SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

^ Yeah PCSX2 is great isn't it? :D I recommend playing FFXII IZJS (International Zodiac Job System) English patched version, you can only play this version on emulator because it was never released here in the states , but the changes that it makes to the game are amazing! definitely the best way to play the best PS2 FF IMO.

I have 1 PS4 Destiny Beta Code and 1 PS3 Destiny Beta code up for grabs! I think they are US PSN account only though so keep that in mind, PM if your interested :D

Playing Dark Souls 2 again after a 1 month break, gonna try and finish the 1st DLC tonight. Also re-started Path of Exile, still having mixed feelings about it as it is mostly clicking :S

^ Yeah PCSX2 is great isn't it? :D I recommend playing FFXII IZJS (International Zodiac Job System) English patched version, you can only play this version on emulator because it was never released here in the states , but the changes that it makes to the game are amazing! definitely the best way to play the best PS2 FF IMO.

hmmn, i'm a bit torn i have to admit. i'm discussing with my friend if we should either continue the story with x-2 or go on with xii. it obviously has an appeal to complete the story of x, the game we already finished, but x-2 seems to get a lot of shit (at least in western countries, where as in japanese rankings x-2 seems to be miles in front of xii...)

any recommendations with that in mind? i might add i'm totally fine with the main-cast beeing all female and singing in a girlgroup, i liked lulu as a character and yuna and rikku were ok too, so no problems there...

hmmn, i'm a bit torn i have to admit. i'm discussing with my friend if we should either continue the story with x-2 or go on with xii. it obviously has an appeal to complete the story of x, the game we already finished, but x-2 seems to get a lot of shit (at least in western countries, where as in japanese rankings x-2 seems to be miles in front of xii...)

any recommendations with that in mind? i might add i'm totally fine with the main-cast beeing all female and singing in a girlgroup, i liked lulu as a character and yuna and rikku were ok too, so no problems there...

honestly, x-2 won't ever beat x, but it's a great game with its own great story. Depending on how you play and how much you complete (percentage wise) changes the ending. I've gotten the sad ending once and made me hate the game, so don't do that. hahaha. But all in all, the game is great and you should go for it! The dress-spheres are fun also, especially the "ultra" ones you get mid-game. So it's a cross-class kind of thing. I don't know if you have the X/X-2 remastered version or not, but there are a few dresspheres on that one that weren't in the original western release that made the game ten times better. 

With all that said... Definitely give it a go.

just depends. X-2's story is ass but the battle system is really fun and addicting so lots of people play it just for that alone. X had a good story and a semi decent battle system, that's why most people consider it to be better than X-2. I always considered XII to be the best PS2 FF because it was the one that got both the story and the battle system completely right, the story and setting are amazing and way more interesting than X and X-2 and the battle system is really good, probably my favorite FF battle system... but you know I'm a sucker for real time battle mechanics so that might be why XD

Anyways I'm currently playing UNIEL (Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late) since yesterday when it came out on the JP PSN store. It's really good so far and definitely a fun and addicting fighting game.

I finally started the new Tomb Raider a few nights ago (I've had it since the winter steam sale...) and it's pretty glorious graphics and all, I'm having a lot of fun actually which I've heard that it was a really good game... I don't know why I put off playing it for so long. Also on a side note my rig is handling it like a boss with tressFX (the neat hair effects) on running at 60 FPS sometimes dipping down to 55 FPS in some areas. 

Finished playing Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons last night. Beautiful game that left me a single tear drop. This is a great example of a game where the visuals tell the story, no dialogues.

Started up Dishonored and completed the intro part. I'm liking it so far.

Still plowing through Payday 2 as my go to game after coming home from work.

Just bought The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on steam since it just released today... pretty much the best PSP JRPG and hell probably one of the best JRPGs released in the past decade! I'm really looking forward to re-playing this port with the achievements and even more excited to finally be able to play SC later this winter when XSEED localizes and ports it to steam :D People need to support FC and SC if we want to get a localization of TC.

Also ordered The Last of Us Remastered, it should arrive here in a few days :D 

I just bought The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky myself. Played the first 15 min of it and already in love with it. There's a lot of small numerous bugs that hinders the gameplay so I'm waiting on some of those fixes before I start playing again.

