zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

i'm honestly impressed by the fact that somehow NOBODY here seems to be playing pokemon go, like what the fuck? maybe i'm just in the wrong places

(i mean, i'm not playing it myself, i just think it'd be fun to see people going around chasing imaginary anime monsters)

Edited by Tokage

3 minutes ago, Tokage said:

i'm honestly impressed by the fact that somehow NOBODY here seems to be playing pokemon go, like what the fuck? maybe i'm just in the wrong places

(i mean, i'm not playing it myself, i just think it'd be fun to see people going around chasing imaginary anime monsters)

you're in the wrong place bae

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

Pokemon is for primary school kids,  you need to grow up babe (like a lot of people here). 

Edited by Δrche

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

I play it ! haha.

Just had in another Forum a discussion about Pokemon Go and that's it's so sad that's someone first need a App to get out and move and that's its egoistic to do that. 
Instead of beeing happy that's people are walking and moving way more then they normaly do lol. 

Dk why people are so mad about when poeple go out to play Pokemon lol.
Like 95% of people are going out only with the phone.

Edited by AliceParanoid

i meant ''here'' as in... in the city i live in, not forum-here, lmao, whoops

also ''you need to grow up''? i haven't even played pokemon for YEARS, but...

tumblr_nqymsx_NFIM1sfsmvso4_400.gif

I just lost 3 1/2 hours of data input on a spreadsheet for a network infrastructure that's due today.

Holy shit. I feel like passing out.

1 hour ago, Δrche said:

And visual kei = infantiles right? ;)

nah but that attitude of yours sure does!

1 hour ago, sairensu said:

I have a job interview tomorrow!

A little nervous... lol

Remember to shake hands properly, look into their eyes and smile a lot! I hope it goes great!

(EDIT: I mean... I did those things, said some idiotic stuff and blabbered like I always do when I am nervous and was just plain awkward. Aaaand I got into a school, their loss. ;PPPP)

I... think I have a date on saturday. 

Edited by allisapp

Thankies  and sorries @CAT5 for being too fast with my posting xD Now to the other point:

1 hour ago, Δrche said:

And visual kei = infantiles right? ;)

I have yet to see you being genuinely happy or positive about anything related to this community or life or so, dear - no desire to look for silver linings? Sure, you don't need to like everything here but c'mon - that's just too much (not sure how this will be processed "upstairs").

As for Pokemon GO, I also don't really dig the idea that it has been taking a huge heap of time from my circles (who may usually e.g. end up going back and forth with some goddamn strangers for the sake of egg hatching), but I can cope with that (not to mention that I had tons of pokephilia in not-so-distant past too as we speak).

Edited by Alroy

12 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Thankies  and sorries @CAT5 for being too fast with my posting xD Now to the other point:

I have yet to see you being genuinely happy or positive about anything related to this community or life or so, dear - no desire to look for silver linings? Sure, you don't need to like everything here but c'mon - that's just too much (not sure how this will be processed "upstairs").

As for Pokemon GO, I also don't really dig the idea that it has been taking a huge heap of time from my circles (who may usually e.g. end up going back and forth with some goddamn strangers for the sake of egg hatching), but I can cope with that (not to mention that I had tons of pokephilia in not-so-distant past too as we speak).

I'm just trying to understand saishuu's point and you are already jumping into some conspiracy theory. Take it easy, I was just joking.

13 minutes ago, Δrche said:

I'm just trying to understand saishuu's point and you are already jumping into some conspiracy theory. Take it easy, I was just joking.

I am not trying to antagonize you if you assumed that. Sorry ofc if I did misunderstand but as for myself and others who seemed not to get the actual gist behind your words, it just seems rather odd to see when someone criticizes certain "potentially kid-friendly" franchise for attracting groups of  the"wrong age" - while still posting and participating frequently in the forum dedicated to the movement of much more grandiose "stigmatizations".  Look, visual kei is still unfortunately regarded in various mediums as some sort of "it's just a phase bro"-kind of fad that would seem to "attract kids looking for their ever-missing identities". Should we, the publicly stigmatized community, seriously give a single damn at this point about widespread, conservative assumptions and judgments? No, but tolerating it INSIDE of our community would be just turning a blind eye on double standards.

Therefore, assumptions like "uhh this is too childish" and "all of you need to grow up" are ought to give a very selfish, show-offy vibe in this context. Not sure if this was your actual intent but consider this nonetheless.

Edited by Alroy

1 hour ago, allisapp said:

Remember to shake hands properly, look into their eyes and smile a lot! I hope it goes great!

(EDIT: I mean... I did those things, said some idiotic stuff and blabbered like I always do when I am nervous and was just plain awkward. Aaaand I got into a school, their loss. ;PPPP)

I... think I have a date on saturday. 

Thank you!(^^) 

If you have that date on Saturday, have fun!!

I pity people who think Pokemon is just for kids :lol: that shit came out in 1995, original fans are now of at least adult age and some are 30+ years. I'm willing to bet there's more adults over the age of 20 that play Pokemon than there are kids under the age of 20. In fact I'm almost certain most kids under the age of 10 don't even know what Pokemon is because their too busy playing minecraft or whatever it's called. Sure  Pokemon is targeted at kids, but Nintendo would be crazy to think that's where their market resides XD

You're never too old for Pokemon, we have grown with the franchise over the past 20 years and we will continue to do so for the next 20 years.

I pity people who think video games in general are for kids.

Like those oblivious parents who bought GTA5 for their 10-year-olds.

Or like those annoying older people who tell me I should "stop playing video games, grow up, look for a husband and have babies"

(including various relatives, co-workers, and my former boss)

fuck off, don't tell me what to do with my uterus

when will they fix last.fm? scrobbling doesn't work from the PC app now. Also, it shouldn't be so difficult to find the link for downloading the app from their website! I had to google it -__-

3 hours ago, Original Saku said:

I pity people who think Pokemon is just for kids :lol: that shit came out in 1995, original fans are now of at least adult age and some are 30+ years. I'm willing to bet there's more adults over the age of 20 that play Pokemon than there are kids under the age of 20. In fact I'm almost certain most kids under the age of 10 don't even know what Pokemon is because their too busy playing minecraft or whatever it's called. Sure  Pokemon is targeted at kids, but Nintendo would be crazy to think that's where their market resides XD

You're never too old for Pokemon, we have grown with the franchise over the past 20 years and we will continue to do so for the next 20 years.

Indeed! I've been playing since I was 11 and I'm 25 now, with a college degree and everything. I'm just as hyped for the new games (and Pokémon GO) as I have ever been and you know what, it still feels damn great. Much better to focus on how good things make you feel than worry if you're within their original consumer age range, heh.

I want to play Pokemans Go so badly but I need to upgrade my phone.  First thing I'm going to do when the checks start rolling in from my new job. :(