Hey! Obviously I'm new here haha.

I'm Sara, you can call me by name or by my username or whatever (my username is a joke btw... though I don't know if I'm considered bangya anyways just by default).

I'm mostly here to talk about Vkei, though I do like other Jrock. I just happen to live in Japan and going to lives is my hobby (it takes up so much money it's pretty much my only hobby). I don't really go see any bigger bands, except Nocturnal Bloodlust but even they're still small compared to some. I usually go to Nagoya lives (I will go to Osaka or Tokyo for special occasions, I recently went to Kansai Rock Summit in Osaka since so many bands were playing!). I like ジン, Smileberry, Sick2, BFN (before they disbanded obv), Elysion, MeteoroiD, FED, 真天地開闢集団ジグザグ (saw them for the first time in Osaka this past Sunday, they were incredibly live!), and a lot more I can't think of.

Anyways, I know all the bands I go to are smaller but if you guys want live reports I'd be happy to do it. I'm excited to listen to more Jrock outside of Vkei but also of course welcome vkei recs if you have any!

hi, welcome to MH!

you like some interesting bands! it's rare to find someone who enjoys bands as different as Smileberry, BFN and MeteroiD XD 真天地開闢集団ジグザグ has been growing on me as well, although i still prefer their previous bands, especially Ray℃ which is one of my all-time favorites ^^

nice to have you and i hope you enjoy your time here :D

Edited by hiroki

7 minutes ago, hiroki said:

hi, welcome to MH!

you like some interesting bands! it's rare to find someone who enjoys bands as different as Smileberry, BFN and MeteroiD XD 真天地開闢集団ジグザグ has been growing on me as well, although i still prefer their previous bands, especially Ray℃ which is one of my all-time favorites ^^

nice to have you and i hope you enjoy your time here :D

Nice to meet you too! 

Actually to tell the truth, I was more of a fan of Smileberry's previous band Luche's music than I am of their current stuff. I'm not that big of a fan of oshare kei (I say this but I've been to more ALIVE and Smileberry and Luche instore/live events than I can count) but Motoki is an amazing frontman and they're really sweet. Motoki in particular has always been super loving towards me whenever we interact and my ultimate bandman is Charlie so... I'm really hooked on them even though it's not what I prefer.

BFN was amazing and their music was exactly what I like. It's unfortunate that they really were awkward with me and my friends when we met them. Maybe because we started to go see them when they were about to disband. MeteoroiD are really good live and they're sweet as well.

Honestly a lot of foreign Vkei fans probably know more about the bands themselves than I do, I judge by how good they are live at the end of the day. Their CD may not be very good but some of these bands are killer live.

I didn't know ZigZag was Ray℃ until yesterday. I was so shocked. If you didn't know their past you'd be so surprised because they are light years away from their oshare kei past.

10 minutes ago, BangyaWanabii said:

Actually to tell the truth, I was more of a fan of Smileberry's previous band Luche's music than I am of their current stuff

OMG, this is exactly what i've been saying to my friends all the time! I was a huge fan of LUCHe. and while i'm always up for more "oshare" and smile-li-ness, it got a little tiring after a while... especially when i know that the band is capable of more variety (cf. LUCHe. songs like Neo Innovation -Level.1- and ココロノコエ。 which showcase all of the band's brilliance). and yes Tohma's really sweet (sorry i still insist on calling him that!! XD) - i've written him some letters/fanmail and he even replied a few times :'D

I still don't know what to feel about zigzag tbh. if i didn't know that they were Ray℃ i would probably be able to enjoy zigzag A LOT more..... but they are just so different now i'm still trying to come to terms with the change lmao. in any case they seem to be gaining popularity pretty fast so i'm happy for them if nothing else! :)

Edited by hiroki

3 minutes ago, hiroki said:

OMG, this is exactly what i've been saying to my friends all the time! I was a huge fan of LUCHe. and while i'm always up for more "oshare" and smile-li-ness, it got a little tiring after a while... especially when i know that the band is capable of more variety (cf. LUCHe. songs like Neo Innovation -Level.1- and ココロノコエ。 which showcase all of the band's brilliance). and yes Tohma's really sweet (sorry i still insist on calling him that!! XD) - i've written him some letters/fanmail and he even replied a few times :'D

