Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY new single "SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH" release

Actually yes it should, but people get caught up in discussion so what are you gonna do xD

If people would like to continue this discussion further please do so HERE otherwise from this point on please try to stay on topic and discuss only things pertaining to the news at hand.

~ Saku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBMdTtwiUQ

Full single on YT, guys.

Such a good title song tbqh (very Vulgar-ish at some parts) and yeah, I haven't heard DEG doing constant wah-wahing for awhile.

And about Ruten no Tou's acoustic remake - they definitely need to make more acoustic songs in the same vein...

It's obviously not as good as Rinkaku, but it sounds like it might be on par with The Unraveling, or just a bit weaker. Hard to say after just one listen.

Title track's not bad. Tho I have a feeling it'll be like their previous post-DSS songs, i.e. I like it upon first few listens then completely forget about it. xD

oh god when this guy sings and don't just do constant high and lows, whispers and growls.

i mean don't get me wrong i wouldn't like deg as much probably if they weren't strange at some parts.

but i love the melody and his normal singing voice too. that sometimes feels like he doesn't want to use anymore

i was thinking about dss lately and i think what i miss most of old deg is the singing melody in some parts.without falsetto.the melody(i don't know how to describe it) somewhere at least after the screams.between the screams.

that i feel they really want to do less as possible these days in singing.

he does the same like his side project.either whispers or do falsetto. only in deg i like it so much more the way he does it than the side project

Even for most of the quirks in the song, it's incredibly straight forward. I like it; but I'd probably lump it with their most recent singles in terms of quality: solid but that's really it.

Is Kyo capable of singing without whining anymore? Dear God.

x2

can someone ask him in an interview why does he never stop with the falsetto

and why he likes it so much, because i don't get it.

can someone explain to me ,am i missing something?

sometimes i miss his clear singing voice

edit:i think my fav here is Ruten no Tou but of course he had to do falsetto again somewhere..

also guess what my fav part from STU is .like the one second when he uses clean voice somewhere

I don't get all these comparisons to old Diru, like Vulgar etc. It fits perfectly into the row of Rinkaku and Unraveling, and nowhere else...in my opinion. But I get now why Kaoru and Toshiya spoke of "simplicity". There would be really no better way to describe that song. The unpresent vocals and the only time the song actually gets some substance is in the chorus... I mean it's not so far from their past work, considering Kaoru's quote on saying "Unraveling is not representative for their current direction. Because it totally is. Sounding crazy and avant-garde, no matter what.

It didn't grow on me at all by the first listen, the chorus gets boring quickly. Maybe after a few more listens.

x2

can someone ask him in an interview why does he never stop with the falsetto

Why do you think you're supposed to get it? It's just a strange question to ask. He's another human being at the other end of this world and he has a different taste on music and expression. Get used to it or don't. :)

Won't let me play it, says there was a copyright claim and it isn't available anymore. I really can't wait to hear this though. I've been loving the previews and Ruten no Tou is one of my favorite songs.

EDIT: I'm dumb. I'm on mobile and didn't know there was another page. So I took a listen. It was really good. I totally approve!

I don't get all these comparisons to old Diru, like Vulgar etc. It fits perfectly into the row of Rinkaku and Unraveling, and nowhere else...in my opinion. But I get now why Kaoru and Toshiya spoke of "simplicity". There would be really no better way to describe that song. The unpresent vocals and the only time the song actually gets some substance is in the chorus... I mean it's not so far from their past work, considering Kaoru's quote on saying "Unraveling is not representative for their current direction. Because it totally is. Sounding crazy and avant-garde, no matter what.

It didn't grow on me at all by the first listen, the chorus gets boring quickly. Maybe after a few more listens.

Why do you think you're supposed to get it? It's just a strange question to ask. He's another human being at the other end of this world and he has a different taste on music and expression. Get used to it or don't. :)

because i find him interesting as person/artist and i am really curious & i care of what he thinks and of his opinion duh. but of course i am sure if someone asks him in interview he wouldn't be serious.and just say something irrelevant.

also i can say my opinion.can't i? and of course i am not the person who follows someone blindly no matter what.and i don't support this attitude.

if i stop liking someone's music , be sure i will stop listening to him.

It fits perfectly into the row of Rinkaku and Unraveling, and nowhere else..

also i agree so much with this.the only thing this reminds me is unraveling or latest works.

nothing from the past. i thought to not mention it but since you said it. i was thinking the same.

i mean vulgar?wtf you people. (edit:i mean if you see the song as a whole i could never imagine it in that album)

edit:also i agree with people that say it gets boring quickly.but i thought maybe it does to me because of the lack of clear vocals.

can someone explain to me ,am i missing something?

sometimes i miss his clear singing voice

singing in high pitch is way easier than doing a decent singing mid/low range voice

kyo really reminds me of what happened to chris corner through, like, ten or so years (compare

/
), they literally rely on the same pussy singing shortcuts

kyo has the luxury of fronting a still decent band, though, and is still being creative with his voice now and than.

i am not a singer so i have no clue. but i thought in my head high pitch was more difficult, not easier.i didn't know.

i get being creative ,but sometimes feels obsessed like never stops

singing in high pitch is way easier than doing a decent singing mid/low range voice

kyo really reminds me of what happened to chris corner through, like, ten or so years (compare before / after), they literally rely on the same pussy singing shortcuts

kyo has the luxury of fronting a still decent band, though, and is still being creative with his voice now and than.

As a singer I would say its the opposite? Higher notes are much harder to accurately produce and maintain accuracy with than low or mid voice.

Most singers over time lose their high voice, nor their low voice.

Generally with falsetto's, the vocalist is hitting higher notes that are normally outside of their range. If you're not doing falsetto's correctly, then I can understand why it may be easier than having a legitimate hold over your mid range; but there is no way that something like this is easier than mid range singing (it truly starts a :40):

Oddly enough, with Sustain the Untruth, it feels incredibly choppy to me in terms of how this song can go so quickly from incredible to nearly boring. I'm sure I'll be able to articulate my thoughts at a later time after a few more listens; but this is the first time in a long time, for me, that Kyo really saves the song and makes it something far better than it initially was.

@ relentless 

is there any reason why you're comparing legit trained opera singing to kyo? his "falsettos" to date peak on rinkaku, and he essentially sounds like a drowning cat singing that even in studio ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=50KM1857nlM#t=119

sustain the stfu will probably sound way worse, and the rest of his range does not even sound that stellar anymore.

@ Tetora 

I wanna see examples if you actually wanna go there, because what I hear more often is actually artists getting control of lower than their default ranges and switching there ( see kate bush w. her late mellow huskiness, or, god forbid, the gazette's ruki.)

ok, this was weird, I mean, the song wasn't bad but it's too... ¿simple?, ¿repetitive?
the chorus is kind of boring after a while and it's the most memorable part, seriously guys, ¿the same chorus 3 times?
I'll have to dig it a lot more. God, that teaser in it's own was awesome, the 60 sec teaser seemed to be like in the middle of the song... freaking teaser gave me high hopes.

I liked it but it didn't impact me the same way Unraveling did the first time I listened to it.

Oh, well... I hope the next thing they release will be epic.

Oh!, almost forgot, the acoustic version of ruten no tou was beautiful.

I think in this case I like the acoustic b-side more than the actual title track...

Sign in to follow this