[PV participating artists]
Gt.兆-kizasi- (ex-【Ecthelion】-エクセリオン-)
Gt.Rian (the LOTUS)
Rin Rin Doll
dubbybunny
megumi munakata

CHEVpEyVIAAc25z.jpg
CHTivuAUsAAdfMM.jpg

I agree with emmny. Wasn't his previous solo shit humiliation enough ? I guess he'll have to be bullied out of VK, but it also looks like he has enough money to buy his way through VK industry. The fact that a PSC artist is related with this scares me the most.

^^yeah im with you on that but he has 100k followers WTF this is disturbing

either way he can waste his money in peace i doubt actual vk fans care

Can this topic moved to european band forum thing? He is not real Japanese vk...

Even if a few Japanese dudes from japan play with him...

Still doesn'tbelong in Japanese news forum section.

But back to topic.

He is loved by Japanese people. They adore him. So... haters...does make him more famous.

Hmm, why is this classified as Visual Kei?

There's nothing either aesthetically or musically that says Visual Kei, in my opinion o.O

at this point i can't even be sure whether the posts above are serious questions, but let's assume they are...

this qualifies as vk news because he used to play in a vk band, even if what he's doing now isn't ostensibly vk. it's the same reason why d=out's vocalist's stuff is also classified under vk, and will continue to be even if the band doesn't exist anymore. being a gaijin or not is irrelevant. and as much as you might like to insist otherwise, there are plenty of overtly japanese aesthetic elements in the pv above.

now that i've made this post i realize i've wasted a few minutes responding to downright meaningless accusations that no one would even think of raising if the artist in question is japanese. it's sad and funny that seba and yohio threads are always magnets for such off-the-charts cynicism and bashing to the point that the mere mention of their names alongside 'vk' (or existence of threads about them) would somehow pulverize the untouchable sanctuary in our minds that is vk, or japanese music, or whatever.

I don't care about his nationality. I am surprised this is classified as Visual kei.

Youtube gave more videos of this singer and nothing Visual Kei about him and his music. His looks are more like emo and his music sounds like some sort electro-gothic thing. Perhaps, labeling him as Visual kei is a strategy to get people to notice him or to find himself a place in the japanese music industry or both... Who knows...

His name is perfect for a Visual Kei band though XD

Playing in a band with some Japanese guys doesn't make you eligible to be a "Japanese muscian", not while you're in this band, nor after. I haven't ever heard of anyone suddenly changing race. Also, I don't know if you are talking about Kouki or Tsukasa — but I'd classify neither of them part of the current Visual Kei scene. Kouki is doing general ballads while simply looking like a sun-burnt Asian pretty-boy, and Tsukasa is doing enka while in makeup. 

I know bands from Sweden and Finland that play this type of music, dress in extravagant clothing — have platinum hair and wear makeup. Does that make them Visual Kei? No, because they're not Japanese. Anywhere outside of Japan this is simply called "glam rock" or anything you can think of that derives from the word "glamorous". 

These guys (Sebastiano and Yohio, and a few other names that can also be mentioned) are only "part of the scene" because they're born in rich families who can buy their way into the music industry, any part of the music industry they desire. They can buy whatever clothes they desire, and they can hire anyone to write their music for them. 

These guys (Sebastiano and Yohio, and a few other names that can also be mentioned) are only "part of the scene" because they're born in rich families who can buy their way into the music industry, any part of the music industry they desire. They can buy whatever clothes they desire, and they can hire anyone to write their music for them. 

this^

@hiroki thats the beef no one cares about japanese music being inpenetrable its the fact that they're--for lack of a better word--complete and utter posers that throw themselves in visual kei via their money and get attention for what their wealth has fabricated for them. they otherwise dont have the talent for such a fanbase, and thats what i dont like about yohio or that sebastiano idiot

bitter oldfag for life

Hahaha, Nick Jonas.

Although Nick now looks like a bodybuilder.

I didn't know this guy was rich.

The impression I got from watching some of his videos is that there is some sort of fetish for Japanese culture going on. As when you just discover, let's say, anime or Visual Kei and then that leads you to know more about Japanese culture and it is like you enter in fantasy world that you always dreamt of.

While I have no sympathy for this guy and his music whatsoever, I find it amusing that some people tend to associate the vk genre as an ethnic one rather than a cultural one. Sure, VK is a firmly rooted Japanese subculture, but claiming that someone is ineligible to play in a visual kei band because of their skin colour is about as logical as saying that blues or jazz music, equally firmly rooted in the black culture of America, should be exclusively played by black people.

The problem with people like Yohio and perhaps this guy (I honestly do not know enough about him to tell) has been explained pretty well above in regards to talent and/or unjustified fame, but there's plenty of domestic japanese artists I'd want to use the same words to describe, to be quite honest.

It's not about western people playing in visual kei bands, its what most do when they are trying to be vk, that's a problem.

Or else let's enforce racial exclusivity on all genres and subcultures based on who ostensibly founded it, but I think most would agree that's not preferable or even doable in practice. 

I can't speak on Kouki, but Tsukasa has absolutely said he is a visual enka artist. He's not just "doing enka while wearing make up". He's still as vk as he ever was, he's just doing a different style musically.

Also as much as people don't like that someone can buy their way into vk, do you think some of your precious japanese bands don't do the EXACT same thing? You're calling him a poser because he's foriegn, but he's no better or worse than many others in the scene. Race shouldn't matter. If he was ethnically Japanese but born and raised in another country would you say all of that? Somehow I doubt it.

^lol like what bands?

honestly if i found a japanese artist making that same edm pop whatever he is ass music, i'd be suspiciousif they found themselves within that label of visual kei. even for all the talentless musicians, i doubt there's any that sound as bad as him on his level. the indiefags play with the indiefags, but this is someone who clearly should be on that scale but is getting attention typical of """better"""" bands because his daddy bought his weeb connections. just my thoughts~

There are bands in every single country/scene that buy their way in. Especially in places like Japan that are "pay to play" it's not all that uncommon. Disliking his music because it's terrible is one thing, disliking him because he's a foreigner is different. I don't even listen to this guy but some of the comments in here were just ridiculous.

I don't think his music is bad; just nothing Visual Kei in what he offers and not my type of music.

I don't agree with the statement that Visual Kei can only be performed by Japanese people. Remember the gaijin who plays(ed) with Kyouka (from the glorious band Aliene Ma'riage)?

Visual Kei is not ethnicity; it is a way of expression.

I don't think his music is bad; just nothing Visual Kei in what he offers and not my type of music.

I don't agree with the statement that Visual Kei can only be performed by Japanese people. Remember the gaijin who plays(ed) with Kyouka (from the glorious band Aliene Ma'riage)?

Visual Kei is not ethnicity; it is a way of expression.

off topic but WHAT???? waa this covered on the site??? when did a westerner play with kyouka LOL i cant believe i've never heard of that

Sign in to follow this