Wicked Teletubby

BABYMETAL new album 「METAL RESISTANCE」 2016.04.01 release

And kawaiiness is back. This actually brings back the feel before they release their first full album. Looking forward..

Too djnet. The appeal of Japanese metal to me is they haven't embraced djent monotony. But I guess the girls want global appeal.

They did and are still doing that for a while - unfortunately.

I remember back in 2013 when a considerable number of McH users couldn't stand BABYMETAL :P

ppl stay switching up

i didnt dislike it. I wish they would have hired Parris Goebel though

I'm sad that the vinyl cover is just text. That promo pic of the three of them would look siiiiick on vinyl size.

Also, I love the track. I think there's a better balance between the "baby" and "metal" parts, and the chorus really sticks with me. Songs like "gimme choco" were just too....sweet(nopunintended)

I've checked out Babymetal before and while I can't deem anything of theirs as bad, it's just not for me. That cutesy stuff is just a turn off and a lot of the time the musicianship is a hit or miss. Everything i've checked out has like 0 replay value to me. But i was curious and decided to check this thread out for the hell of it.

I checked out Karate and this is my initial reaction:

Black-Guy-Shocked-Face-Meme-20.gif

I have to give cred where cred is due. This song, mainly the instrumentals was pretty nice. Loads better than the stuff i've heard b4.

The metalcore junkie in me REALLY wishes there was some kind of sick breakdown at the end or something though lol. 

I'll try and give this upcoming album a full, open minded spin, maybe i may find some more gems like this one.

I remember back in 2013 when a considerable number of McH users couldn't stand BABYMETAL :P

Still not my type.

Sure, metal is not supposed to be limited to br00tal sound but hardcore chugs with whiny girls singing poppy tunes over it doesesn't appeal much to me.

Plastic band.

I gotta be honest. I gave their first album a good, fair re-listen and I really enjoyed it this time. There are tracks I'd genuinely listen to again.

Kind of excited for this new album now.

+1 for Kyary Metal Pamyu

I was against this group as well. Until I saw them live and it blew my mind, that girl can REALLY sing and she deserves credit. The other two may seem useless, but they make the performance fun and the band is good live as well.  I'm looking forward to this and also looking forward to going to their gig again. But every time they come over here it's sold out instantly.

(this group = / = kyary )