Trombe

アルルカン(arlequin) new maxi single "ジレンマ(dilemma)" release

it is announced at アルルカン(arlequin) one-man live "カルぺ・ディエム(carpe diem)" at LIQUIDROOM ebisu at 2015/01/18 that their new maxi single "ジレンマ(dilemma)" will be released at 2015/02/25 (2 TYPE)

TYPE A (1,944yen) will include CD+DVD (including "ジレンマ(dilemma)" PV), and TYPE B (1,620yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.ジレンマ(dilemma)
02.imp
03.白い鬱(shiroi utsu) (included in TYPE B )

btw they will hold their one-man live tour "アンチヒーロー(anti-hero)" since Kanazawa AZ at 2015/06/06 and up to tour final at Shibuya Koukaidou at 2015/08/09

B7oSyaeCAAI5IZq.jpg

I find it easier to look forward to Arlequin when it's in single format, that's where they need to stay for the time being.

it sounds good for more short-term listening

So we just gonna ignore/play ignorant to the fact that whatever new song plays at the beginning of the vid posted sounds exactly like LYNCH's GALLOWS.

Ight.

In fact, after their good first demo, they made only one song. Now, they're making different versions of this song...

After their awesome demo they had 1 or 2 good new songs but overall, yeah. Always the same but still enjoyable. But what do you expect with only their drummer having the slightest talent. Others are just there for the fame, they dont care their sound IMO. Typical Host-Kei behavior.

After their awesome demo they had 1 or 2 good new songs but overall, yeah. Always the same but still enjoyable. But what do you expect with only their drummer having the slightest talent. Others are just there for the fame, they dont care their sound IMO. Typical Host-Kei behavior.

welp they've gotta be pretty talented if they "dont care their sound" [sic] and are "still enjoyable" :o

also lol at that non sequitur at the end of your post.

They're obviously doing well enough that people are salty lmao

Also, they've ripped off lynch. before, so it doesn't surprise nor phase me.

I don't get how ripping off is like the standard for these bands nowadays but ppl like it so...i guess that justifies it.

lmao the pink haired guys face in the solo cuts. it doesn't matter if they took something from dry dusty lynch. cause they make it not suck. ha one of my bands 'ripped off' arlequin with their latest album and shat on them. anyway sounds better than anything on that skanky album of theirs. also i like stella

SET-LIST at 2015/01/18:

01.暁
02.Apoptosis
03.SynonyM
04.Alive
05.missing
06.墓穴
07.ナミダノアト
08.あの窓に教わった事
09.似非林檎-eseringo-
10.ヒマニマヒ
11.リビドー
12.胸の内側に宿る息
13.カレイドスコープ
14.ステラ
drums solo~rhythm session
15.blind bud
16.イノセンス
17.DROPLET
18.clepsydra
19.ダメ人間
20.像
21.Eclipse

I have no ill-will towards Arlequin.  Even if they are somewhat formulaic, I have enjoyed their releases and like that they bring the heavy sound with their efforts.

As I have said before though, I hate chorus only previews, and this didn't get me excited because of that.  Show me the other parts of the song that give it some character.

@TheStoic:

My thoughts as well, especially for a band like Arlequin, the chorus is almost a foregone conclusion lol. Even in general though, using chorus-only previews like that always makes me cynical.

First listen thoughts:

DILLEMA: I like this throughout, at least as good as Hakaana. The chorus does not fit lol, but the same chorus can't fit every song of course >_>. The breakdown in this song is fucking awesome to me. OOPS sorry I left the 16 year old faucet leaking.

IMP: Starts out instrumentally boring but the vocals are pretty.... INTERESTING?!?! After the first minute it becomes quite frenzied and the "chorus" is cool as hell. Aki is actually having fun with vocals good god. This is really sick actually. More effective than their other heavy songs.

SHIROI UTSU: I love the atmosphere starting off, makes me think of a somber A9 ballad. it doesn't fully deliver maybe could stand to be longer, still pretty good.

I think any of these could have been favorites on NEAR EQUAL. would have fattened up the track list too