SUBLIMINAL

What video games are you currently playing?

Well it was fifty dollars on steam for the complete package version, which would have been the one I would have bought because I like to have everything... and I can agree that some mmo's have gone to shit because of F2P, like Star Wars: the old republic, but that is partly because it was shit to begin with lol.

But there's ton's of mmo's that have pulled it off, look at Guild Wars II, they've been F2P since launch and that game is amazing and they still support the community. They release new content every two weeks and they're actually approaching they're one year anniversary here in a few weeks.. and the most important thing is that the user base is still humongous and very active due to the copious amount of content arenanet is always pumping out. and I'm gonna be real with you, I don't think I've ever even seen a micro transaction menu in that game.. probably because I don't go looking for that shit in the first place. 

my point is just this; why would you want to pay upwards of fifty dollars for the game and let's say you plan on playing the game for six months (at around 15 dollars a month) which comes out to almost $150, and that can turn into even more if you decide to play more which you should if the developer is doing they're fucking job and constantly bettering their game with patch's and new content. So why pay that much when there is obvious better games that you can play (such as Guild wars II) for a fraction of the cost? There is no good reason.

And no I'm not attacking Square or the development team, because most likely this wasn't even their decision.. I put money on it that this whole subscription based shit probably came all the way from corporate square enix so basically corrupt marketing people that are only interested in how much money they can get from their consumers.

Oh and here's a little food for thought, World of Warcraft (you know the biggest subscription based mmo (which is also one of the last sub based mmo's) of all time) is actually getting ready to go Free to play very soon, probably by the beginning of next year.

Edit: Oh and you do make a good point about the server cost issue, but like I said before if they're supporting their game well after launch like they should for an mmo then it should be no problem pulling in more and more new players which should drive sales well after launch. that should be more than sufficient to pay server costs. and micro transactions add too that too, which I have a very firm stand on micro transactions and that is that they should never be intrusive and break the immersion and feeling of the game.. so basically don't throw micro trans menu in my face throughout the game. It should be noted at the beginning of the game that you can do micro transactions and where to access this feature and then never bring it up again after. that's how I feel about it.

also if anyone hasn't guessed I'm extremely pro F2P, when it's done right that is...

civilisation 5

it's really frustrating... each time you "just start a little civ5-session" ... swoooosh, 15 hours gone O_O (oh sunrise, that you already? maybe i could start a multiplayer-match with my buddy now aswell... 50 hours straight awake because of that darn game :P)

also witcher 2, pretty cool so far

I downloaded OFF, i started playing it but got distracted. 

Its kind of like pixel...sort of horror game?

Idk i should try and play it more and then come and tell you more about it.

I beat Ape Escape 1 for the PS1 quite recently. It's still a hella fun game, despite the dated graphics. Also been playing Donkey Kong Country on a snes emulator, though I've always liked DKC2 and DKC3 better.

Been playing a shit ton of GTAV since it came out last week, and I was thinking of doing a quick run through "Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness" for the story recap since the direct sequel "Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness" is finally coming out here in a few weeks.

DISHONORED for Xbox, good but its really confusing and difficult at times because what youre /suppoed/ to do is try and stealthily sleeper hold people and not kill them (because its set in the time of the plague and killing people = more rot etc etc) but other than that its cool and the story line is good.

My roommate scored bioshock 1&2 from someone for 10$ so i think i'll try those too.
Im honestly surprised i havent played them yet lol.

Just beat Machinarium...it was decently fun, but some of the puzzles were just so convoluted...just just plain hard. 

The music was fantastic though, some of the best video game music I have heard in a while. The visuals were pretty great too.

played a bit of wow recently again since a friend of mine did so and i got 10 free days for reactivating my old account. played up to lvl 52 or so. was fun to do so but i guess i'm not much of a statistics-gamer (also i suck at actual "gaming" itself :P) so it was more of having a reason to hang out with friends, which is cool, but i don't want to pay for that...

I've been playing a lot of battlefield 4 beta (PC) since it dropped last week and other than that I finally setup my copy of Batman Arkham City GOTY for PC and have been playing it trying to get back into the controls and such since origins come out later this month.

Going to pick up my copies of Beyond Two souls and Disgaea D2 tomorrow also and then Pokemon X this weekend! which I'm hella hyped for X and Y, I don't think I've been this hyped for a pokemon game since the third gen on gameboy advanced (ruby, saphire, emerald) and that was like 10 years ago xD and with all the information leaks going on it's just making me more hyped, every single time I see a new mega evolution I just about die a little because I know i can't play yet >.<