Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Not allowed to use PS COMPANY material!

Let's not be too hasty here with jumping on the PSC bandwagon.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment and side with PSC. Fans say that PSC doesn't care about their fans because they don't send their bands to tour abroad or make their goods easier to buy. I'd like to remind you of when fans begged and begged for more visual kei releases to be sold outside of Japan in domestic editions for easier purchase. This actually happened for a bit. Bands were signed to Gan-Shin and releases like SCREW's X-RAYS and -OZ-'s VERSUS were released in EU (which is pretty much the testing ground for visual kei labels). X-RAYS (EU edition) sold....

But wait, there's more! Does anyone else also remember the petition that was made to have UnsraW go to Stockholm? There were ~1000 signatures on the petition when Speed Disk decided to send them to Europe. Only ~100 people showed up to the live (or 10% of the fans who presumably signed it, maybe even less if you consider...

THIS THIS THIS!

J-rock fangirls in a nutshell!

I just have to correct you about X-RAY album, it was released by CLJ Records, not Gan-shin, and the actual EU edit was in fact the JPN Ltd Edition with the bonus DVD and everything extra included (PLUS an extra booklet) for a VERY discounted price - if comparing to the original JPN Ltd Edition. I'm shocked that so few fans bought their CD (I bought the EU edition, and I would never in my life pay double price just to have it printed in Japan)

Regarding UnsraW-concert, this is actually the reason why New Nippon went bankrupt. I worked on New Nippon at that time, so I know what happened. This was actually the same reason why Dio~distraught overlord also cancelled their concert.

By this, we learned something, that at least South American organizers should listen to (since J-rock is hyped there atm)

that we don't fucking care about if people "have a test in school" or "I can't afford it anymore" or some other stupid "my parents didn't allow me to attend" As soon as the concert date is revealed, people should take a look into their calendars and make themselves free on that actual day (not signing up for a workday/take the day off from school) and start save money for the show!. I mean, the other fans who in fact BOUGHT ticket, and were free that day are getting scammed because of these "fans".

the problem is .. if someone want to bring a PSC company band that person should have at least.. kinda.. 35,000 + Euro to bring them... maybe even more.

They want to have everything perfect.. people should care about them like real celebrities (like madonna, gaga etc)

Those bands aren't cheap.

This is actually also why Major PS COMPANY-bands won't tour Europe, because they're SOO expensive. They want EVERYTHING included and aside from other bands, they also want guarantee that at least MORE than 50% of the venue capacity is attending the show. They won't perform for a half empty venue. Indie-PSC is another deal, they're more tolerate, but as soon as the band turns Major, they're busy with Japanese market. You should all wave goodbye to the oppertunity to get the GazettE and Alice Nine to Europe, it won't happen, maybe back in 2007 but the "2006-2007 J-rock hype" is all gone now.

nope, that number seems realistic for a price psc would demand.

we needed over 600 euro for Guild's Serbia concert

I'm still curious where that price comes from

unless PSC are setting it intentionally, knowing that no one overseas will shelve out cash for such a risky investment.

omg @ unsraw. I hope that didn't contribute to their disband :(

@nekkichi, I think Ryu knows this because he/she has some connections in the touring business (and is, as I believe, also friends with Steff from Astan) so that's perhaps where he/she got the prices from?

@sebbivism: I'm sorry, but that's one point I disagree on with you. Children taking the day off from school to go wait in line for a whole day at a concert? "My parents didn't allow me to attend?" Not all v-kei fans are like this. I missed Versailles once, D, abingdon boys school, -OZ- AND Girugamesh, all because their gigs were not in the weekend and on days I had tests or other kinds of exams. This is the reason my parents wouldn't let me go. I'm not telling them I'm sick just so I can go to a concert, school is more important in my book. I could never skip tests for a concert, I would feel too guilty for it afterwards. So don't go blaming these kids for the cancellation of your show, thank you very much. Not everyone can do whatever they want. People going without their parents' permission is also lame, way to ruin the family mood.

