

Really?. Jupiter, Versailles, Megaromania, Kamijo, Ruiza, Ancestral, Candy Drugers, Hikoboshi, Orochi, Falaris, Sex Virgin Killer, Vertex and Nameless One are a few of the ones I've stumbled upon, and I don't even look for these kind of bands as I don't like the type of power metal most of these are playing. People into this type of music could probably mention a lot more than this.

I haven't tried many of those bands but Kamijo is rock. Megaramonia is quite a stretch to say that they are power metal, I consider them just metal same for D, Jupiter and Versailles.

Even then, you listed less than a good sample size to actually determine what a certain genre would sound like. Jupiter, Versailles, D, Megaramonia don't sound like each other at all.

Like miyuu, you are purposely misconstrueing what I say. I find this quite rude. Show me the post where I wrote "any of the vocalists", hell I even quoted my own posts and highlighted VK in red in my previous reply to you to ensure we are on the same topic.

ok here

I don't see how any of the vocalists in those bands sound typical. Similar (Kamijo and Juka) sure but not typical. I don't even listen to Jupiter anymore, I can't stand ZIN no matter how hard I try to focus on the instrumentals instead. 

Lolz you are just lycaon fan. You know nothing about calmando.

Yuukis voice sound same as 100000 of othet vocalits.

Hibikis voice is unique and he can do a lot with it.

And the song you preview they did do a lot of pc edit. Its not hibikis live voice. That song live sounds way different. But i guess you didn't ever saw that song live.

And oww yes success has also to fo with looks a lot.

But as i said you are just a lycoan fan. Ya know nothing about calmando

And I don't give a fuck if you don't like Calmando Qual. I really don't give a fuck. Just like your HOT Yuuki :3

No, Im not just a Lycaon fan, im also a fan of Grieva and Brutal deathcore (which Lycaon could pull off (it would have to be technical because satoshi likes his guitaring), while CQ would fail at it), DM, and some core and weaker metal.

You know nothing about Yuuki he can sing with raw emotion and feelings which you can feel once you let him into the driver seat (compassion, anger, rage, sex, lust, desire, sadness, ect.), you can tell he knows what its like to live but also what its like to be in despair bring joy and relief to his true listeners. its natural though that not everyone hear this, but Hibiki sounds like another mucc and merry vocalist as i said before being nothing special at all.

success has  to do with looks a lot yess but not here CQ just is not that good and they're are better "modern old schoolers".

Ichiro might be hotter than yuuki but we will see

ok here

How in the flying fuck does "I don't see how any of the vocalists in those bands sound typical." = "any of the vocalists" ????????

Mind you, the post I replied to is you listing VK bands and you yourself excluded Gacharic Spin because they weren't VK. 

ichiro

Calmando Qual(as i said before), sel'm, juka, kamijo  jupiter . Gacharic Spin too but i guess they don't count since they are in "general".

As I said

JukaForever, on 06 Jul 2014 - 9:59 PM, said:snapback.png

I don't see how any of the vocalists in those bands sound typical. Similar (Kamijo and Juka) sure but not typical. 

The bands that reply was meant for was for the VK bands: Calmando Qual, sel'm, juka, kamijo  jupiter . 

You are picking and choosing bits of my posts and putting meaning into them which I never intended to be taken as. If you don't understand your own posts nor have the intelligence to understand mine, why bother trying to reply to me at all?

How in the flying fuck does "I don't see how any of the vocalists in those bands sound typical." = "any of the vocalists" ????????

Mind you, the post I replied to is you listing VK bands and you yourself excluded Gacharic Spin because they weren't VK. 

As I said

JukaForever, on 06 Jul 2014 - 9:59 PM, said:snapback.png

The bands that reply was meant for was for the VK bands: Calmando Qual, sel'm, juka, kamijo  jupiter . 

You are picking and choosing bits of my posts and putting meaning into them which I never intended to be taken as. If you don't understand your own posts nor have the intelligence to understand mine, why bother trying to reply to me at all?

but i said "i guess" meaning extra addon meaning they could be counted in your reply since you didn't exclude them till later.

anyway can we get back to the subject before a mod slaps us. by "a certain vocal sound" do you mean style, a way of singing?

I haven't tried many of those bands but Kamijo is rock. Megaramonia is quite a stretch to say that they are power metal, I consider them just metal same for D, Jupiter and Versailles.

Even then, you listed less than a good sample size to actually determine what a certain genre would sound like. Jupiter, Versailles, D, Megaramonia don't sound like each other at all.

No. All the ones I mention are power metal. I know because I've heard all of them. I've only heard Simphony of the Vampire, but that EP is pure symphonic power metal and therefore I consider Kamijo power metal. Unlike Kamijo, Megaromania does bring in more elements from other genres to their music, but the band are rooted very much in power metal.

