Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

End Of The World?

Will The World End On Dec 21, 2012?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will The World End On Dec 21, 2012?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Waffles

5klo4j.jpg

The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs according to which cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on 21 December 2012. This date is regarded as the end-date of a 5125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulas have been proposed as pertaining to this date, though none have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

A New Age interpretation of this transition is that the date marks the start of time in which Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 21 December 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era. Others suggest that the date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe. Scenarios suggested for the end of the world include the arrival of the next solar maximum, an interaction between Earth and the black hole at the center of the galaxy, or Earth's collision with a planet called "Nibiru".

I thought this would be a fun poll to run. Personally, like I'm sure most of you out there, don't believe the end is coming. It's not like the planet will spontaneously explode on that date, It would suck if some freak thing did happen that destroyed the planet on that particular day, but I'm pretty sure those chances are extremely small. I do however believe that humanity might be heading for some dark times, with the current wars, economic uncertainties, stupid politics, trying to censor the internet and some other worrisome things that are taking place on a global scale.

Waffles!

waffles waffles ... Waffles waffles waffles waffles? waffleswaffles waffles xDDD

WAFFLES!!!

I don't know why everyone thinks it is the end. The mayan calendar ending is just the end of the long count.

TOMORROW'S THE DAY.

Also I read somewhere that just like the Gregorian calendar the Mayan calendar just starts over on the 21st, starting a new cycle of 5,125 years (or something along those lines). I'm not sure what to think of all this, seeing as the "Bible" already predicted the end twice this year: on May 21st and October 21st and nothing happened on those days either. Now Christians are yelling again the end is tomorrow so I'll take everything with a grain of salt until I see meteorites falling from space or dinosaurs on a spaceship or something.

TOMORROW'S THE DAY.

Also I read somewhere that just like the Gregorian calendar the Mayan calendar just starts over on the 21st, starting a new cycle of 5,125 years (or something along those lines). I'm not sure what to think of all this, seeing as the "Bible" already predicted the end twice this year: on May 21st and October 21st and nothing happened on those days either. Now Christians are yelling again the end is tomorrow so I'll take everything with a grain of salt until I see meteorites falling from space or dinosaurs on a spaceship or something.

and aliens in a submarine.

im made the decision that im not sleeping tonight...it's stupid

that people keep saying this and it's REALLY ANNOYING....

i wish the 22nd would just come already so this can be all over with...

;_____; and i can stop being scare... .___.

Well it's 3:45pm in Finland already and no sign of the apocalypse yet. I hope it'll come before I buy a new traveling box for my corgi pup, or else I die $90 poorer. :(

My supervisor told me the apocalypse doesn't come during the work shift. It always comes on your free time. SO EVERYONE GET TO WORK AND WE CAN AVOID THE DESTRUCTION.

It's not happening.

Since i came from religious family,

i see no major signs of it to be happening this year,

so the Mayans thing for me it is a tell tale told by morons.

Waffles indeed. Waffles have a deep philosophical meaning on this forum. They represent the end of the tainted world that once was, and the beginning of a new heavenly era. Thus, waffles are both the end and the beginning. They are also very tasty, especially with powdered sugar.

It is therefore very appropriate that waffles won this poll. Yesterday too, one era ended a new one started. Beginning, end, eternity.... in one word: waffles.

Sign in to follow this