Sign in to follow this  
Kaye

Girugamesh to announce something on October 23rd

Meh, lost interest in these guys since they turned into a pop boyband.

They used to be so freaking amazing, i mean going back and looking at

their older stuff, its shocking to see how bad they have become.

yeah, i've become a hardcore girugamesh fan since early 2005. back in those days, they were like everything to me. i was very excited looking forward to their new releases every time they announced. however, my first disappointment was the album MUSIC. it's good that they didn't keep that electronic/techno sound although ALIVE b-side sounded like a leftover track from the album. and i was very impressed with all the stuff they released in 2009 including the album NOW (suiren has become my all time fav song of their new sound since then.).

i dont want to mention to their music since 2010. it sounds like another different band. i was very in shock after hearing COLOR. (miage te kimi no hitomi ni wa aoi sora WTF) that's why i have high expectations on this 13 sign. please come back girugamesh. T_T

Well how many singles have they released? This could just be them overhyping a new single since they haven't released what in over a year. Just my thoughts.

Calling it:

Self cover of 13's Reborn (with current sound).

Everyone dies as a result.

That would just be BAD.

terribly bad.

if it's something to do with 13's Reborn,

i only hope it's remastered, and nothing more.

Only need it in better (enhanced) sound quality.

And not new interpretation of it :P

13's reborn: Popcore.

Well, I still like them... maybe it's the 13th single? But I guess they have more than that.

that could be since they have released 12 singles excluding live distributed CDs as of now.

Meh, lost interest in these guys since they turned into a pop boyband.

They used to be so freaking amazing, i mean going back and looking at

their older stuff, its shocking to see how bad they have become.

yeah, i've become a hardcore girugamesh fan since early 2005. back in those days, they were like everything to me. i was very excited looking forward to their new releases every time they announced. however, my first disappointment was the album MUSIC. it's good that they didn't keep that electronic/techno sound although ALIVE b-side sounded like a leftover track from the album. and i was very impressed with all the stuff they released in 2009 including the album NOW (suiren has become my all time fav song of their new sound since then.).

i dont want to mention to their music since 2010. it sounds like another different band. i was very in shock after hearing COLOR. (miage te kimi no hitomi ni wa aoi sora WTF) that's why i have high expectations on this 13 sign. please come back girugamesh. T_T

That's right dude! Though I only don't agree about the Music album. Overall it was good, it managed to keep Girugamesh awesomeness, just with different style :) Now - ah, not that much. It wasn't bad but I think that with NOW, that's when they started to lose their heads.

Overall, these guys used to be an extremely briliant band during the 2000s. And until I saw the Color PV prewiev I was in such a shock too. It just was a total joke! After that I just kept miserably watching one of my favourite bands collapsing like this. The number 13 might give some hope coz it somehow conjoins with 13 Reborn, but meh... I lost interest in them, however I'm gonna see what they will do at this 23rd.

1) 5th anniversary of 13's Reborn (released in October 2006, amirite?)

2) 13th single (as nostalgia said), which will MOST PROBABLY include that future-song

= new single with some 13's reborn remakes in it?

Dunno what to think about this, I am still supporting them (even though I didn't like GO that much...it had some good songs but oh god how generic it was)

I liked that new song ("Future") sample anyways, I kinda missed solo/solo-ish parts in giru's music.

Edit: Go's better than Now imho

Edit: I think 13th single would become their first *major* release (they are still in danger crue, aren't they?)

Calling it:

Self cover of 13's Reborn (with current sound).

Everyone dies as a result.

That would just be BAD.

terribly bad.

three days of nightmares ahead

It could be they are indeed going major. They can't get any poppier though, so even if they do go major, there's no hope for old style anymore. Personally I liked their NOW style the best.

I never really understood it. They want to get more popular and mainstream. Well, I don't see why they have to tone down their style because of that. At the moment ONE OK ROCK is even harder than Girugamesh, and they're selling way more than them as well :s

So they HAVE released only 12 official CD singles? Cause if that's the case then I was right, this might be an announcement of a 13th new single. Wee, first time I predict something about japanese music and I'm right!

I never really understood it. They want to get more popular and mainstream. Well, I don't see why they have to tone down their style because of that. At the moment ONE OK ROCK is even harder than Girugamesh, and they're selling way more than them as well :s

there're tonns of bands that sound harder than glaygamesh atm and have better sales and stuff,

yet they're trying to go all NEWS-tier pop and stuff. (NEWS aren't as disgusting as GG tho, they didn't start that good.)

I'm slightly curious about the announce, but their recent albums were terrible.

there're tonns of bands that sound harder than glaygamesh atm and have better sales and stuff,

yet they're trying to go all NEWS-tier pop and stuff. (NEWS aren't as disgusting as GG tho, they didn't start that good.)

I'm slightly curious about the announce, but their recent albums were terrible.

haha, yeah. I know there are tons of other bands that are heavier and selling more than Giru. But I meant that if they want to go all pop rock, they should do it well and try ONE OK ROCK's way instead of banning all things heavy from their music :s

13th single sounds about right, possibly their major-label debut if they're making this huge fuss about it. Although they'd be due for an album announcement to continue their once-a-year album trend.

And yes, they suck now. I used to be the biggest giru fan, now I feel dirty that I ever liked them. NOW was their last good release. Since then, downhill.

Nah, don't feel guilty about liking a band that was once moderately decent.

To be honest, none of their albums have ever done it for me. It was their earliest singles that I enjoy out of anything that they release and even then not so much. Their albums just get progressively worse to me. That being said, I think it's a little ridiculous to think they'll go back to a 13's Reborn era sound after their GO era. No band does that. Ever. Except Boris.

Can't wait till tomorrow maybe it will be a greatest hits album with some new songs they haven't had one yet. :rawk:

Is it just me or has the "13" on the homepage slowly made its way to the middle of the page? (That or I'm slightly going insane)

Sign in to follow this