Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Not allowed to use PS COMPANY material!

Regarding the YouTube, I kinda understand if they don't like the fact that people are uploading their stuff on YouTube, but they only got themselves to blame, because they're not doing anything about it themselves. A official account would probably be the answer to the issue. They should upload the videos themselves and let it have "worldwide" access like Korean S.M Entertainment does with their artists..

About the avatars, are they for real?

I'm not saying I support their message but I don't know why they are so pissed off that overseas fans are using their pictures in twitter avatars etc...

blabla

And this matters how exactly? They have like 40% of the decently selling VK bands in their roster. I'm sure they won't lose any sleep over the fact that their music sucks as long as the money keeps coming in.

But that's exactly the point! Because of this, their income from foreign fans will most probably decrease. They don't care as long as they're selling, I won't deny that. It's like they're saying: we don't your promotion, we're Japan only. This is just ridiculous. They'll lose income, because as you state "40%" just isn't enough.

But that's exactly the point! Because of this, their income from foreign fans will most probably decrease. They don't care as long as they're selling, I won't deny that. It's like they're saying: we don't your promotion, we're Japan only. This is just ridiculous. They'll lose income, because as you state "40%" just isn't enough.

Because foreign Vk-fans are such music aficionados hellbent on finding quality art :roll: The quality didn't have anything to do with VK getting big here. It was when they fused Japanese Linkin Park clones with aggressive marketing, which worked with teenage girls and girly boys. But like all trends, they burn out fast and only the remnants are left, which you see now.

They stopped bringing their bands and CD's over here because the profit is nonexistent and bands fill the two first rows of the venue. They tried, it didn't work, they stopped.

Would you be kind and post the original text (yes, not a translation) and one of the source pages, KILLINSTINCT? I am not kinda believing in that, considering the fact that most PS-related twitter/myspace avatars were left "unharmed".

I really don't want to have to dig through the depths of Google but when Miyavi was with PSC a fairly decently sized Western Miyavi fansite had to take down most of their content because PS Company had requested them to due to copyright. Content such as English lyric translations, translated blog posts and just about every single image of Miyavi.

Would you be kind and post the original text (yes, not a translation) and one of the source pages, KILLINSTINCT? I am not kinda believing in that, considering the fact that most PS-related twitter/myspace avatars were left "unharmed".

I really don't want to have to dig through the depths of Google but when Miyavi was with PSC a fairly decently sized Western Miyavi fansite had to take down most of their content because PS Company had requested them to due to copyright. Content such as English lyric translations, translated blog posts and just about every single image of Miyavi.

You're talking about Masakarasu right? They're not even around anymore. I guess that's what happens when you have a fansite dedicated to an artist but you're not allowed to have anything about the artist on the website, heh.

Because foreign Vk-fans are such music aficionados hellbent on finding quality art :roll: The quality didn't have anything to do with VK getting big here. It was when they fused Japanese Linkin Park clones with aggressive marketing, which worked with teenage girls and girly boys. But like all trends, they burn out fast and only the remnants are left, which you see now.

They stopped bringing their bands and CD's over here because the profit is nonexistent and bands fill the two first rows of the venue. They tried, it didn't work, they stopped.

I'm going to have to agree with this. The people that know the bands now are still going to pimp them out regardless of whether PSC pulls a Fahrenheit 451 with their pictures. Visual kei fans are dedicated. They'll do anything to get their fix of SCREW.

This has ALWAYS been the case with PSCompany. You guys are just realizing this? They, Avex, and Kisaki's shit have always been uptight asshole's about their artists' "content". And throw bitchfits over anything that's posted on the internet.

This was a reason (though not THE reason) why Miyavi left them.

This has ALWAYS been the case with PSCompany. You guys are just realizing this? They, Avex, and Kisaki's shit have always been uptight asshole's about their artists' "content". And throw bitchfits over anything that's posted on the internet.

