Trombe

Black Gene For the Next Scene new maxi single "裏返り(uragaeri)" release

idk. I watched the PV with Biopanda... and... It was so unsatisfying. Not to mention Ice has reverted back to terrible screaming vocals. This is really cookie cutter music and bad vocals. I feel cheated tbh.

Sorry but, If it was Dir en Grey nobody would ever complain about terrible screaming vocals.

In my opinion they've improved a lot. It's a band that is still worthy to follow!

Sorry but, If it was Dir en Grey nobody would ever complain about terrible screaming vocals.

In my opinion they've improved a lot. It's a band that is still worthy to follow!

I never said Dir en grey sounded great either. 

And anyone who thinks I would say that or should say that, FAIT ME. 

Granted, regardless what kyo spews out of his god hole, their actual song structure and composure is on another level than this musically. 

So that argument is invalid. Because at least they have original guitar work.

But in all honesty. As ender-ender said earlier in this post, they just got real basic real fast.

Someone obvs didn't read the last Dir en grey reviews....

This song is a total regression in their writing abilities to me. But I'm hoping its a one-off ~heavy~ song and they'll go back to more melodic stuff asap.

I think it sounds great. Fuck all your opinions. kidding ;p don't kill me.

I hope they stick to this sound.

Can someone explain why it's "cookie cutter" though? Because it's a heavier visual kei song?  Here we have a visual kei band that finally understands how to write a heavy and dark song. I can even hear some old school influences in some of the instruments. It's full of a lot of energy and eros has always been more suited for this type of music. 

I think it sounds great. Fuck all your opinions. kidding ;p don't kill me.

I hope they stick to this sound.

Can someone explain why it's "cookie cutter" though? Because it's a heavier visual kei song?  Here we have a visual kei band that finally understands how to write a heavy and dark song. I can even hear some old school influences in some of the instruments. It's full of a lot of energy and eros has always been more suited for this type of music. 

cookie cutter - kei

The idea that bands who sound equally bland or unoriginal are compared to a batch of cookies. By using a cookie cutter, you're able to make all the cookies the same shape, so they're all the same. I think it could sound ok, given that Ice works on his screaming techniques because it really is all over the place in an unpleasant way. As for the music, it's not bad.... but it's pretty standard and unoriginal. 

basically with this song... BFN is just another cookie in the batch.

But if you like cookies... by all means...

This is only my opinion. u still cool for liking what you like.

I know what cookie cutter means I'm asking why you think "it's standard and unoriginal"? Show me a band that sounds like them. And who doesn't like cookies?

As for the music, it's not bad.... but it's pretty standard and unoriginal. 

​It's a forgettable song to me. 

again this is an opinion so regardless of what i compare them to, opinions vary and the way you take in a sound is different than i would or anyone else for the matter. I actually was a fan of BFN and i thought they had their own sound with what they were doing before. But to me in VK right now everyone is using basic recycled riffs and his vocals don't contrast well enough with what's being played to make it shine and be memorable. it's just O.K. to me. and just O.K. goes in with my pile of cookie cutter kei bands. 

Saying it's "cookie cutter" implies that it's the same as all the other visual bands. You can dislike it if you want but if you're going to say it's "standard and unoriginal" then you should explain why that is.

Saying it's "cookie cutter" implies that it's the same as all the other visual bands. You can dislike it if you want but if you're going to say it's "standard and unoriginal" then you should explain why that is.

But to me in VK right now everyone is using basic recycled riffs and his vocals don't contrast well enough with what's being played to make it shine and be memorable.

But to me in VK right now everyone is using basic recycled riffs and his vocals don't contrast well enough with what's being played to make it shine and be memorable.

sorry you missed it.

I like Black Gene generally. I like their sense of humor and cartoony attitude. Their other songs are more unique and interestingly written. The chorus here sounds a little cut off from the whole rest of the song.

All that being said, this song is good and it's probably going to get many more plays from me than any of their aforementioned tracks.

This is good for them IMO

That doesn't really explain how they're "Cookie cutter". Recycled from what?  Every band has influences that you could call "recycled". It sounds fairly original to me. I don't know any visual kei band right now that sounds like them.

By the way the quoting function doesn't work anymore for me.

I think you're being a little too defensive with the fact that someone doesn't agree with your opinion. I don't have to explain why i think they sound cookie cutter as I mentioned before the way you may take in things is different than how I would. I already said I respected your opinion or rather "u still cool for liking what you like." But even if I posted a whole list of bands with a similar sound and concept.... you like this song so you are going to hear it how you want to. And cookie cutter is such a loose term, if there was an actual definition of what the ideal cookie cutter band would be... then of course it wouldn't even be a term. Every band is going to sound at least a little different, but the idea of the direction of this sound TO ME has been done before and is very popular right now. Get a hot dark look, play a few heavy chords and throw in an ok solo. BAM success. A cookie cuter band to me is a band that plays it safe. This was safe. Their older stuff might not have been amazing either, but at least I could tell it was BFN right away. If this song came up on random, the only reason I'd know it was them would be the dying demon frog in Ice's throat. -shrug- That is my opinion. Take it or leave it. I'm not saying hey don't like them. Or hey they really suck a lot. I'm just saying this is bland. and the music isn't very impressive based on my tastes and views on the common mediocre standards.

I'm not going to post again because this is getting off topic and too tense. 

I'm not asking for a list of bands. I'm asking for you to post ONE band that sounds like them. You claim that a bunch of visual kei bands are doing it. I don't see it but I'll drop it.

I'm not asking for a list of bands. I'm asking for you to post ONE band that sounds like them. You claim that a bunch of visual kei bands are doing it. I don't see it but I'll drop it.

google it

.............What lmao.

I mean Tsuzuku already sounds like Tsuzuku being molested. this sounds.. nothing like him I'm not sure where you're coming from loll

His harsh vocals here sound if anything like LIV'ERT, or kind of anyone else. Tzk is kind of the LAST person I think of based on this >_>

they will hold Rame birthday presents live "聖☆馬糞学園結成LIVE" at Takadanobaba AREA at 2015/06/11, at which their members session band "聖☆馬糞学園" and 亜季(aki) special session band will perform

[live participating artists]
Black Gene For the Next Scene
聖☆馬糞学園
凛(lin)-Rame Cosplay Limited Version-
メガマソ(megamasso)
亜季(aki) special session band

亜季(aki) special session band members
Vo.ANGEL-TAKA (UCHUSENTAI:NOIZ)
Gt.SARSHI (HERO)
Ba.亜季(aki) (Sadie)
Dr.TERO (†яi¢к)