Let's not be too hasty here with jumping on the PSC bandwagon.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment and side with PSC. Fans say that PSC doesn't care about their fans because they don't send their bands to tour abroad or make their goods easier to buy. I'd like to remind you of when fans begged and begged for more visual kei releases to be sold outside of Japan in domestic editions for easier purchase. This actually happened for a bit. Bands were signed to Gan-Shin and releases like SCREW's X-RAYS and -OZ-'s VERSUS were released in EU (which is pretty much the testing ground for visual kei labels). X-RAYS (EU edition) sold....

But wait, there's more! Does anyone else also remember the petition that was made to have UnsraW go to Stockholm? There were ~1000 signatures on the petition when Speed Disk decided to send them to Europe. Only ~100 people showed up to the live (or 10% of the fans who presumably signed it, maybe even less if you consider...

THIS THIS THIS!

J-rock fangirls in a nutshell!

I just have to correct you about X-RAY album, it was released by CLJ Records, not Gan-shin, and the actual EU edit was in fact the JPN Ltd Edition with the bonus DVD and everything extra included (PLUS an extra booklet) for a VERY discounted price - if comparing to the original JPN Ltd Edition. I'm shocked that so few fans bought their CD (I bought the EU edition, and I would never in my life pay double price just to have it printed in Japan)

Regarding UnsraW-concert, this is actually the reason why New Nippon went bankrupt. I worked on New Nippon at that time, so I know what happened. This was actually the same reason why Dio~distraught overlord also cancelled their concert.

By this, we learned something, that at least South American organizers should listen to (since J-rock is hyped there atm)

that we don't fucking care about if people "have a test in school" or "I can't afford it anymore" or some other stupid "my parents didn't allow me to attend" As soon as the concert date is revealed, people should take a look into their calendars and make themselves free on that actual day (not signing up for a workday/take the day off from school) and start save money for the show!. I mean, the other fans who in fact BOUGHT ticket, and were free that day are getting scammed because of these "fans".

Eh, small details are always the things I botch up when trying to prove a point :D . But if anything, that just proves my point even more so thanks for the heads-up!

And did New Nippon go bankrupt just because of the UnsraW concert or was it a few other things and the UnsraW concert was just a fatal blow?

If anything, it probably didn't help.

Guest Magatsu
nope, that number seems realistic for a price psc would demand.

we needed over 600 euro for Guild's Serbia concert

I'm still curious where that price comes from

unless PSC are setting it intentionally, knowing that no one overseas will shelve out cash for such a risky investment.

The price is just a guess

I never asked ASTAN how much it cost to bring a band. (But I talked a lot with them)

But if you count members.. it's kinda already 5000 euro to pay for flight tickets. that's the start than you need to pay food, hotel, etc etc. etc.

And because PSC want the best of the best.. you can count up to that.

Plus PSC = not only the guys. of course some buddies will join the trip to. like roadies people who do make-up.

Than the guys want to bring some guitars with them...

Even a band like LOUDNESS is cheaper than a PSC company band LOL

and PSC and AVEX are big maffia soo..

you need lot of money to work with them, and do exactly what they ask you.

Oh yes, btw.

Bringing a bad = pay for everything.

don't think that PSC will pay out of there own pocket.

They only want to see money back.. from sold goodies etc.

@sebbivism: I'm sorry, but that's one point I disagree on with you. Children taking the day off from school to go wait in line for a whole day at a concert? "My parents didn't allow me to attend?" Not all v-kei fans are like this. I missed Versailles once, D, abingdon boys school, -OZ- AND Girugamesh, all because their gigs were not in the weekend and on days I had tests or other kinds of exams. This is the reason my parents wouldn't let me go. I'm not telling them I'm sick just so I can go to a concert, school is more important in my book. I could never skip tests for a concert, I would feel too guilty for it afterwards. So don't go blaming these kids for the cancellation of your show, thank you very much. Not everyone can do whatever they want. People going without their parents' permission is also lame, way to ruin the family mood.

Nothing is wrong with having higher priorities than bands. In fact, those were the same reasons why I haven't attended a single J-Rock (or any rock) concert yet.