I got the impression Miyavi was fired behind a clever guise of "graduation from the label," for being wound up in that pop star pregnancy scandal.

miyavi wanted a family and to show it to the world. he didn't like visual kei anymore the way it is.hiding girlfriends etc.

he could never show or even make a family probably if he was in psc. i always though that's why he left.

obviously that means that they don't care about outside japan fans at all.(not enough money there to care)

they make a lot of money only from the fans inside japan

and we prevent them from making even more when we upload their videos because then japanese people don't buy more.

i wish people get mad and realize they don't want them and boycott bands from psc.

although i like born :(

and although this never going to happen. never.

i found about japanese music

because of the random pics&songs i saw in random sites & in internet.

none of them official. never would have heard of them if there were only the official

@Sai: Crap, i forgot all about Naro & Torte.....i can't even remember listening to it,

i suppose that completly proves your point, lol.

I'd like to see PSC's response to the fangirls that don't know / don't care that they're becoming more strict with their policy.

lol my mind thought about party boy in japan

party boy (the fangirls), japanese policeman (PSC)

I'd like to see PSC's response to the fangirls that don't know / don't care that they're becoming more strict with their policy.

I met a fangirl once that thought PSC was a tv channel and the logo at the end of PSC bands shit was just a Japanese tv channel. LOLOL. I was like "No that's the music label." And then she was like "REALLY I THOUGHT THE BANDS DID EVERYTHING BY THEMSELVES."

*KISAKI/UNDER CODE have never done anything about lyrics, images, or uploads. The most aggressive UNDER CODE has gotten about copyright is a poorly written copyright message at the beginning of DVDs. So I don't see the point in mentioning him

Avex wasn't that bad when it came to images, but at least Avex uploads the PV's for their artists on the release date and not like PSC who wait for like 3/4 months after the release. Alice NIne.'s Heart of Gold full PV still isn't uploaded the last time I checked.

you sure you don't mean Kiwamu instead of Kisaki?

^ Yeah, Kiwamu can be a real douche when it comes to this kind of stuff. Something about kicking people in the face...but nvm, we have the Kiwamu Thread for that.

Had to check when this was posted because I'm sure PSC threw a bitch fit about this months ago as well and never did anything about it. The only thing that did was happen was foreign fans of PSC bands freaking out about how uptight they were being and how they would never, ever get to see images of their bandmen anymore.

I believe the image issue was targeted at those impersonating the bandmembers on twitter, facebook, etc., which I can undestand because, frankly, it's against twitter's rules to use a picture of someone who isn't y'know... you (not that a million other people aren't already breaking that rule or anything). Also PSC has a lot of trouble with fans sharing FC material, and they're always mad about that, so that could be what they mean by "images from our site."

Either way, PSC is the drama queen of VK high school.

Guest Magatsu

all what PSC want is money.

like all other labels they can only see money.

^ then they totally doing it wrong. I will not blame them for making a business.

Everyone had to do that. Not making a fuss with the YT also.

But when they prohibit people from using images as avatars,

personally i feel that is really dumb and unnecessary.

Just imagine how cheap and easy it is to promote your band when their fans

willingly having their pictures as avatar or icon in social networks and Forums?

Even Hollywood knows this is potential, look at every official website of a movie.

They will have option where one can download icons for them to use.

PSC marketing sucks and too stiff, i wonder if they even graduate Economy at all lol.

Also PSC has a lot of trouble with fans sharing FC material, and they're always mad about that,

I know this actually happens in tumblr.

There was a girl who were scanning and posting Alice Nine FC magazines.

And another FC member who "stay tr00 to the FC" found this out and

were threatening that she will report this particular person so that

PSC will ban this poor girl out of the Alice Nine FC for eternity.

I agree that they should be upset with people that share fan club material. Why should I bother getting a fan club membership if someone is going to scan it and share it anyway?

Yeah, I have to agree with this as well.

Public photographs in Twitter icons are one thing, but I think fan club material should be somewhat special. People pay a lot to be members and those benefits should be for those people alone. Seems pretty fair to me and from what I've heard, no one is missing out on any huge secrets or information if they don't join.

Sign in to follow this