I never tried to show anyone what a certain genre would sound like, I just thought your comment on VK power metal were a bit silly since someone like me, someone who doesn't like much modern sounding power metal bands at all, easily could mention more than a handfull VK power metal bands. Was nothing more to it.

On topic: only heard Lycaon which are awful. Doubt Calmando Qual can be any worse, but since I only heard one I won't vote.

Guest Magatsu

@GAZ

Why should I? those people never really did listen to Calmando Qual, and I doubt they ever would understand Calmando Qual. So they won't give up fangirling LYCAON :P

I don't care if they would live forever in the LYCAON dream world :3

and yet still this proves that Hibiki is a very good vocalist.

Also this song is written in about.. 1 hour only. at the same freaking day.

And it's freaking LIVE.

But the dyhard LYCAON fan. no the typical VKei fan wouldn't understand such thing.

Calmando Qual is totally not general..

Hibiki's voice is not the same as Yuka, Kamijou etc. vocalist. I never heard a freaking vocalist who sounds like Hibiki oO

from BLACK DOLL

but Hibiki sounds like another mucc and merry vocalist as i said before being nothing special at all.

Mucc vocalist, Merry Vocalist. oh my god.. both can't sing. But Hibiki can sing... and their vocoices are not that strong

I so doubt that BLACK DOLL ever has seen Calmando Qual live. or did listen through there whole discography for at least 50x. From 2001 until now.

Beause then you truly notice how variate the guys are. EVEN if they are already OLD. but AGE doesn't matter. since they truly know how music instruments work. They only need a sound check of 10min if time is short. no even 5min is enough.

But once again. I truly don't really care if people don't like Calmando Qual.

They simply should live in their own dream would that bands such as LYCAON are simply the best. Just believe it :3 I really don't care.

--

I so doubt that BLACK DOLL ever has seen Calmando Qual live. or did listen through there whole discography for at least 50x. From 2001 until now.

Beause then you truly notice how variate the guys are. EVEN if they are already OLD. but AGE doesn't matter. since they truly know how music instruments work. They only need a sound check of 10min if time is short. no even 5min is enough

--

I didn't want to take part in this until I saw this.

If one has to see the band live, listen to through their whole discography 50 times and be a fan since 2001 just to notice the variety in their music, then I really doubt the band is so great after all.

[sarcasm]

I doubt that you haven't seen Lycaon live AND listened to their whole discography at least a gazillion times AND been their fan since Yuuki was born. So, I guess you aren't competent enough to say that you like Calmando Qual more than Lycaon, because you aren't an expert in Lycaon's music too.

[/sarcasm]

Sounds pretty stupid, right?

Guest Magatsu

@paradoxal

Lolz I've listend to Lycaon more than you think... I even wanted them to go to EUROPE. I've their  discography on my PC. :D and I did listen to it a lot.

And why do I say "50x"? easy easy... Because then you are someone who takes "Calmando Qual" serious and then you know and understand their music for 100%.

If you only did listen to them for like 10x. Then it's impossible to know/understand them. but that's FOR all bands. not only Calmando Qual.

So 50 times just stands for "more than a few times"

But simply no.. Lycaon isn't that skilled as Calmando Qual is.

And once again. I don't give a SHIT if you don't agree.

Because for me Calmando Qual is way more skilled and I don't care if Lycaon is for you way more skilled and way more better.

And I'm also a Lycaon fan. Just I prefer Calmando Qual way more.

I don't care if they would live forever in the LYCAON dream world :3

and yet still this proves that Hibiki is a very good vocalist.

Also this song is written in about.. 1 hour only. at the same freaking day.

And it's freaking LIVE.

Beause then you truly notice how variate the guys are. EVEN if they are already OLD. but AGE doesn't matter. since they truly know how music instruments work. They only need a sound check of 10min if time is short. no even 5min is enough.

If u could only live in that dream world forever, but since Rentrer en soi died, i think they they will too some day

to be honest i wasn't impressed. he maybe ok technically but I go by what within. and oh yeah i can still hear the mucc in that voice 

about CQ your right but in there case i really dont hear how thats needed. Yuuki live doesn't really try except in like a few songs like take this 2 min song (marigold is gone)   http://youtu.be/CnF3IRlGCRc?t=5m43s it may be shit technically but it is him, not the "i have a good voice so i'll sing" that why i dont care if people dont him or his band just only when they insult them.

i will let her do the talking for Lycaon I'm done(dont get me wrong im not in love with them, but they do wonders) and all the shit sayers probably love a shit band so im good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF_ntZ02alk

Edited by blackdoll