SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

It's good but it's kinda hard to say how it will turn out as the build that they are using for the beta is quite old (probably a 6-8 month old build) and not to mention a lot of the final game assets are not included such as ultra res textures and models, etc. so really the beta is serving more as a server stress test than anything else. but It is fun and you can tell that the destruction is ramped up a whole lot more than frostbite 2. as for if your gonna be able to run it, I would say if you can run BF3 relatively well on high settings then you should probably have no problem running this at launch. Since they both are running on technically the same engine it would be safe to assume that there should be no problems, if you want you could always just download the beta and test yourself, but be warned like I said it is an old build and their have been issues with certain graphics cards so even if you test it and it doesn't run as well as you hope it's probably due to the build.

if you don't mind me asking what are your pc specs? I should be able to tell you if you'll be able to run it decently based on your setup.

My specs are:

AMD phenom II black edition OC'ed 3.8 GHZ

MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozer Boost Edition

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

16 GB Crucial Ballistics Ram

BF4 'feels' alright so far.... it feels more like BF 3.1 then BF4. A lot of the people I play with though arent diggin' it as much and quite a few of them have cancelled their pre-order. 

I like the look of it generally, it plays well. but the China map would have been pretty good if DICE didnt give people the opportunities to get onto roof tops - At least make it harder to get onto roof tops or make it so there are only a few buildings where you can climb onto rooms because Snipers are like a nasty infestation of bedbugs - Once they get onto the roof its hard to get them off it then depending on which side is losing the game, everyone on the losing side just morphs into a sniper like a power ranger. 

If people are doing it in the beta - they sure as hell will do it in the final game and that just annoys me immensely in the game - faggot snipers camping on roofs picking off stragglers because their too dumb to realise that Battlefield is a team based game and being on a roof doesnt help the team unless their spotting armor for engineers but even then how many armored vehicles are there going to be? Not even 5. youre not gonna be very useful if youre gonna try and spot tanks from a rooftop a mile away from where the action is.

My setup

Intel [email protected]

2x MSI 680 OC in SLi

Asus X79 Pro

16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast.

Running on Ultra and easily get a steady 100-130fps. Ive heard people complain about frame drops but i havent experienced any.

Not too sure if im gonna cancel my pre-order too and put the money towards titanfall, BF4 will be good but it wont be revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination and its definitely not a huge step away from BF3. One thing i hate the most is that im gonna have to unlock everything all over again and i havent even unlocked all of the stuff yet on BF3 as i dont play it 24/7. Thats particularly a big issue for me. 

yeah that might be a little weak... what kind of performance do you get out of BF3 with that setup? if you upgrade anything it needs to be the graphics card, your cpu is decent enough that it should be fine and if you OC it there should be no worries.. but your gpu definitely needs an upgrade I would say. I would look into picking up a nvidia gtx 660 or 670 card, they have become quite affordable in the 200-350 dollar price range recently... or if you want to go for the major upgrade and splurge then just get a 780 and then you won't have to worry about upgrading for a long time (probably for the next 2-3 years).

yeah that might be a little weak... what kind of performance do you get out of BF3 with that setup? if you upgrade anything it needs to be the graphics card, your cpu is decent enough that it should be fine and if you OC it there should be no worries.. but your gpu definitely needs an upgrade I would say. I would look into picking up a nvidia gtx 660 or 670 card, they have become quite affordable in the 200-350 dollar price range recently... or if you want to go for the major upgrade and splurge then just get a 780 and then you won't have to worry about upgrading for a long time (probably for the next 2-3 years).

I would recommend a GTX760 over a 660, the price difference is not so bad. the 660 is pretty much EOL.

I would say a 760 if on a budget, a 770 if you can afford something more and 780 if you have the money to spare. the 780 costs a lotta money but that WILL be the only card you will ever need for the next 3-4years unless you want to run dual/triple monitors.

Checking out google, you should be able to get that i5-760 to about 3.8Ghz but even at its base clock its fast enough that it shouldn't bottleneck a more powerful card.

