Trombe

YOSHIKI FES "VISUAL JAPAN SUMMIT 2016"

On 12/10/2016 at 4:57 PM, Anne Claire said:

Apparently, Mumiy Troll is a visual kei band.

Idk but seems like they *intentionally* opted borderline 12012 kei looks there for a moment but yet still

obvious oddballs of that show regardless  - just what Yoshiki was thinking?

edit: Ok, the frontman explained the reason - rough translation off that certain excerpt:

- As far as I have understood, the management staff of this festival thought of inviting some foreign groups. They (*COUGH* YOSHIKI - carm's note) had plans on globalizing this whole event. The thing is that our first visit in Japan kinda affected the musical and visual direction of "Tochno Rtut' Aloe". We had PVs in anime style and with some Asian themes. Around that time we even used to be called "Russian Glay" by Japanese press. We have played with acts akin to Rose of Rose, Sharam Q, Sex Machineguns. I have brought Dasein to Moscow, and in each and every V-ROX (Vladivostok-based rock festival with rather surprising headliners each year - e.g. Tsushimamire and Love Psychedelico attended latest V-ROX events - Carm's note) event I personally invited various popular Japanese acts to perform in Russia.  I guess  for these last 15 years I have brought a lot more Japanese artists on my own initiative to Russia than any other professional promoter or so-called "Gov(-funded) programs". In our repertoire we have also songs in Japanese as well.  Seems like all of this has played its role well.

source:

http://www.musical-express.ru/special/ya_ved_professionalnyy_vostokoved_ilya_lagutenko_o_sotrudnichestve_s_x_japan_i_mezhkulturnom_obmene_/

Edited by Alroy

their vocal-san speaks jp and chinese (and he was sort of visiting teacher in my uni x'D), and it's quite cool if he'll bring more visual kei at his own fest...

he also said a lot of really right things about cultural relations and stuff.

Edited by DREAMON DREAMER

As far as I have understood, the management staff of this festival thought of inviting some foreign groups. They (*COUGH* YOSHIKI - carm's note) had plans on globalizing this whole event.

YOSHIKI shading hard on Scandinavian flop-kei, inviting a random Russian group but not them. Waiting for some more angry subtweeting from yohio.

Edited by Biopanda

2 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

Idk but seems like they *intentionally* opted borderline 12012 kei looks there for a moment but yet still

album he refers to has an... interesting cover

13 hours ago, jon_jonz said:

VANIRU

01. L’Abime -dizzy disco-
02. LOVE AGAIN
03. コズミック・ナイト
04. DEAD OR DANCE

Oh, gawd.

NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST

01. DESPERATE
02. 銃創
03. V.I.P

Disappointing.

JAPAN

01. JADE
02. Rusty Nail
03. Forever Love
04. 紅
05. 新曲(La Venus)
06. Born To Be Free
07. X
08. WORLD ANTHEM
09. ENDLESS RAIN
10. ART OF LIFE

OMFG, A NEW SONG

A9

01.閃光
02.SHINING
03.RAINBOWS
04.春夏秋冬
05.the beatiful name

They should have played one of their new songs, but this setlist is killing, anyway

hide with Spread Beaver

01.ROCKET DIVE
02.POSE
03.Beauty & Stupid
04.FLAME
05.GOOD BYE(with YOSHIKI)
06.ピンクスパイダー(with YOSHIKI)
07.DOUBT
08.DICE
09.ever free
10.TELL ME(with PATA)

Hide's hologram?

Versailles

01.Aristocrat’s Symphony
02.Sympathia
03.The Revenant Choir

They should have played more songs, but ok

ゴールデンボンバー

01.紅(X cover)
02.抱きしめてシュヴァルツ
03.欲望の歌
04.†ザ・V系っぽい曲†
05.女々しくて(with YOSHIKI)

The performance of "Yokubou no uta" must have been epic.

And they played "Memeshikute", with Yoshiki. Ok.

己龍

01.天照
02.彩
03.月下美人
04.ピンスパイダー(hide with Spread Beaver cover)
05.百鬼夜行

They played their new song. Awesome.

Edited by IGM_Oficial

On 12/10/2016 at 5:13 PM, Carmelzors said:

I presume Yoshiki made rather rushed assumptions when he clicked on one MT PV off the 90s(I suppose

this one, kek) and thought that "hey, they *USED* to be VK too!!!1!"

Do they even have a significant fanbase there in Japan though?

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

album he refers to has an... interesting cover

Their 1999/2000 era was rather interesting in general lel + that Eurovision PV (also: note the quote)

I was there and had the time of my liiiife (and I owe it all to YOSHIKI apparently).

LUNA SEA is the greatest band on earth. GLAY is awesome. X was X, with all its flaws and problems it still is a good live band. 清春 Was probably the worst show in the entire thing.  Dude stunk up the place in a "Neil Diamond at the Last Waltz" proportion. Not even忘却の空 could save his ass.

I'm guessing only a fraction of the audience showed up for the early bands though, at least on that other big vk festival event in 2011 (?) Where they did invite swede-kei band seremedy, they played to a mostly empty arena. Still better than their average show for sure though in terms of exposure.

6 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

I'm guessing only a fraction of the audience showed up for the early bands though, at least on that other big vk festival event in 2011 (?) Where they did invite swede-kei band seremedy, they played to a mostly empty arena. Still better than their average show for sure though in terms of exposure.

Pretty much.

グリーヴァplayed right after ASH DA HERO (2nd band of the day) and FEST VAINQUEUR, who has quite a loyal fan base. Lots of girls were there to see them.

now, グリーヴァ didn't play to 100,000 people, but at the very least there were 1500 people in front of the smaller stages when they came on. Plus, everybody who was at the main stage heard them very clearly.

On 10/18/2016 at 8:37 AM, r... said:

清春 Was probably the worst show in the entire thing.  Dude stunk up the place in a "Neil Diamond at the Last Waltz" proportion. Not even忘却の空 could save his ass.

What happened, pray tell? He went through the motions and didn't put his heart into it?