Trombe

グリーヴァ(Grieva) new maxi single & mini album release

Wow, Shuuen is really a great release, better than I expected.

This is what I was waiting for so long, not only a contemporaneous band to make old school Visual Kei music, but take it a little further and improve the sound as musical experience is gained through time.

They sound a bit less Dir en grey and it seems to me they have been listening to other old school Visual Kei bands. Kind of they are finding their own old school VK sound.

These guys are very talented and if they continue together for a long time I hope they become a pattern and standard.

What? Another release?

I'm not so sure I liked the preview. It will take some time I guess.

I think they should stick to no more than 12 songs a year. Too many might mean not that good music, even though good is relative here.

The live limited single would cost you an arm and a leg: http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h186049950

17,000 Yen starting bid, so even if it doesn't rise higher with proxy shipping fees and stuff you probably end up with likwe 200$ for a CD with 2 songs. XD

1 相剋ノ

2 無常成ル世界ノ解答

無常成ル世界ノ解答 is releasing as a live limited CD... damn , who's gonna buy it at that price ??

I wanna hear this track so much !

does anyone know if that's the final cut the quality is not good like in shuuen?

and suck it old schoolers, grieva will always have a foot in new school. next step for the is more songs like dead end and bondage!

Couldn't give less shit about their look honestly. Though it's good to see them finally wearing something that differs heavily from their previous costume sets.

I can't say much about the song though, the preview is way too short for me, but I really like the end, starting at ca. 0:33. I wouldn't call it new school as it still clearly has the pre-2006 VK  sound and vibe. But let's just wait and see when the full thing comes out. (also I agree that they should take more time for writing. I am feeling that their output just starts to sound the same. I still have problems with Shuuen not having as much outstanding songs as their debut, which on the other side was just diru covers).

So this is what today's oldschool vk sounds like? I see, I see...

nope. among all those "oldschool kei" bands grieva are the least inspired, imo. today's oldschool sounds more like this, this or this

Every time i try to give this band a try i hear the same thing again and again. I liked some songs on their debut album like Kikei and tokage but after that... ehhh

So this is what today's oldschool vk sounds like? I see, I see...

Well, they are inspired by mostly the late 90s, early 00s bands. Their first releases were pretty much Gauze era Dir en grey worship. But they do indeed sound a whole lot more modern than other groups you'd label nowadays as "Kote kei". Their output is a weird mix of songs, that have Kuroyume qualities, that are Dir en grey imitations or are more 2003-ca. 2008 VK material. (I hope it stays that way. I don't need Grieva to become another boring wannabe br00tal Metalcore band)

Also "today's oldschool" is really hard to find, I think. La'veil Mizeria may be the only ones doing it straight and then there is also Ant1nett, but there are actually no "real" oldschool bands existing today. All the oldschool inspired or influenced bands have in some way incorporated modern VK elements (see Madiduor, Metis Gretel and so on). But I could be wrong, I am not an expert on this.

Every time i try to give this band a try i hear the same thing again and again. I liked some songs on their debut album like Kikei and tokage but after that... ehhh

Did you try out their latest album? Many people have said that 十字架二捧グ赤イ××× has these Kuroyume-ish vibes, which was the case for kikei as well. Their second album may not be as diverse as their first, but it has some good moments. (the songs are also much calmer, in my opinion)

Too many songs in just one year might not be a good idea... :wan-03:

I liked Shuuen but just a few songs, more specifically, the last ones were kind of unnecessary.

They shouldn't sacrifice their talent by composing too many songs at once. Composition needs time in order to refine what it is being created. I suppose...

However the song still sounds old school. I didn't pay much attention to their looks. Kyouki reminded me of one of Kyo's old looks.

Actually it's the first time I like a preview, I hope I like their new single as much as their first album, everything in between was just so meh. 

Well, they are inspired by mostly the late 90s, early 00s bands. Their first releases were pretty much Gauze era Dir en grey worship. But they do indeed sound a whole lot more modern than other groups you'd label nowadays as "Kote kei". Their output is a weird mix of songs, that have Kuroyume qualities, that are Dir en grey imitations or are more 2003-ca. 2008 VK material. (I hope it stays that way. I don't need Grieva to become another boring wannabe br00tal Metalcore band)

1) they dont want to be brutal just cool (like the gazette said in their mtv8 interveiw). Its all about appealing to the fans, and most people cant handle brutal. If they did want to be brutal there would be no clean singing, step up their harsh vocal game x100. look at coderebirth like 90% metalcore on the instrumental but the harsh had nothing going on. nocturnal blood just is just a joke with "are you ready to party," "jump around" and how they act in pv's and with most of their songs. brutal just isnt a part of vk

2) when has grieva even showed signs of becoming a metalcore influence vk band even counting reload?

It is not us who said they make old school Visual Kei music first.

GRIEVA: "Successors of the good old times"

狂鬼: 古き良き時代の継承者。