I still don't know what to feel about zigzag tbh. if i didn't know that they were Ray℃ i would probably be able to enjoy zigzag A LOT more..... but they are just so different now i'm still trying to come to terms with the change lmao. in any case they seem to be gaining popularity pretty fast so i'm happy for them if nothing else! :)

I feel the exact same way to be honest. Even during their shows they just seemed to do more variety and not really so much about the smile-smile stuff. I miss hearing him scream tbh. He does still do it on ocassion but for like .05 seconds. And no worries, Motoki will always be Tohma in my heart. LOL 

Honestly, I saw them for the first time Sunday and I'm obsessed. I can't stop listening to their mini-album. But I think that's because I'm not into oshare kei as much so I don't mourn Ray℃. Their whole concept is so awesome and they were really tongue-in-cheek about everything. I love them playing on the whole Tanuki/Bangya thing, it's so meta. And their Buddhist theme makes it cooler. The only frustrating part is that you can't get cheki of Mikoto! But I also understand why. I met Aoshi before the live when he was handing out flyers and he was so humble and nice. And yes, they're already really popular. They played a shitty basement venue that was tiny but they packed it out. I bought their tsunagaritai sweater after seeing them once and I can't even wear it, it's too hot already!

its always cool to have gya perspectives on the forum, we only know so much in the foreign fandom so its helpful to hear tidbits about the other side! the only band i like from that list is FED, they look awesome live!

have fun here~

Yay, another Charlie fan xD.

Similarly to hiroki, I'm a bit more partial to Ray C, not so much otoiroha. I haven't really listened to zigzag so you've piqued my curiosity, since they seem vastly different.

Other than that, enjoy your stay on the forum! It's nice to find someone with a different perspective of the VK world :D.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

hi there & welcome :)

I'm surprised you made it into the live house for ZigZag I heard it was insanely packed. I didn't even try for ZigZag, I just went straight to XAA-XAA at kansai rock summit tbh

But yeah I totally agree, ZigZag's pretty fun live. actually I like their support drummer lol he used to be shounenki's support drummer too.... I heard at rock summit they weren't hiding him like they normally do? did he at least have makeup on?? lol

also, your music tastes are actually strangely similar to a friend of mine's.

1 hour ago, emmny said:

its always cool to have gya perspectives on the forum, we only know so much in the foreign fandom so its helpful to hear tidbits about the other side! the only band i like from that list is FED, they look awesome live!

have fun here~

It does look like my perspective is a little different, but it seems like everyone knows a lot more than I do! Maybe some distance gives ya'll a better overall picture of a band/scene. 

I really really want to see FED (their oneman in Nagoya was the same day as another live and I had to choose). Every since Ryu posted a picture with Zin's Luy (who I love) I've been researching and listening and they sound good! Right up my alley so to speak. 

1 hour ago, colorfuljinsei said:

Yay, another Charlie fan xD.

Similarly to hiroki, I'm a bit more partial to Ray C, not so much otoiroha. I haven't really listened to zigzag so you've piqued my curiosity, since they seem vastly different.

Other than that, enjoy your stay on the forum! It's nice to find someone with a different perspective of the VK world :D.

Charlie is my ultimate. I never can take a proper picture where I put my arm around him because I get so damn nervous being that close to him. ;_; I love him so much. 

I really want to write up my experience at the live! It was so different. If you like wagakki then you'll probably like Zigzag

31 minutes ago, anakuro said:

hi there & welcome :)

I'm surprised you made it into the live house for ZigZag I heard it was insanely packed. I didn't even try for ZigZag, I just went straight to XAA-XAA at kansai rock summit tbh

But yeah I totally agree, ZigZag's pretty fun live. actually I like their support drummer lol he used to be shounenki's support drummer too.... I heard at rock summit they weren't hiding him like they normally do? did he at least have makeup on?? lol

also, your music tastes are actually strangely similar to a friend of mine's.

