Sign in to follow this  
JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New DVD & New Album

I feel like the DERANGEMENT's PV has a NIGHTMARE Swallowtail PV feel to it.

DISC 2 composers :

1. [XI] / RUKI

2. DERANGEMENT : RUKI

3. REQUIRED MALFUNCTION : RUKI

4. DRIPPING INSANITY : RUKI

5. ATTITUDE 00:03:29 : RUKI

6. GABRIEL ON THE GALLOWS : URUHA

7. [Melt] 00:03:07 : URUHA

My hopes for GABREIL ON THE GALLOWS just went up. Ruki and Uruha were the only composers for TOXIC so I can see this being a part 2 to TOXIC, not an issue for me though since I loved TOXIC

Okayokayokay, This is all in *Italian, but I found some interviews relating to [DIVISION].

So, first, credits to the person who translated the interviews.

Second, even if it's in *Italian, I used google translate and I was able to get the jist of the interviews.

Shoxx 234 Ruki interview

part 1

http://aobara.livejournal.com/11149.html

part 2

http://aobara.livejournal.com/11373.html?thread=5741&

Shoxx 235 interview

part 1

http://aobara.livejournal.com/11718.html

From the sounds of it (described by Ruki), the band is going for a sound similar in some ways to [DIM] and even [sTACKED RUBBISH]. Although, Ruki does also say it's like a perfected [TOXIC].

It really sounds like there's a concept for the album as well. Ruki talks about it in his interview. Then again, this hype is based off a translation of the original interview into *Italian and then into english through google translate. so. yeaaah. You can judge for yourselves..

^Agreed.

And about the typcial-ness, Ruki said it himself, that this track is like [sHIVER]. In fact, apparently when they released [REMEMBER THE URGE], they were thinking about releasing this instead.

I love it, I love Ruki's voice! Sure some of the riffs have their typical GazettE style to them but there is variation to the guitar and the melodies and I love the sound that comes from it. I can tell that I'm going to love DISC 1 a lot.

Ruki said in SHOXX Vol.234 that Disc 1 is more of a style going towards DIM + Stacked Rubbish while Disc 2 is more of a perfected TOXIC.

I love it, I love Ruki's voice! Sure some of the riffs have their typical GazettE style to them but there is variation to the guitar and the melodies and I love the sound that comes from it. I can tell that I'm going to love DISC 1 a lot.

Ruki said in SHOXX Vol.234 that Disc 1 is more of a style going towards DIM + Stacked Rubbish while Disc 2 is more of a perfected TOXIC.

Couldnt Agree More ^^

SHOXX Vol.234 excerpt from Ruki's interview BEAUTIFUL MURKY.

Ruki: Something like that, toward TOXIC I had in my head the idea that it was probably incomplete.

Interviewer: TOXIC incomplete? As a listener, I'm full of admiration for how it was quite venomous.

Ruki: Well, the thing was to compare our work to what deep inside of me was saying "I wanted to do more like that..". Besides, when I was creating it, I did it thinking that it was the best. However, when the tour started, there were lot of things that I understood examining them.

Interviewer: I see, the artist's insatiable spirit showed itself.

Ruki: For this reason, I thought that for this album (DIVISION) I wanted contents that could shake even more than the other one (TOXIC).

Interviewer: This time, the type of direction that will shake everyone, what aspect will concern -concretely speaking?

Ruki: How can I say it? First of all, in TOXIC weren't there extremely digital elements? Thinking about that period, I strangely didn't have the feeling that it was incomplete. This time I wanted to examine it once again.

Interviewer: It's very interesting.

Ruki: Before hearing it, if I say something like that in advance, it could be like "eh? are the GazettE become such a digital band?" again. *laugh* But it's not like that. Basically, the thing is that I wanted to evolve even more the fusion of digital elements with the sound of the band even compared to our previous work.

Interviewer: In your case, the sound that often was inside of you, you addressed it towards the band in order to have a good feedback from them. It seemed good thinking to reflect on this sound in such vivid way for this album too.

Ruki: If we talk about that meaning, the sound that was inside of me that time it wasn't the one of the band to say the truth. Because in the first place, the sound of the band I can't usually hear it if it's not inside of me. However, since I wanted to change the sound I had inside of me and harmonize it with the sound of the band, a lots of dilemmas came up one after the other and indecisions of what we should do too. It really became a struggle. *laugh*

Source: gazettenohotaru.blogspot.com

Interviewer: In the case someone buys the Limited, do you have any recommendation on how to listen to it? I want everybody to prepare before the release date.

Ruki: Since in this case it's different even the sonority of every single CD. I want you if it's possible, to listen to it in a condition that will allow you to comprehend it at the fullest.

Interviewer: In other words, the ideal would be to use headphones?