The problem is these same kids keep asking for bands to come to their country, probably knowing full well ahead of time they won't be able to attend. I'm sure experience will tell people that 1) most J-Rock shows fall on school days/night 2) most J-Rock shows are a considerable distance away from most people's home towns (especially if you live in America) 3) most J-Rock shows are expensive or cost some sort of money 4) most J-Rock shows require attendees to be a certain age 5) and probably to a lesser degree of importance - its a rock concert, with probably some questionable/adult material some parents may frown upon their kids seeing

If you can't go and you're too overwhelmed with priorities and too unwilling to put them aside to attend - or you're too young to even go, then what's the point of petitioning for these bands to come in the first place? If its to give other people who can go a chance, then you're very mistaken. Sounds stupid and pointless to me. In that case, these bands ARE better off just catering to their local, Japanese fans. A lot less risky.

^ When it comes to signing the petition, I completely understand your point. People who know they probably can't go, shouldn't sign it. That's the reason why I've never signed such a petition because I pretty much knew I wouldn't be able to go. The problem was always the permission and weeknights for me, not the money or the distance. Now that I'm 18 my parents will permit more when it comes to rock concerts, but we'll see.

Well, sometimes it is not about priorities, but doesn't know their own limit.

This always happened. They signed petition for an artist to attend their country/city,

but not knowing if they really can afford to attend or not, they just did it for "greater good"

because they think it is "nothing to lose anyway" this is not a correct mind set imho.

Because one actually should know if they really can see themselves attending a gig before

they sign any petition. Because if not, it will make a misleading results.

Say a petition gotten like a thousand signature, but when it finally happening, only about 300 tickets sold.

Why, because the rest just the people who signed a petition for the reasons i have mentioned above

and/or also in the name of solidarity. Bah.

Like this time, sorry for a little personal here,

But i know some of the people who were, you know, bluffing they would want to

attend a L'Arc~En~Ciel concert when they finally consider to visit Jakarta, Indonesia.

And now, when they finally did, a 10 long years of waiting,

the same group of people complained the tickets price is too high,

seriously, if they really meant what they said, they should've started save a little by little

since years ago. Come now.

This happening all the time. Whether Western or Asian acts.

Even big major acts like Madonna or Lady Gaga.

They always complain, their date are this and that.

But hey, some artists did tease their fans weeks and even months before the tours happening.

One could've set a schedule or a plan from that moment on, and start saving too.

Unless you have a family member or relative or BFF who are in between life and death situation

or you are halted by an event that may affect your future (final exam, job interview and stuff)

I am afraid there is no excuse, bro. Sorry to say.

( i haven't sign any petition and bands never come to my country anyway but)

excuse me

if i sign a petition now and the band comes in a year from now. how the fuck should i know what i am going to do then. maybe i would have died.

it's all about how much a band wants to come maybe just for the experience or not.

psc could come but they are too much of divas too compromise for less. .they are the top visual kei bands of japan, such stars can't compromise for any less.(and this psc management attitude is successful & earn more money)

they are other bands that really can't come because they have no money at all. in psc this is not the case.

how come bands like oz and anli pollicino or guild or D do european tours? don't they have less money than psc bands?

i have such idea because i have seen even bands do DIY concerts. i don't think bands should do that because i know is extreme! but the comparison in character is unavoidable.

(diy= do it yourself. you know some punk bands attitude. tour with no money. sleep wherever. do it just because they want to . to not care about the money but for the cause .

"to avoid corporate sponsorship or to secure freedom in performance.")

Guest Magatsu

it's not that people care that they want to make money.

it's more about, how can they be that stupid that they can think that the world act the same like in Japan

that they would be that popular too.

that they can sell the same

All bands... who aren't in the top of a country should start at the freaking START.

I told ya guys before.

even LOUDNESS was very cheap and they are still known and a ticked was between 15 and 20 euro. (of course lot of fans.. however.. they never can be that sure after years not coming to a country + no european/american label anymore who sell there newest releases or who them promote outside of Japan, the America tour was even sleeping in a nice Bus, just not to expensive hotels and things.. that's how it should be)

so why the fuck should a PSC cost a freaking facking 30-40 euro?

Making money here come on... than they should be even that great as lady Gaga or justin beber...

haha....

But just let psc bands come here.

SCREW... maybe only a few people from my country will go... one ticked is already 40 euro. (because the place where they pay you have to pay membership too.. what only less people got.. soo..)

