you can say the music that you create is something new

but not for other people who know a lot of music

you may also be labeled plagiarism

try to reflect on how much music already exists in this world

too much

it was music that inspires musicians in the world now

so, just enjoy it :)

Shutup. We've all heard this before.

They even started to steal from lynch. Compare SHADOWS to Before I Decay, it's just ridiculous.

it's even more ridiculous that both of them stealed it from this band:

gCUDgzmzaP8

The only problem that I have with this comparison is that there's no end in sight. As long as you keep going farther and farther back you can keep stating that "x band ripped x song off of y artist" because of similar construction to an earlier song. It's not as if song structure itself can be plagiarized so I don't understand why people keep saying the GazettE stole this from lynch. and they stole that from NoGoD. Search around, I'm sure a song before Saikou no Sekai used the same pattern, and then a song before that, and then a song before that. Claiming that's a ripoff is akin to saying that breakdowns in metalcore are all plagiarized from one another since they all sound the same.

/rant

I agree sooo much and THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS! especially when there are people who are here that make their own music. Sometimes, I can pin point what band influenced your song without even asking just b/c their is a similar riff or whatever. If it sounds good, it sounds good. AND THIS SONG SOUNDS GOOD SO FAR

EDIT: In fact, I have done it myself with some instrumentals I made. One song I used a variation on Kagerou's "Lily" chorus part. My friends still thought it was good. It's very seldom to come up with a completely unique or creative idea now and days.

In fact, I have done it myself with some instrumentals I made. One song I used a variation on Kagerou's "Lily" chorus part. My friends still thought it was good. It's very seldom to come up with a completely unique or creative idea now and days.

lolz

still a ripoff

stop talking about creativity or something new

you will never know how hard to make something new

That's why making music should be left to those who don't find it so hard. It's not an equal opportunity profession, you're supposed to have talent. If you don't then you should stick to playing at people's weddings and birthday parties.

come on, i mean, vocals guitars bass and drums? what an obvious beatles ripoff!!! :P

no seriously i don't think you can put all the droptuned-metalriff-bands into one pot and say the rip each other off

(that way black:list, deathgaze, NoGod, .lynch, Gazette, Gregory and tons of other bands including western nu-metal-bands like slipknot would be all ripoffs of each other, with ultimately ending up with korn in 1994 i guess).

it's just that these 17 seconds of the preview reallyreally sound like every mildly-heavy gazette-song ever heard, same tempo, same sound, same style of vocals etc...

(some have said it sounds alot like hyena, i think its more like the chorus of filth in the beauty, whatever...)

but well, the song will have approx. 3mins more of material, lets see if the manage to do something special/interesting there (although in the light of their recent singles i have my doubts)

I would appreciate it if people didn't go with the whole "everything heavy and droptuned is nu metal" mexican wave. As an example, Gregory is a hardcore metal band influenced by Hatebreed much, much more than they are groove hip hop metal influenced by Korn. Apart from that, agree with ^

They (GazettE) need to surprise us, otherwise our expectations will remain low. Wait and see, don't get your hopes up in case it is disappointing.

They even started to steal from lynch. Compare SHADOWS to Before I Decay, it's just ridiculous.

gCUDgzmzaP8

The only problem that I have with this comparison is that there's no end in sight. As long as you keep going farther and farther back you can keep stating that "x band ripped x song off of y artist" because of similar construction to an earlier song. It's not as if song structure itself can be plagiarized so I don't understand why people keep saying the GazettE stole this from lynch. and they stole that from NoGoD. Search around, I'm sure a song before Saikou no Sekai used the same pattern, and then a song before that, and then a song before that. Claiming that's a ripoff is akin to saying that breakdowns in metalcore are all plagiarized from one another since they all sound the same.

/rant

that was the point of posting that video of NoGoD

That's why making music should be left to those who don't find it so hard.

omg... I lol'd so hard.

I would appreciate it if people didn't go with the whole "everything heavy and droptuned is nu metal" mexican wave [...]

*exactly my point*

[...] i don't think you can put all the droptuned-metalriff-bands into one pot [...]

while lots of people tend to say they're the same and all copied from bandXY, they just are not

(well, some are, but still. that would be like saying every punk band is a ramones/sexpistols/whatever-ripoff)

That's why making music should be left to those who don't find it so hard. It's not an equal opportunity profession, you're supposed to have talent. If you don't then you should stick to playing at people's weddings and birthday parties.

No. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Making music is all about challenging yourself. Once you stop doing that, you've become too lazy. Once it starts to be too "easy" for you, it means you've just lost your creativity. It's far from being good.

People who don't find music "hard" end up composing songs for come-and-go-popstars, because everyone who actually cares and knows about music, does not want their songs.

Gazette aren't creative, that's pretty obvious. It's also pretty obvious that they do pay attention to their music and don't just throw out what ever the crap comes in to their minds first. Everyone who understands music can realise this. Whether they think this band is shit or not.

The fact is that nowadays you have to create a whole new genre to actually do something new. Gazette's style can't be reinvented. They would have to tear down their whole concept before they can even start creating something new. And that is something this band will never do. Like most bands in the world. Get over it.

I know many people will never understand this and they just keep complaining about a fucking tempo.

gCUDgzmzaP8

hint: those songs + 10000x other drop b nu metal tracks are based on this song:

v_09wFxoaeQ

but you cannot blame em! That's like most typical drop tuning riff shall I say...

Felt the need to address:

99.9% of VK, and most of the Japanese music scene are all taken from western music. From all of your standards X Japan therefore is a rip off, and so is Luna Sea.

The GazettE don't write the greatest songs in the world, but they should not be dismissed as rip-offs, because most of the time (aside from SHADOWS) there is no similarity between most of their songs and others. And if there is, it's common in music. Every band has a central influence and adapts on it, what the GazettE is doing here is no different.

OK! Back to lurking =D

9.9% of VK, and most of the Japanese music scene are all taken from western music. From all of your standards X Japan therefore is a rip off, and so is Luna Sea.

Every band has a central influence and adapts on it, what the GazettE is doing here is no different.

Truth.

99.9% of VK, and most of the Japanese music scene are all taken from western music. From all of your standards X Japan therefore is a rip off, and so is Luna Sea.

Every band has a central influence and adapts on it, what the GazettE is doing here is no different.

Truth.

Truth²

hint: those songs + 10000x other drop b nu metal tracks are based on this song:

v_09wFxoaeQ

but you cannot blame em! That's like most typical drop tuning riff shall I say...

lol awesome

thanks for posting, I knew there was a precursor to all the above mentioned VK songs.

I also like the "vague" similarity in Slipknot and gazette song titles.

Felt the need to address:

You'd need to prove that they were rip-offs first, there's already evidence to show that gazette like to "adapt" from their "central influence". If that's what you'd like to call plagiarism.

I'm an ABS fan but when it comes to plagiarism, i dont back it. Apart from Hiroshi Shibasaki's awesome solos, some of their songs just tend to sound like Sevendust and Linkin Park. On one occasion, Ill Nino. Just listen to the "Sweetest Coma Again" cover.

stop talking about creativity or something new

you will never know how hard to make something new

you just try it, go in a music industry

then create a song

you can say the music that you create is something new

but not for other people who know a lot of music

you may also be labeled plagiarism

try to reflect on how much music already exists in this world

too much

it was music that inspires musicians in the world now

so, just enjoy it :)

terrible radio quality full song

VrYPD7L_t3g

in full it actually sounds pretty cool, even if some parts seem uninspired, but i really like that guitar-solo part. uruha sure likes his whammy-pedal...

Heard it last night. I am not impressed at all.

Sign in to follow this