Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY to release new single "LOTUS"

Then I have just the right forum for you: http://impact-media.me.uk/forums/index.php

No mods/admins whatsoever, you can troll/bash/insult all you want there.

If people knew where to stop we wouldn't have to slap them on their wrists all the time. But in the end, some people will always whine. Either because we are too strict, or not strict enough. Neverending story.

Now, can we actually have a discussion about the single here, or will I have to lock this thread alltogether?

I'll try make this go back on topic...

I keep listening to the preview, I love the guitar style. It sounds more like their Vulgur/Withering/Marrow days rather than Uroboros/Hageshisa's style.

I keep listening to the preview, I love the guitar style. It sounds more like their Vulgur/Withering/Marrow days rather than Uroboros/Hageshisa's style.

Were you not a fan of Uroboros/Hageshisa or was this just a general comment and didn't reflect your feelings on Uroboros/Hageshisa any?

My feelings now? The guitar/vocal combination sounded weird first, but it's something new to me at least, so hooray's on the creative side. I'll probably end up loving the song, but if it sucks, i'll love it until the shine of a new Dir en grey song wears off.

I hope it has skull crushing double bass 8)

This. lol.

I'm not an avid Dir en Grey fan, so I don't follow them beyond checking out their music whenever they release something new. Is there any reason in particular why this single is spaced so far apart from Hageshisa?

Not any that I can think of. It seems like after TMOAB they've been releasing less singles inbetween albums. The span between Dozing Green and Glass Skin was just as long as this (maybe a little shorter).

@CAT:

It's a theme of Dir en grey for releases in the past few years. They release an album, then follow it up about a year later with a single, and then another year or so later with another single. This culminates in an album announcement relatively soon after. It's not exact, but that is generally what has gone on since they released Withering to death. By this logic, we should also see a new album from them or at least the announcement of one sometime soon.

Melody-wise, I don't think it is very similar at all. However, I can see where you're coming from since he's using nearly the same vocal range.

Instrumental-wise? Not at all.

yeah, i am repeating myself here,
but i also don't get how it's sounds similar to or why people associated it with hageshisa to...
it's sounded more hard rock than metal to me, judging from this preview anyway.

Just listened to the preview, and hmm, it's an okay song judging from those 16 seconds. Only thing slightly annoying me is the Kyo's voice. I'm just hoping that it turns out to be a misleading preview.

is it just me or does it sound very similar to Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami ....

it does, they're certainly headed in one direction (and I hope it will be kept for the album as well.)

Were you not a fan of Uroboros/Hageshisa or was this just a general comment and didn't reflect your feelings on Uroboros/Hageshisa any?

general comment :P

I was a fan of both releases. But Hageshisa could have been tagged on the end of UROBOROS. I want this track to be something different entirely.

The track just feels like it falls within that melodic, hard rock sound that Vulgur/Withering had. Its my favourite era of the band as well so I'll always hope for it to come back in some shape.

But then again, this does have the feel of the "poppy chorus" of Hageshisa and all around this snippet could be growling, screaming, squealing and other assorted noises.

I'm not an avid Dir en Grey fan, so I don't follow them beyond checking out their music whenever they release something new. Is there any reason in particular why this single is spaced so far apart from Hageshisa?

It's because Dir en grey, much like Maximum the hormone, are lucky enough to be one of the only japanese bands that isn't forced to release material by management or record labels etc. In the past they were I can imagine, but now they truly have 100% musical freedom. That and they were just busy.

It's because Dir en grey, much like Maximum the hormone, are lucky enough to be one of the only japanese bands that isn't forced to release material by management or record labels etc. In the past they were I can imagine, but now they truly have 100% musical freedom.

^^;;;;;

I made a mistake, there are many japanese bands that are exempt from terrible contracts, but they are completely outside of the VK scene. vk bands are held to contracts to release a certain amount of releases a year, most other japanese bands aren't.

i didnt really want to generalize all of japanese music.

a fan has reported from one of the recent lives that the new obscure is completely different and completely re-arranged. this is very awesome news.