Ruki: The best would be with high quality speakers, but I don't think this is something everybody has, isn't it? So, my intention was to create a sound that could be clearly heard even with computer speakers. Basically, we are creating it with a stance that will allow a better sound to reach you no matter in what condition you are hearing it. But I would be happy if you could listen them with high quality headphones. The important is that they are not headphones undersold at department stores.

Interviewer: What do you think of closed headphones [8] starting from 20.000 ¥?

Ruki: More than the price and such, the best would be come upon good headphones which encounter your one taste. Cheap ones are not good obviously, but that doesn't mean that if they are expensive they are good, I'll entrust you to your choice. Just remember this, I think it's absolutely god that you don't use these little earphones to enjoy the sound of the album.

Interviewer: Good, now I'll ask you about vocal recording. Speaking of the role and position of the vocal track in this album, which kind of concept did you adopted to face them?

Ruki: The attitude doesn't change, it's always the same. However, from a methodic point of view if we classify it, let's say I followed an approach from two directions. But if I have to give a more detailed explanation, DIVISION became a full album attaching two mini albums with two different concepts. This is became the Limited Edition.

Interviewer: So what about the Regular Edition?

Ruki: For the Regular we made a CD mixing all songs together. However, not only the the sound but only from a point of view of the lyrics and the way of singing, two colors mix together in this album.

Source: gazettenohotaru.blogspot.com

I find it to be quite boring, but I sort of expected this already (Zess we were actually right!). What annoys me most is the uninterested way Ruki is singing, but that's been around ever since the switch to SONY. Expectations have pretty much lowered from zero to "I really don't give a fuck anymore".

If Disc 1 is going to be DIM mixed with SR, I most certainly hope they're not going to combine both styles in a single song, for that would probably not end well.

Ruki: The best would be with high quality speakers, but I don't think this is something everybody has, isn't it? So, my intention was to create a sound that could be clearly heard even with computer speakers. Basically, we are creating it with a stance that will allow a better sound to reach you no matter in what condition you are hearing it. But I would be happy if you could listen them with high quality headphones. The important is that they are not headphones undersold at department stores.

Interviewer: What do you think of closed headphones [8] starting from 20.000 ¥?

Ruki: More than the price and such, the best would be come upon good headphones which encounter your one taste. Cheap ones are not good obviously, but that doesn't mean that if they are expensive they are good, I'll entrust you to your choice. Just remember this, I think it's absolutely god that you don't use these little earphones to enjoy the sound of the album.

Screw you Ruki, making me all interested in the album's recording quality and such.

Ibitsu sounds like a funny collage of Shiver and Pledge. LOL.

And is anyone else pissed that Ruki said Toxic was "incomplete?" Pretty much just saying "Oh we failed at Toxic so here have this new version of Toxic."

Ibitsu sounds like a funny collage of Shiver and Pledge. LOL.

And is anyone else pissed that Ruki said Toxic was "incomplete?" Pretty much just saying "Oh we failed at Toxic so here have this new version of Toxic."

I think it's more like "PSC were being a dick and wanted us to finish it fast, but we'll make up for it this time".

Previews are good enough to make me wanna hear the rest of it. Too bad the longer preview of Ibitsu cuts off just when it sounded like something cool was to happen. But it does sound like improved Toxic with hints of DIM. And improved by a lot, in my opinion. Most of Toxic was really dull, but this sounds like they actually paid some attention to the composing. Atleast so far.

And people still bitch about them for not having a fresh sound? Oh please, like any of you were actually expecting that to happen. This is getting older than Gazette's sound, and that takes a lot.

...So, my intention was to create a sound that could be clearly heard even with computer speakers...

o.O understandable, but usually a bad sign. but still in terms of recordingquality and/or sound in general [DIM] and everything afterwards was pretty much top notch so i'm pretty confident this one will sound sweet aswell. best thing is, they really care for the sounds they create (don't always succeed but still...)

i mean, just look at this guitar rig from Aoi... thats some serious tone-hunting (not the quantity of stuff, but what it is, that KlON-Centaur distortion-pedal alone weighs about 600 bucks!! for a pedal!..)

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

i do admit though (@bakteeri) that with stuff like this and money to burn you could be quite a tad more creative than the usual gazette-upbeat-rocksong...

i hope the songs themselves don't suck that bad this time, but i don't have my hopes up high

i do admit though (@bakteeri) that with stuff like this and money to burn you could be quite a tad more creative than the usual gazette-upbeat-rocksong...

Money can't buy creativity.

I'm pretty sure this is just what they want to do. They want to do simple straightforward rock and that's it. Now and then add some violins here and try some electronics there. That said, they really need to do a fast heavy song with orchestra.

Sign in to follow this