Jigsaw9

DIR EN GREY new album and DVD release

I think "Promotion edit ver." -subtitle should be noted since DEG are quite known for cutting "the best parts" away from such versions (compare: Rinkaku's promotion edit ver.).

About samples: "Cause of fickleness" and "Phenomenon" sound very Vulgar/Kisou-y to me. Kind of nice so far :)

I think "Promotion edit ver." -subtitle should be noted since DEG are quite known for cutting "the best parts" away from such versions (compare: Rinkaku's promotion edit ver.).

Yep, I was thinking about that also. It definitely felt like the ending got cut short.

lmao they're releasing the most generic song and pimp a lyrics video for it as well? coming for billboard under 200 hard, hide your iggy, pray 4 nicki minazi

I like how it sounds. itoshisa feels and such.

I miss the times when they were br00tal instead of this soft ass pseudo-avant garde shit. Let's hope the other half is better than this.

so you basically miss the entire marrow of the bone period, or what?

I didn't like sukekiyo, but it wasn't half as good as this track.

it's a terrible "single" choice, but not a bad song.

lmao they're releasing the most generic song and pimp a lyrics video for it as well? coming for billboard under 200 hard, hide your iggy, pray 4 nicki minazi

Fun tidbit: They won't have The End Records releasing 'ARUKEH' (had to imitate that narrator, sorry)  overseas though (as in US), so I highly doubt that they will reach billboard this time lol.

Fun tidbit: They won't have The End Records releasing 'ARUKEH' (had to imitate that narrator, sorry)  overseas though (as in US), so I highly doubt that they will reach billboard this time lol.

considering how much (embarrassing) effort went into this album promotion already, I won't be surprised if they get a distribution deal with sony in north america. what's the point in spending money for that silly concept promo and a lyric video (do j-pop bands bother with those, for example? idk)

on a side note, can this thing leak already

Fun tidbit: They won't have The End Records releasing 'ARUKEH' (had to imitate that narrator, sorry) overseas though (as in US), so I highly doubt that they will reach billboard this time lol.

I'm sorry, "fun" tidbit? "Fun?" I don't think so :P

... Kidding, not that it matters much. While I'm sure that US editions have sold considerably well in the past, I'm also sure that a larger number of us in North America either get the original Japanese versions since there's more artwork (and the special edition cases aren't cheaply made), or we buy it digitally.

So as long as Sony distributes on iTunes (like they did 輪郭 and Sustain the untruth), everything should be fine. However, I'd be surprised if Sony themselves distributed a physical copy for North America.

Holy shit these previews *___*

That's what they said about DSS.. you people are funny. That's 10 seconds of Dir en grey for you and you're all like OOHH S GONNA BE AWESOOME or OOH IT WILL SOOCK. People just never learn.

btw I still like DSS. I know that's like a sacrilege as a Dir en grey fan.

When it first came out I listened to it a few times; but since 2011 I don't think I've listened to the entire record once. Some tracks needed to be cut or refined to not be so repetitive, though there are highlights such as The Blossoming Beezlebub, Ruten no tou, and parts of Diabolos. It's a decent album that lacked the cohesion of Uroboros. Even the single Different Sense gets boring after hearing how bland the guitar parts are. I guess the guitar solo in DS is alright though.

That's what they said about DSS.. you people are funny. That's 10 seconds of Dir en grey for you and you're all like OOHH S GONNA BE AWESOOME or OOH IT WILL SOOCK. People just never learn.

I liked DSS, and still enjoy it to this day.

I remember when the samples first released for DSS (on amazon I think), I remember freaking out too saying it was going to be amazing as well. 

Now that I've come back to earth, I'm gonna hold back my excitement and try to bring my expectations back down.

I love that this album is shaping up to be a bit more melodic though; that's when Dir en grey is at their best, imo. But again, we still have no idea... we've only heard such a small percentage here. 

I like DSS for the most part. I just prefer listening to the well done live versions of the songs. And Different Sense will always be one of the top 5 Dir songs because its very well executed and that solo is awesome. 

As for this new song, its pretty chill and the more i listen to it, the more i like it. Doesn't hit me like my potential favs do though. 

Once again, I like the even tracks the best. lol I can tell "The inferno" will be my least favorite already. "Behind a vacant image" sounds cool.

Damn you people sure know how to make definitive statements based off of 10 second samples...

"that went downhill"

"Mediocre album"

"DSS/Uroboros like"

"Going to be their best album"

"Going to be their worst album"

etc etc etc...

I have enjoyed the majority of what I've heard, but in no way can I make any kind of definitive statement about how this album will turn out. 

Like I said, I remain optimistic that this album will deliver. 

However, might I be mistaken? Most definitely.

Damn you people sure know how to make definitive statements based off of 10 second samples...

With a band like Dir en grey, I imagine many people's minds are already made up. If heavy = "DSS/Uroboros", then music is fucked. Thanks for ruining music, Dir en grey.