However, Ive just noticed another area you can improve your performance.... get faster DDR3 - you will need at least 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz - any faster ram wont make much of a difference with 'lesser' uber setups like yours unless all you do is benchmark shit all day. 

Who the hell told you to get 667Mhz ram anyway??? thats just baaaaaaaad

NBA 2K14, its been 5 years since playing an NBA game and its my first time playing a 2K series game, it so good. But from what I remember, NBA Live still had better controls, this thumb stick to control everything sucks. Now if madden could release a PC version of their game

I have a Steam library of 150+ games aquired over several years of Steam sales and Humble Bundles, and I don't know which one of it to play next. :emo: So I just end up playing Civ 5 again an again.

I have a Steam library of 150+ games aquired over several years of Steam sales and Humble Bundles, and I don't know which one of it to play next. :emo: So I just end up playing Civ 5 again an again.

You collect them, not play them - Its a disease.

I'll work my way through. I recently finished Dishonored and the main story arcs of Skyrim. Also, Papers Please (not all 20 endings, but the major ones, and all archievements) - brilliant game btw, that I can warmly recommend. (And it just so happens to be on sale on Steam atm.)

Picking a new game and working myself into the controls, story etc. is usually the problem, but once that it is done, I can spend more time on them that I probably should, lol.

I played a lot of Sega Genesis games recently...

of course SHMUP

Gaiares (not normal)

Gley Lancer

Musha Aleste Fullmetal Fighter Ellinor (interesting!)

Sagaia II (strongly recommend!)

Thunder Force IV (a little hard)

Truxton (very difficult!)

Curse (o.O)

Empire Of Steel (the second industrial revolution...)

Fire Shark (want me to sleep)

Grind Stormer & V Five (seperated the same game into two upgrade systems, wtf!)

Sol Deace (just another try of old-school side-scrolling shmup)

and some TurboGrafx games...

Darius Plus (epic shmup!)

Download (difficult but fun)

Final Soldier (I'm a big fan of Hudson's games)

Super Star Soldier (Hudson's)

Soldier Blade (Hudson's)

R-Type (another IREM's epic!)

Image Fight (extremely difficult!!!!! xD)

Gunhed (a truly clone of Hudson's soldier series? nope it's original)

only 5 in my steam account and I hav had mine for a year already, I'm pretty selective and prefer games that gives a lot of replay value. I tried playing Last Remnant by Square Enix, great deal during the summer sale, too much of a grinder imo, gave up 50 hours in.

I gave up on The Last Remnant after like 3-4 hours. I hated the play style of it, it just didn't come off as even remotely fun imo.

Been playing Batman Arkham Origins since it released at midnight (steam preload ftw!), it has been amazing so far. Definitely living up to the quality that Rocksteady has set for the arkham games, and tbqh I was skeptical this new studio would be able to pull it off since they are rather unproven but after playing the first 2-3 hours of the game I can honestly say those doubts have been dispelled almost completely. as far as performance goes, my pc seems to handling it quite well as I'm sticking to 50-60 fps at all times, outside and inside. It also seems they improved the direct x11 from the past games. Only thing is i need to figure out how i can get hybrid physx to work with this game like i got it with city... then it'll look truly amazing :D

Now I just want to know what Rocksteady has been working on since Arkham City? I presume it's another batman game that takes place after the events of city since origins is obviously a prequel to asylum. Can't wait for that.

I also just bought the new Phoenix Wright game from the 3DS eshop with some funds I had just sitting on there, haven't played yet but I'll get to it soon... hopefully. that is if pokemon doesn't steal my handheld gaming life away from me xD

Just sat here and blazed thru 999 in like 6 hours. Imma try and get all the endings before I have to return it to gamefly XD

Just playing the beginning of Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen !

Just checked my messages on psn for the first time in a few weeks and found out I've been invited to take part in the Dark Souls II closed beta.... I'm hella hyped right now, I know what I'll be doing all week XD