evilcoconut

Sportsball!

Maybe I'm the only sportsball fan here, who knows, but just case anyone else is dying to talk about sports here.  To start, what sports do y'all like?  Favorite teams?  Sometimes it's great to talk sports outside of diehard sports boards.

Mine are:

NFL

Seattle Seahawks

Baltimore Ravens

MLB

San Francisco Giants

Baltimore Orioles

NBA

Golden State Warriors

Indiana Pacers

I'm kinda OCD so I have a favorite in each conference/league whatever lol.  Been a fan of all for a long time, except for the Warriors, because I was a fan of the Sonics before they went bye bye, but then picked up the Warriors to follow Steph Curry.

Football (Soccer for US & Australian people xD) Team : Olympique de Marseille

(for other sport I'm not an inconditional supporter)

I like Hockey too and like Anheim & Kings Team (from California ^^) and like the national Team of USA & Canada (but don't ask me name of player, I'm will incapable to do it)

Like NBA too with Celtics Team and Sacramento Kings ^^

I'm into European football. Newcastle is my team and the EPL is my league. Tend to follow the CL, t some degree EL and big matches in other leagues as well.

Been a fan of the Warriors since Baron Davis and Don Nelson were heading the team and made a surprise run during the playoffs. The Pistons during their championship run in 04, this is the only team that is watchable just for their defence. To an extent, the Raptors as well but only cuz they get more coverage being the only Canadian team, I do want to see them do well.

Only ever been a fan of the Eagles in the NFL. Followed them since McNabbs tenure as QB.

My hometeam in the NHL is Vancouver but I only picked up on them since their big 3 back then with Naslund, Bertuzzi and Morrison.

I rooted for these teams for 12 years now. Never changed faves but I do follow other exceptional players or teams. So rooting for Brady, Peyton, Bryant comeback, Spurs to keep winning and Brodeur to keep playing (even though he is retiring)

Toronto Raptors! o/

And Palmeiras (Brazilian Soccer/Football team)

I watch some NFL games too, rooting mostly for the Saints, quite sad their last season xD

I enjoy watching some NBA matches occasionally (yeah, because it's really difficult to adapt yourself to the US schedule when you're living in Europe). I also follow European football (UCL) and some championships like EPL, La Liga and Bundesliga very often. I don't support any team in particular but I have my favorites in each country.

I'm a big volleyball fan, both male and female. I've always liked the sport since I was a child, but only started following it closer a few years ago. Favorites teams are probably Jastrzebski Wegiel (Poland), Trentino (Italy) and some Brazilian teams like Minas Tênis Clube, Vôlei Brasil Kirin and Pinheiros. As far as leagues go, Serie A1 (Italy), PlusLiga (Poland), and Superliga (Brazil) are the ones I follow the most.

More people following the UCL out there?

Here are the UCL quarter finals draw, just in case:

CAiqf57U0AAhquB.jpg

No English teams this time, I thought that the EPL was the best championship in Europe. The most easy draw was clearly for Juventus, the other matches will be tough for both sides (yes, I think that even Bayern will struggle against Porto). PSG are capable to go through to the next stage, same for Atlético. Interesting draws, would have been even more interesting if it was Juve v Bayern and Porto v Monaco. The three Spanish teams are big contenders to win the trophy (RM and AM having reached the final last season, and Barça are strong currently), could say the same concerning PSG and Bayern. Hope we'll get some surprises though.