Me and my friends went to the live house thirty minutes before and we barely got into the back, there were people lined up and people already inside for them. I wish we could have gotten there sooner but we did the out of store event and had 2 shots with MeteoroiD and Elysion (which is a story in itself, omg)

Haha we couldn't see the support drummer at all! Thats how shitty the venue was. It was the tiniest place I've ever been in (JANUS, I think it was called). Which is funny because I've seen Shounenki a few times so it would have been interesting to see if I recognized him. 

And if you're suspicious if I'm your friend I'm not LOL. Not to say we couldn't be friends but I don't think we've met. 

I love ジン! So happy to see another fan, I feel like they need more attention around here. :P Welcome aboard! It's always nice to see things from the point of view of fans living in Japan.

Welcome to MH! 

Lived in Japan myself for some time so it's nice meeting members who live there now lol.

Nice music taste btw! Elysion deserves more love.

2 hours ago, BangyaWanabii said:

Me and my friends went to the live house thirty minutes before and we barely got into the back, there were people lined up and people already inside for them. I wish we could have gotten there sooner but we did the out of store event and had 2 shots with MeteoroiD and Elysion (which is a story in itself, omg)

Haha we couldn't see the support drummer at all! Thats how shitty the venue was. It was the tiniest place I've ever been in (JANUS, I think it was called). Which is funny because I've seen Shounenki a few times so it would have been interesting to see if I recognized him. 

And if you're suspicious if I'm your friend I'm not LOL. Not to say we couldn't be friends but I don't think we've met. 

yeah i think it was pretty full for a while based on the twitter. i heard a lot of people complaining about the venue choice. not sure why they didn't use BRONZE or Pangea again. btw no LOL it was not JANUS. it was AtlantiQs or whatever. JANUS was the biggest venue they used this year--500 person capacity. It's were XAA-XAA played. 

I was at work so I literally only showed up in time for XAA-XAA lol would have been fun running around this year again. Glad you seemed to enjoy yourself though.

Ah that's a shame. My friend and I were curious as to why they didn't cover up the support drummer this time. Um, well, Kei was Shounenki's support drummer like 2 years ago and he suddenly stopped so you probably wouldn't have recognized him. It took me a while to connect the dots myself. Shounenki's support drummer for like the past year was some guy named AL iirc

No, no, I know you're not lol she's back in Germany and you mentioned some bands that she's never mentioned liking & she was going to ZigZag right when they first started. But Smileberry (and LUCHe), Sick2, MeteoroiD & ZigZag are all bands she likes. We probably haven't met since I avoid Nagoya like the plague--I did go for Heartless though...--but we can totally be friends :) I've been a bangya in Japan for nearly 4 years now lol...

Hey. Welcome to MH. It's nice to see more gya on here.

Our taste in music is quite different for the most part but I used to go see BFN and Zigzag has recently piqued my interest. Sadly I'm in northern Kanto and they don't seem to be playing in Tokyo any time soon but I might be making my way down to Osaka this summer.

On 5/18/2016 at 3:46 PM, ryuhime said:

I love ジン! So happy to see another fan, I feel like they need more attention around here. :P Welcome aboard! It's always nice to see things from the point of view of fans living in Japan.

I adore ジン. They are the first band I went and saw and will always have a special place in my heart! Yeah, I was kind of surprised. There is little to no mention of them on these boards. They need lots of love! Thanks for the welcome. :3

On 5/18/2016 at 4:23 PM, Euthanasia said:

Welcome to MH! 

Lived in Japan myself for some time so it's nice meeting members who live there now lol.

Nice music taste btw! Elysion deserves more love.

I love Elysion. They played at Kansai Rock Summit at a shit small venue and were still really good. Bidoh's voice is just... ugh. Thanks for the welcome :)

On 5/18/2016 at 5:01 PM, anakuro said:

yeah i think it was pretty full for a while based on the twitter. i heard a lot of people complaining about the venue choice. not sure why they didn't use BRONZE or Pangea again. btw no LOL it was not JANUS. it was AtlantiQs or whatever. JANUS was the biggest venue they used this year--500 person capacity. It's were XAA-XAA played. 

I was at work so I literally only showed up in time for XAA-XAA lol would have been fun running around this year again. Glad you seemed to enjoy yourself though.

