zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

1 hour ago, Hakari said:

I am american. Therefore I must like football.

The TRUE football too! Not that prissy kick sport they call football over in euroland and pretty much the rest of the world!

51883930.jpg

Edited by ArtFart

19 hours ago, seurong said:

Tokage is a better lyricist than all my faves..shit...where can i get this single @Tokage

sorry, i'll only live-distribute it if i receive 100 paper cranes first

8 hours ago, ArtFart said:

The TRUE football too! Not that prissy kick sport they call football over in euroland and pretty much the rest of the world!

51883930.jpg

So perfect

This morning I was reminded of one of the best days of my life. I was 15, at the beach with some friends.... ran into another group of kids from my school, among them a girl I had a pretty big crush on who was a year older than I was.

Found out at some point we were both going to the Get Up Kids that night about an hour away. She offered to give me a ride from the beach to the venue with her sister who was also attending the show.

I specifically remember the three of us belting out "Valentine" (of course Something to Write Home About was in rotation in preparation for the concert) while I was sitting on a salty towel cruising in her jeep on the way to the show on a beautiful summer evening.

It's not like I ever dated her or anything, but we were friends, the show was awesome and I remember that day fondly.

IDK. Thought I'd share. It's the little things I guess.

My friend and I just found out that Heidi from Butterfly Syndrome is probably Brazilian...

10441474_607160749381789_718796730221721

Edited by MidnightChaos

i was looking at the osamu dazai tag on tumblr and this anime dude appears everywhere what the hell.

apparently this anime called bungou stray dogs contains characters named after japanese novelists, what is this all about? someone enlighten me?

29 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

i was looking at the osamu dazai tag on tumblr and this anime dude appears everywhere what the hell.

apparently this anime called bungou stray dogs contains characters named after japanese novelists, what is this all about? someone enlighten me?

The story centers around individuals who are gifted with super natural powers and use them for different purposes including holding a business, solving mysteries, and carrying out missions assigned by the mafia. The story mainly follows the members of the "Armed Detective Agency" and their everyday lives.

Most characters in the series are named after famous literary authors and/or characters in their works, including Ryūnosuke Akutagawa, Yukito Ayatsuji, Dan Brown, Agatha Christie, Osamu Dazai, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Rampo Edogawa, Edgar Allen Poe, Mark Twain, Natsuhiko Kyogoku, Kenji Miyazawa, Doppo Kunikida, and Akiko Yosano.[1][3]

that's pretty much it, I don't think there's any real reason why they are named after them, maybe because the creator like those authors? It's likely that each character might have some inspirations or similarities based on who their named after, maybe their power? But I'm not familiar enough to make those comparisons...

Edited by Original Saku