Rosebetz

the GazettE new album "DOGMA" 8/2015 release

After reading up on this release and contemplating their latest efforts, I went back and listened to Beautiful Deformity again.  When comparing it to other releases from other VK groups, I tend to still enjoy it and feel it is good music.  I think the issue is that I just expect great things with every release by the band because I have been blown away and addicted to their songs in the past.

As a result, by no means do I feel that this is a "last chance" for the group with me, but I do have to admit that I don't get as hyped for releases by them after trudging through their Toxic era release cycle.  However, I find it strange to hear that other people didn't like Division, especially with tracks like 籠の蛹 [Kago no Sanagi], 余韻 [Yoin] and Gabriel on the Gallows.  I thought those were top notch tracks, and was surprised to hear the overall disappointment within the communities.

I still don't know what the deal is with people hating Toxic. It's not as 'bleep bloop' as everyone thinks it is (Division has a lot more of this going on) and actually has a lot of catchy and varied tunes.

I still don't know what the deal is with people hating Toxic. It's not as 'bleep bloop' as everyone thinks it is (Division has a lot more of this going on) and actually has a lot of catchy and varied tunes.

i am not a big fan of the gazette, but i admit they do make catchy records .

and a comment on this , i love their albums since dim and above , especially toxic and division for being balanced, packed, and well-produced, while dim being the best for being conceptual and unique. before those, they had few great tracks amongst records (reila, hyena, filth, kare uta, etc), but they were too indie-ish to me (altho i see why the majority love their old works)

anyhow, i look forward to their new record, cause the last one "beautiful deformity", again, had few great tracks, but a poor and boring record to me .

I'll check it out as I usually do, but as usual I bet it'll a waste of time. I count 4 awful and 2 mediocre albums from the last 6. In other words there's not any reason whatsoever for me to check it out, but for some reason I'll check it out just in case they've returned to form. Awful.

yar pretty much the same. minus NiL because of nostagic feelings. 3 awful and 2 mediocre albums for me

the last one "beautiful deformity", again, had few great tracks, but a poor and boring record to me .

Same here, I found it really underwhelming bar a few tracks :/

PLEASE don't drop a single just because. XD

Indeed. I'm totally fine with them not putting out singles anymore and taking time between each record. 

Anyways, their new look haunts me in my dreams and I'm so ready for this new album. I'll have a good reason to hate summer a little less this year. Bring it on guys!

I see some people are pretty negative when it come's to The Gazette's releases, I personally haven't enjoyed every album but I have always found something I enjoy on each album, I love The Gazette and hope that this will be another great release! Can't wait! 

I see some people are pretty negative when it come's to The Gazette's releases, I personally haven't enjoyed every album but I have always found something I enjoy on each album, I love The Gazette and hope that this will be another great release! Can't wait! 

I agree with you but this comes whith every release the BAND tries to change the music and go in to a different direction. Eiether it satisfies some people and some will hate it.

The issue with TOXIC is not so much that it was a bleep bloop album, its that the only plausible songs on it were the singles. The rest of the album had a bunch of wtf /lazy tracks on it. Also, there was no real direction from what i remember.

Division was more or less the same thing, despite the claims from Ruki or whoever that it would be "more like (insert album titles)." It got to the point where there was no real differentiation on Uruha and Aoi's parts and hell, Reita was pretty inaudible for the most album. I still believe the whole time constraint of pushing out albums so rapidly was cause for this conundrum. 

LOL "In the Ruki department" I like this..

On that topic, some of the DVD clips shared feature some pretty legitimate screams. I honestly am a fan of the vocal "roar-shouting" that guys like he and Ryouga are known for. but it suffers from monotony when they barely ever break that mold with any genuine screaming. which we know BOTH of those guys are capable of.

I'm a fan too! Although, sometimes it's a little corny (especially how Ryouga does it. But I love corny)

I know most people didn't like In Blossom from BD, but I particularly liked Ruki's "roar-shouting" in the beginning of that song.

I agree that Ruki hasn't let out any good screams in recent songs. I think I remember him doing some pretty good shouting in Gabriel on the Gallows though.

Speaking of "roar-shouting" and Ryouga, check out the preview for God Collapse. It's like roar-shout heaven.

jk you already did hahaaa...

Sounds like your typical guitar work, I can dig it. I'm curious as to if Ruki is doing some screams during that first part or if it's clean vocals during that part

The cover version sounds like standard rhythm section chorus for The GazettE.  I like that type of music, but am hoping the melody is constructed well and the second guitar is differentiated and adds some dimension to the finalized track.

I have to admit that after watching the Standing Heresy DVD Live performances last night, I'm psyched to listen to GazeRock again.  They have gotten a lot of flack the last few years, but I still think they make solid music.

Damn, that's awful. And this song's supposed to appear on the next record? Abandon ship.

It's an old song from their previous album. The PV has existed for a while but for some reason SMEJ only uploaded it to their channel today.

Ehh, right, makes sense? So I completely forgot about this song.

I hope that uploading this video now is not because it's in tune with what's to come... :(