Ah that's a shame. My friend and I were curious as to why they didn't cover up the support drummer this time. Um, well, Kei was Shounenki's support drummer like 2 years ago and he suddenly stopped so you probably wouldn't have recognized him. It took me a while to connect the dots myself. Shounenki's support drummer for like the past year was some guy named AL iirc

No, no, I know you're not lol she's back in Germany and you mentioned some bands that she's never mentioned liking & she was going to ZigZag right when they first started. But Smileberry (and LUCHe), Sick2, MeteoroiD & ZigZag are all bands she likes. We probably haven't met since I avoid Nagoya like the plague--I did go for Heartless though...--but we can totally be friends :) I've been a bangya in Japan for nearly 4 years now lol...

Yeah AlantiQs! Sorry, I got them mixed up. I just remember the names of some of the live houses. I ran from there to JANUS to go see Smileberry. I was soaked in sweat by the end of it, it was not cute :/ 

You worked on a Sunday? God that sounds terrible. I'm lucky I got out in time on Saturday to head over to Osaka.

Actually, I might have saw him because I was here two years ago studying abroad which was when I started going to lives. A friend of mine is more of a fan of Shounenki than I am so she's seen them more. I don't think I really ever went out of my way to see them but if they were there we definitely were excited. All in all I've been at this for about two years now, just with a break in between to go back to graduate LOL.

:( You and all the bands I like avoid Nagoya like the plague LOL. Honestly, I think Tokyo is worse for lives (and travel in general) than Nagoya by far but that's a personal opinion. The Kansai Rock Summit was the first time I went to Osaka specifically for  a live and the fans seemed okay. Not as bad as Tokyo but I think the Nagoya scene is smaller and girls can get a little crazy online if you show up often. I will probably be moving to Osaka later this year to live with a friend so you might see me around more!

2 hours ago, BangyaWanabii said:

Yeah AlantiQs! Sorry, I got them mixed up. I just remember the names of some of the live houses. I ran from there to JANUS to go see Smileberry. I was soaked in sweat by the end of it, it was not cute :/ 

You worked on a Sunday? God that sounds terrible. I'm lucky I got out in time on Saturday to head over to Osaka.

Actually, I might have saw him because I was here two years ago studying abroad which was when I started going to lives. A friend of mine is more of a fan of Shounenki than I am so she's seen them more. I don't think I really ever went out of my way to see them but if they were there we definitely were excited. All in all I've been at this for about two years now, just with a break in between to go back to graduate LOL.

:( You and all the bands I like avoid Nagoya like the plague LOL. Honestly, I think Tokyo is worse for lives (and travel in general) than Nagoya by far but that's a personal opinion. The Kansai Rock Summit was the first time I went to Osaka specifically for  a live and the fans seemed okay. Not as bad as Tokyo but I think the Nagoya scene is smaller and girls can get a little crazy online if you show up often. I will probably be moving to Osaka later this year to live with a friend so you might see me around more!

I'd never even heard of AtlantiQs until this kansai rock summit tbh. And I've been pretty much Osaka exclusive for almost a year now...

Yeah I worked & ran the the live. The day before had been work then seeing my friend's band + the after party. And then the day before that was Hysteric Panic. It's just as tiring as it sounds!!

Ohh well then yeah you might have seen him! I honestly don't know when Kei quit doing support for Shounenki. It seemed to be a pretty sudden thing. My friend who loves Shounenki is mad at him because she thinks it must have been bad blood between him and the members lol But I kinda love Kei. He's great. Hoping to say hello on the 2nd when I end up seeing ZigZag next..

Hahaha to each their own. I just don't like Nagoya itself. Plus as me and every person from Nagoya that I know says "there's nothing in Nagoya." Traveling to Nagoya actually used to be the most difficult for me since I lived in Shimane for three years. It was easier to fly to Tokyo than to go to Nagoya.

Tokyo I don't like the live houses as much as I like in Osaka. But as far as the gya go I've always followed bands with really friendly gya from both Tokyo and Osaka (lately I follow more Osaka bands though) so I haven't had any major issues. Though I have heard worse things about things happening with Tokyo bands--they're just ones I don't go see so it doesn't affect me.