Yeah I'm waiting on some of the bug fixes as well, but they should be resolved soon. The localization team have been really good about responding on the steam forums in the days leading up to release and today during all the bug reports.

I bought some games at the store of ps3:

- Child of Light: gorgeous, beautiful graphics and beautiful music. I'm liking the battle system and I'm loving that every dialogue is spoken in rhymes.
- Valiant Hearts -the great war- : omg, this one has an awesome and beautiful story as well, loving the graphics so far, and the fact that the game is inspired by letters written during the great war makes it a lot more emotional and real to me.
- Mugen Souls: I bought it because of the hype this one had back then, also for the anime themed graphics... well, I still have to start with it and I wanted to ask you guys if I did a good choice buying this game, it is good or I screwed it up on this one?
- OKAMI HD: played it on the ps2 and I think it doesn't need any introduction, this was a masterpiece for me, everything in this game is gorgeous.

What I've been playing lately? a lot of JoJo, A LOT OF JOJO!, I simply can't get enough of the game.

About Mugen Souls it really just depends on whether your're into those types of niche games along the lines of disgaea and other similar titles. There is nothing particularly bad about the game gameplay wise, It's just about if you're into those types of games which I assume you are since you bought it in the first place :) otherwise the game is fun and the sequel just came out here Mugen Souls Z so you have something to look forward to once you finish the first.

Yeah, I noticed Mugen Souls Z at the store. I thought about buying them both but I decided to wait until I finish the first one.
I'm not a big fan of that kind of strategy based battle system but if I enjoyed Disgaea I think I'm gonna like this one.
Thanks for the quick response, saku. I really appreciate it :)

I bought a lot of games this week and I'm really hyped to start playing them! I have three more games I still want to buy on the PSN store which are Child of Light, Ni no Kuni and Okami HD. I've seen Ni no Kuni for like 20$ in stores but the guy at the store told me it's a lot cheaper on PSN so I think I'll buy it there. RPG with studio Ghibli doing the animation? Yes pls.

Anyone who liked FFX should look into Shadow Hearts. Cool RPG in a similar style, but much darker, and I believe it was made by ex-Square people as well.

honestly, x-2 won't ever beat x, but it's a great game with its own great story. Depending on how you play and how much you complete (percentage wise) changes the ending. I've gotten the sad ending once and made me hate the game, so don't do that. hahaha. But all in all, the game is great and you should go for it! The dress-spheres are fun also, especially the "ultra" ones you get mid-game. So it's a cross-class kind of thing. I don't know if you have the X/X-2 remastered version or not, but there are a few dresspheres on that one that weren't in the original western release that made the game ten times better.

With all that said... Definitely give it a go.

I second this. I would recommend following a guide too. First time I played through, I got to the final area and my game said I was 30% finished. Turned out I had missed TONS of stuff which I couldn't go back and do. So, I restarted and then followed a guide, and even though I did use a guide, I had a really fun time. Not on the same level as FFX, but it has a charm of its own.

I was just ecstatic that I was running through some of the same areas as I did in FFX a few years earlier, it was so cool :) I'm gonna play it again after I beat the FFX HD Remix.

My limited edition Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited arrived yesterday so you already know I'm going in hard on my vita right now. Also I'm still slowly playing through The Last of Us remastered whenever I have the time. I also still am playing Tomb Raider on PC I'm almost done with it too, but I am finding it hard to actually get time to play it right now with everything else... I need to finish it soon.

Other than that I'm gonna be picking up Tales of Xillia 2 next week when it drops, but I seriously don't know when I'll have the time to play that, It'll probably get shelved for a few weeks until I can clear some time for it. Other than that I'm not really planning on getting anything else until mid September when Destiny comes out and then I'll most likely be lost in it for months to come :)

Anyone who liked FFX should look into Shadow Hearts. Cool RPG in a similar style, but much darker, and I believe it was made by ex-Square people as well.

I loved Shadow Hearts!  I have two of the games on PS2.  Very dark game indeed but sooooo good!

I just bought Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics A2, both for the DS. I'm liking CT so far but it will be awhile before I get the hype behind this game.

Nostalgia. If you didn't play it 15 years ago then it's not gonna be as significant to you compared to the people who experienced it back in the day. Best RPG from that era tho imo.