Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

MERRY new album "Beautiful Freaks" release

MERRY new album "Beautiful Freaks" will be released at 2011/07/27 (3 TYPE, 16 songs)

limited edition TYPE A (5,250yen) will include CD+DVD (including scene of their live "黒??羊(kuroi hitsuji)" at Shibuya AX at 2010/12/29), limited edition TYPE B (5,250yen) will include CD+DVD (including scene of their live "白??羊(shiroi hitsuji)" at Shibuya AX at 2010/12/29), and regular edition (3,360yen) will include CD only

http://merryweb.jp/

FINALLY! The string of singles they released last year were pretty good, so I'm curious to hear what kind of new material they have in store.

They pulled some bullshit with all those different editions, though. Total dick selling tactic...I can't say that I'm surprised by it, though.

summer keeps getting better and better <3.

and it's not so bad since they're lives... though the regular is a bit pricey, at least it isn't like C4 where you didn't even have a choice.

Great news for fucks sake! Can't wait for this!

Finally they're announcing that album release, I was thinking for a long time that they should release it soon!

And one week before the DIR EN GREY album, can't be any better!

This should be good

New singles grew on me and now I like 'em

hkhkhkh hope this good.

Wasn't too impressed with the singles.

But usually would work with the full album.

They pulled some bullshit with all those different editions, though. Total dick selling tactic...I can't say that I'm surprised by it, though.

I thought the A+B+C versions with Victor Entertainment were BS, but this time there's actually a logic behind it. They can't very well put a ~3-hour or more long concert DVD as an extra, they'd have to sell it separately for 7000 yen or something. And since those concerts really go with concept of the album it makes sense to use them as extras. I don't know if they're including the whole shows or leaving something out, but for anyone considering buying these, here are the setlists:

黒??羊 (Black Sheep)

M1 夜光

M2 ロストジェ??レーション -replay-

M3 迷彩ノ紳士

M4 モノクローム

M5 クライシスモメント

M6 赤????

M7 ??ら??ら??ん??る。

M8 stupid×cupid

M9 頭??ザクロ

M10 ????衡キ??マ

M11 演説~シュールレアリズム~

M12 [human farm]

M13 オリエンタルBLサーカス

M14 愛国??~BURST~

M15 ジャパニーズモダニスト

M16 Fleeting Prayer

EN1 The Cry Against…

EN2 Midnight Shangrila

EN3 Schwein??椅??(DIR EN GREY)

EN4 Charlie

EN5 T.O.P

EN6 ??イオレット??レン??

Special-EN アイデンティティー

白??羊 (White Sheep) (Apparently almost all of these had a special arrangement, acoustic or semi-acoustic)

M1 黄??レストラン (Yuu on piano)

M2 薔薇??片隅??ブルース

M3 想????サンセット

M4 クライシスモメント -UNPLUGGED-

M5 首??りロンド

M6 高層ビル??上??ラストダンス

M7 M.E.R.R.Y.MARCH~デンヱンカウキヤウクミキヨク~

~medley start~

M8 歌声喫茶『モダン??

M9 ??哀交差点

M10 リフレイン~土曜日??涙~

M11 ??ック・タック

~medley end~

M12 新宿ナナ(ニューロティカ)

M13 アタシ??????猫

M14 真夜中(仮) (unreleased song)

M15 夜光 -TAIHAI mix-

EN1 「??京????る雪…??(Piano Ver.)

EN2 nameless night~?も???夜~

EN3 木洩れ日??僕を探????る…

^ ah, I see. Seeing releases with A+B+C+D+E versions is usually cause for an immediate facepalm, but you're right! This is quite an exception! I guess I assumed the extra material would be some short clip or something.

Yet another example of why one shouldn't assume. I just made an @ss out of "u" and "me" - but in this case, just me lol ;]

After their last few singles and their attempts at going back to their "roots" so to say I am very excited to hear this new album.

^ ah, I see. Seeing releases with A+B+C+D+E versions is usually cause for an immediate facepalm, but you're right! This is quite an exception! I guess I assumed the extra material would be some short clip or something.

It could still be packed into a 30-min clip, you never know. But I'm hoping not! And I'm taking the price as an indication that there will be plenty of footage. Actually I think they said something like that somewhere, but plenty is a relative concept. Heh.

so freaking awsome! really unexpected, already pre-ordered the limited edition type A

first diru and now merry, im loving it!

Actually this is what pretty much everyone was expecting, the news just came a little late.

This has potential to become one of the best albums of 2011, that is if all songs are gonna be as awesome as the last few singles.

Finally they're announcing that album release, I was thinking for a long time that they should release it soon!

And one week before the DIR EN GREY album, can't be any better!

this! two of my favourite (not disbanded) bands releasing new stuff is awesome!

MqWhJe52sYg

Sign in to follow this