Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

V.A. cover album "CRUSH!2-90's V-Rock best hit cover songs-"

Oh yea, by the way this is the only one that's already out, obviously

OdEiMr-oOIs

It's just meh, as I expect from Megamasso (-_-)

Moran's take on Illuminati is pretty cool.

oooh thanks

*frantically bites nails with anticipation*

although... I think I want to listen to the full tracks so not to spoil it, unless no one uploads in a week or something

I listened to the BUCK-TICK, Malice Mizer, Luna Sea and Dir en grey covers. It's funny how the vocalists suddenly start to sound a lot more like the persons they're imitating than they way they usually sound. :lol:

Anyway, SPEED sounds pretty good, while ILLUMINATI left me unimpressed, but the samples are a bit too short to pass judgement already, so I'll wait until I hear the whole thing.

I listened the 1:30 length samples from the Japanese iTunes and these were my first impressions:

葵 - Mizerable (GACKT) - It was OK, and that's pretty good for an Aoi cover. I do feel he took the original charm out of this song for some reason. He just doesn't have the right kind of voice for this.

Annie's Black - ゴキゲン鳥~crawler is crazy~ (SOPHIA) - Boring, not sure if I will bother listening the full version.

ADAPTER。 - FLOWERS OF ROMANCE (CASCADE) - Auto-tune fest loooooool :gaga:

R指定 - ゆらめき (DIR EN GREY) - Meh, not too keen on the vocalist, for the rest it's okay, I guess.

amber gris - SHINE (LUNA SEA) - No, just no, will most probably not listen to the full version of this.

OZ - 白い闇 (Rouage) - :Umno: This sounds pretty bad. Natsuki tries to sing in a lower voice which sounds totally awkward. But be reasonable here, they didn't have much to work with either, so I'm not judging them too harshly.

ギルド - グレイシャルLOVE (SIAM SHADE) - GUILD definitely made it their own, this sounds pretty promising. I love this band.

ケミカルピクチャーズ - JAM (THE YELLOW MONKEY) - OK...I guess

ZUCK - BEAT (河村隆一) - Sounds relaxing and I love Yuu's voice in this, excited for the full version!

9GOATS BLACK OUT - スピード (BUCK-TICK) - Ryo has difficulties during the pre-chorus. I mean, you can clearly hear he can't find his way with it. I was really anticipating for this, but I'm afraid this will fail.

ν[NEU] - HOT LIMIT (T.M.Revolution) - GREAT. BETTER THAN YOUR FAVOURITES. I mean seriously, I love the original to death. v[NEU] doesn't seem to have changed that much, but it's good they didn't. T.M.Revolution FTW

花少年バディーズ - 蜘蛛の意図 (PIERROT) - Nothing special, decent but forgettable.

HERO - 誘惑 (GLAY) - Sounds OK, but what is it with the vocalist? It seems he can't completely reach the notes at some point. I definitely want to give the full version a listen though.

Blu-BiLLioN - 未来航路 (La'cryma Christi) - Sounds pretty nice! Don't know these guys, but I'm impressed!

メガマソ - ROCKET DIVE (hide with Spread Beaver) - AWESOME, as I would've expected from Megamasso after their latest album. I will be playing this a lot of times once it is released.

Moran - ILLUMINATI (MALICE MIZER) - This sounds so awesome, but the vocals are so bland and sound...pretty bad tbh. Instrumental is awesome though.

Glad to see the Rocket Dive cover is actually pretty good!

Adapter, 9goats sound really nice too... Illuminati may end up being good..the sample was too bland though

Samples are available on Japanese iTunes, btw.

Moran's take on Illuminati is pretty cool.

http://morawin.jp/package/80312139/00600406131614/

here, too.

EDIT: Illuminati and Mirai Kouro sound very interesting imo

Good job Moran and Blu-Billion

Kinda disappointed with Amber Gris atm

Thanks! I feel like audio quality is a lot better than iTunes ones, or is that just my volume?

Yea Blu-Billion's cover is interesting. ADAPTER.'s is pure fun. Still haven't listened to Moran's, too afraid to spoil it >.<

I'm surprised people like Megamasso's cover, I feel like the chorus especially is kinda weak (-_-) I mean the original song is already pretty exciting, so they can't really go wrong, but it's not comparably awesome like NoGod's, Merry's, or Mix Speaker's covers in the 1st Crush!, and not even close to being as entertaining as BugLug's.

9GOATS doesn't sound like themselves, they should have covered... "Dress"

And I just don't understand why amber gris decided to do that. They could have easily rocked the shit out of it, but they didn't, whyyyyyy?????!!! D:

Listening to the previews so far, Im looking foward to: ZUCK, Amber Gris, v[neu], ADAPTER., Megamasso, and Moran cover.

When is someone going to cover wish damnit!

When is someone going to cover wish damnit!

Luna Sea's "Wish"?

If that's what you mean, SID already did (but I think the song really doesn't fit Mao's singing style :( )

I'm pretty frustrated that we can't really buy stuff from Japanese iTunes from US without using a Japanese iTunes card and a fake Japanese address :x

edit: omg nevermind, thank you so much @platanity for uploading XD

Sign in to follow this