~.~

so yes,

PSC should start like the bands did start at the freaking not luxe begin..

I'll never understand why people get so offended when their favourite bands want to make money.

(i thought artists supposed to be idealists.lol)

noone is offended when their favorite band wants to make money. but it's offensive when you're starting to become a sell out.

there is a middle way.

i actually now after experience i would even advise people to care more than anything else about money!! but

i will still love more the bands that don't do that.

(and actually i don't give a shit if gazette or alice nine come to europe because i don't like them.so i don't know why the fuck i even discuss this)

I'll never understand why people get so offended when their favourite bands want to make money.

I can understand that the bands want to make money and PSC is known for being like this. But it would be nice for fans to be able to see their favorite bands. At the same time I have been resigned to the fact that I will probably never see any PSC band outside of Japan.

so why the fuck should a PSC cost a freaking facking 30-40 euro?

I lol'd at this too. Tickets for Screw here cost as much as they did for Dir en grey, and that's just ridiculous. They must use some expensive hairspray...

Euro is just so weak nowadays, it must affect ticket prices too. Euro's value has actually gone down like 40% compared to yen in past 4 years. Needless to say that's a lot o.o.

Euro is just so weak nowadays, it must affect ticket prices too. Euro's value has actually gone down like 40% compared to yen in past 4 years. Needless to say that's a lot o.o.

Ah, so it's not just the USD? That makes me feel a bit better

After Greece collapsing and the other Southern European countries being on the brink of bankruptcy, we pretty much lost all faith in Europe as it is. Besides, taxes for concert and musical tickets have been raised by about 30% procent I believe, so that's also why (like Ryu said, as I believe he/she is from the Netherlands) the tickets have become more expensive.

Tbh I haven't seen any fluctuation in ticket prices and I have been going nonstop for years now.

Just checked some old ticket prices. Kagrra was 36e and The GazettE 35e. Moi Dix Mois was 30e and so was D'espairsray in 2010, but they increased the price slightly for the 2011 concert. Miyavi was 40e in 2009 and a little less in 2010 or 11 I can't remember. An Cafe was 36e in 2008 and Girugamesh has been consistently around 33e every time they have come here. So nothing has changed really. The bands just want MOAR CA$HMONEY or settle with less depending on the situation.

WTF!? They're f*cking stupid! If they want this noone will know their bands anymore!

Otherwise it's very interesting, because other bands have official youtube account,

twitter, facebook or ameba and they are posting many pics there. :!:

Even Misaruka has a free single, what you can download from their official site. :wink:

Guest Magatsu

yes, and Holland is still the best Euro country where you can live in. over here things get expensive like hell. I'm lucky that I found work and the company where I work still has enough work to do, and try to find ways to grow and sell lot of things. and there are still much lesser law rules who are in all freaking other countries around the world (point to Downloading and Uploading)

beside that.. yes ticket prices are higher as last year. because yes even people in Holland need to pay lot of taxes.

so even in my country tickets get more expensive.. but still even.. than if I look up at..

even EMILIE AUTUMN is only 25 euro. and she is way bigger than any any VK band.

And even famous DUTCH bands are only around 35Euro. <- I mean they got sold out 100% and still cheap. they could ask way more money.

Look if Steff from astan ask 28 euro for 1 ticked. than I say. alright it's okay. (Undercode bands)

Because we know, there will be only a few gigs and lot of other stuff.

But I think for a Jap band.. 30Euro is maximum price including extra costs

And that's still a lot for bands who... just are unknown in our countries.

And to let a Jrock band play in kinda De Melkweg where you should pay 4 euro extra ++ to even be able to see a gig in that concert hall is just fuckt up. we already have to pay extra tax if we buy a damn ticket.

Beside that, to let play bands in Amsterdam or Amstelveen is stupid like hell. people from south and upper north can't go home.

Screw = 30 euro in my country. It's not that expensive but.. the end price of a ticket will be kinda... 30+4+~4 = about 38 Euro for 1 ticked.

@Lily

It's a wonder that Misaruka can release songs for free to download. But there CD's are way to expensive haha.

Sign in to follow this