Trombe

グリーヴァ(Grieva) new maxi single & mini album release

It is not us who said they make old school Visual Kei music first.

GRIEVA: "Successors of the good old times"

狂鬼: 古き良き時代の継承者。

well he lied! lmao

well he lied! lmao

With a band like GRIEVA one never knows what to expect.

Maybe what they want to do is to repeat the same old formula, going from the ideal indies Visual Kei style to a mainstream one, a similar journey to that of Dir en grey.

Maybe GRIEVA will get back to old school Visual Kei in future releases.

Who knows...

Anyway, the song in the latest preview still sounds old school VK, it's just that maybe it sounds a bit less inspired. Perhaps composing so many songs in such a short period of time is not a good idea...

With a band like GRIEVA one never knows what to expect.

Maybe what they want to do is to repeat the same old formula, going from the ideal indies Visual Kei style to a mainstream one, a similar journey to that of Dir en grey.

Maybe GRIEVA will get back to old school Visual Kei in future releases.

Who knows...

Anyway, the song in the latest preview still sounds old school VK, it's just that maybe it sounds a bit less inspired. Perhaps composing so many songs in such a short period of time is not a good idea...

No i mean, they stared off as reload, not old school at all. then there is songs like Kodoku Ningyou Shoukougun, then riffage like at 1:57 in 甘イ右脳、赭イ左脳。

No i mean, they stared off as reload, not old school at all. then there is songs like Kodoku Ningyou Shoukougun, then riffage like at 1:57 in 甘イ右脳、赭イ左脳。

yeah way too much facts againsts them to say they are trying to play an old school D:

I didn't get much old school VK feeling from the preview, but Oni to kage sounds like someone took a bunch of late 90's-early 00's VK songs and wrapped a modern production around them.

The preview sounds alright. They look like shit, though.

Yeah, digging the cover art! :)

...and while we're at it, here's the art for the webshop-limited version of the same single...

dfeec7.jpg

...and the newly revealed cover of the mini album coming in October!

2wdsuuu.jpg

So good, vocals are greatly improved

meh to me it sounds like he trying something newish (1st track).

anyway not fair only 2 new songs. right now the soft song is winning(got some RES swag going on) because some of the playful vocals are <<<<<<<<<. anyway great as always

Nice samples, but my favorite so far is track number 3. 僕の自殺理論. I wanted to listen to a strong sinister melody like that one in the sample.

I need to listen to the full version of 僕の自殺理論!!

I suppose that is the lead guitar (I don't know the technical terms for this) but one of the guitars with its kind of eccentric melody reminds me of Chocoripeyes (Vidoll).

The chorus vocals on 僕ノ自殺理論 sound a bit different from those of the music video preview. Maybe kyoki must have done a last minute retake?

Either way, liking everything so far, this is getting me psyched for the mini-album that I keep forgetting about!

The chorus vocals on 僕ノ自殺理論 sound a bit different from those of the music video preview. Maybe kyoki must have done a last minute retake?

Either way, liking everything so far, this is getting me psyched for the mini-album that I keep forgetting about!

i thought it was just a demo ver in the pv preview

Since 甘イ右脳、赭イ左脳 all the other subsequent PVs by Grieva seem to be heavily protected from being uploaded on any site... I still want to watch Tsumi PV.